ADO dataset with VS.NET 2003 and Windows 2003

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my solution with some of you to the login failed problem and others... I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out this piece of (use your imagination). Anyways, I was able to get the CR.NET report to run on my XP workstation using the instructions provided at:
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/communityCS/FilesAndUpdates/vbnet_win_classicado.exe.asp?ref=devzone_netzone_howto
However, when I migrated the project to my windows 2003 server with multiple websites running on it, I was unable to get it working. I tried adding various msm files to my project, toying around with setting the login information on each table all to no avail.
I installed VS.NET 2003 on my server and checked to see where the CrystalReportWebFormViewer2 virtual directory was installed and it was installed to the wrong website. I then set it up to the default website pointing to the proper directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Crystal Reports\Viewers).
Still nothing (although I think this was one of my problems)
I then spent a whole lot of time going through all the forum articles trying to troubleshoot my server setup. Finally I ran across a mentioning of upgrading the MDAC, so I figured, ah what the hell and upgraded to 2.8 and rebooted and everything magically started working.
Contrary to a lot of info I recieved, I do not have any msm files in my project (although I did install VS.NET 2003 on my server and entered my CR registration info in it which may be a solution to avoid this that not everyone will be willing to do) and I did not use any of the table authentication information that many articles did suggest would fix the problem. I did use the strongly typed dataset as follows:

{
protected CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer CrystalReportViewer1;
protected CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument crd = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();
{

Namespace.DataClass objData = new Namespace.DataClass();
DataSet1 ds = objData.GetReportData("1","US");

crd.SetDataSource(ds);
CrystalReportViewer1.Visible = true;
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crd;
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind();
CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = false;
}
}
I really hope this helps save someone from all the headaches I had to go through.
0
Sayron

Slight error to the code that I posted:

{
protected CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer CrystalReportViewer1;
protected MyReportClass crd = new MyReportClass();
{
Namespace.DataClass objData = new Namespace.DataClass();
DataSet1 ds = objData.GetReportData("1","US");
//For debugging:
ds.WriteXmlSchema(@"TestOutput.xsd");
ds.WriteXml(@"TestOutput.xml");
crd.Load();
crd.SetDataSource(ds);
CrystalReportViewer1.Visible = true;
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crd;
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind();
CrystalReportViewer1.DisplayGroupTree = false;
}
}
0
Sayron

VS.NET 2003 and Crystal.NET
I am using vs.net 2003 and in the text interpretation box in the format properties window of a field I only have the option for none and rtf text I need to have html text for a field how can i get this option.--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. If my solution doesn't solve your problem, just feel free to mark it as not answe...

windows 2003 and VS.Net 2003 problem ?
i have installed windows 2003 and after that i installed VS.Net 2003 but when i am developing windows application with VS.Net then it is running but when i am going to work with asp.net then i am getting error message.even when i type localhost in the address bar of IE then no pages come but IIS is running.IIS is chaged in win 2003, which i could not fix.please help me to run asp.net app on windows 2003 platform. Is IIS is installed in WIN2003 box? and if so do you enabled 1.1 extensitions in webservice extensitions of IIS? If not that could be the problem!Sreedharhttp://www...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Can I buy VB .NET 2003 instead of VS .NET 2003?
Hi if I code my web applications using just Visual Basic can I buy Visual Basic .NET 2003 instead of having to buy the whole Visual Studio .NET 2003?  Will that work the same?  Thanks Hi,     When I got VB.NET 2003, it included VS.NET 2003 (Standard Edition).  I don't think there is a version of VB.NET 2003 that doesn't include VS.NET as the IDE.  While there are some projects templates that are not include in the standard edition, you still have the ASP.NET web application, web service, win forms, etc..., projects available.  If you are asking...

Can I go from VS .NET 2003 to Visual Basic .NET 2003?
Hi, I just developed a commercial application using the trial version of Visual Studio .NET 2003.  My trial is about to expire.  I was hoping .NET 2.0 would be released by now, but that is obviously months away so I'm wondering if I could save a few hundred bucks by buying Visual Basic .NET 2003(around $110 i think) instead of having to buy Visual Studio .NET 2003, which I believe is up around $600 or so.   All my code is Visual Basic, so that's why I'm thinking that's all I need.  And it's mostly web development that I do if that matters.  T...

VS .Net 2003 remote web project, windows xp & windows server 2003 setup
Hi everyone, I have a windows server 2003 setup as a server with IIS 6 & VS 2003 .Net I created an account programmatically for a user with frontpage extensions 2002. The accont works fine when using VS Studion .Net 2003 on the server machine however when I try to create a web project using a windows xp client machine with VS .Net 2003 it fails with a combination of "this user is not a member of the author group" (the user is setup as an administrator on the server and also has administrator front page author privilege) & the user has correct inheritable privileges on th...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Vs.Net 2002 and Vs.Net 2003
Hello: I've one question that keeps messing with my head, I want to know if you have: 1. VS.Net 2002 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? 2. VS.Net 2003 with Framework 1.0 and 1.1 in the same PC, which Framework it compiles apps for? Is it possible to have an app compiled for framework 1.0 that uses DLLs or assemblies compiled for framework 1.1???? and still work ok?? thanks a lot....

VS.NET 2003 to VS.Net 2005
Hi   I just converetd my VS.Net 2003 project to VS.NET 2005 using the convert wizard in Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Project. It compiled with no build errors and a few warnings. When Iam trying to view the project, then it gives me 404 error. Can someone help ? Thanks Could you confirm you are using WAP (Web Application Projects) versus the built-in WSP (Web Site model)? If you have a project file after converting, then you are using WAP. Could you post the actual 404 error you got? Also, did you set your start page in the converted project?  -Mike-...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

VS.Net 2003 with Crystal Reports
We are continuously facing the following errors. A) Error - Not enough memory for operation. B) Error - The process cannot access the file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\export_b4ef34e7-fe29-42de-9437-b21fc4d04858.tmp" because it is being used by another process  We have an ASP.Net web application which has many reports.  The reports (rpt files) are developed in crystal which comes with .Net 2003. After we deploy it into windows 2003 web server with IIS6, we have faced the above errors (Not all times, but some times every day). Then we changed the Recycle Worker Process for Ap...

opening a solution file in VS.NET 2003 ( in Windows Server 2003)
Hi, I could not open a visual studio 2002 solution file (ASP.NET application) in Visual Studio 2003. VS.NET simple hangs up with message "Contacting web server" in Windows Server 2003. If i tweak something on IIS Default web site folder, i get different message like "web access failed", "could not map <localfolder> to http://localhost". I have gone through various forums and applied almost all suggested solutions like 0. tweaking ".sln" file 1. deleting VSWEBCache files 2. renaming the web.config file 3. added temp MIME metadata...

Web resources about - ADO dataset with VS.NET 2003 and Windows 2003 - asp.net.crystal-reports

Data set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For IBM mainframe term for a file, see Data set (IBM mainframe) . For the telecommunications interface device, see Modem . A dataset (or data ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...

Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab
Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab