"Load Report Failed." - Cannot get report to display in Crystal Report Viewer

Hi Everyone,

I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant).

In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly.

I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed".

Please see the code below:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/secure.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="reportviewer.aspx.cs" Inherits="secure_reportviewer" Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"

Namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" TagPrefix="CR" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

<h1>Report Viewer</h1>

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="True"

HasCrystalLogo="False" Height="50px" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" Width="898px" DisplayGroupTree="False" />

<CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server" >

<Report FileName="c:\inetpub\wwwroot\smart\secure\reports\storesummary.rpt">

</Report>

</CR:CrystalReportSource>

</asp:Content>

I have tried every combination I can think of for the report file name:

storesummary.rpt, ~/secure/reports/storesummary.rpt, c:\intetpub\wwwroot etc but nothing works.  Does ANYONE know how I can get this report to display on an ASP.NET page?!?!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks

Ally

0
allythacker

Please check if you have loaded the report in your code behind. Such as the following code:

        ReportDocument report = new ReportDocument();
        string reportPath = Server.MapPath("report.rpt");
        report.Load(reportPath);
        CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = report;

You have to load the report before you can view it in the aspx page. If the problem is not solved please post your entire code.

If my post helped you please remember to MARK AS ANSWER

Sreekanth Reddy .L

0
SreekanthReddy
1/23/2008 3:54:59 PM

Thanks Sreekanth.

When I run this, I am missing a reference - should I have a "using...." in my C# code?

0
allythacker
1/23/2008 4:14:09 PM

Yes U have to Use the following namespaces:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

CrystalDecisions.Shared;

Sreekanth.

0
SreekanthReddy
1/25/2008 2:51:03 PM

SreekanthReddy:

Yes U have to Use the following namespaces:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

CrystalDecisions.Shared;

Sreekanth.

I am having the same problem.  And I've checked and am including both namespaces that you mentioned.  What else could be the problem?

Doctor Who
0
DoctorWho

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Report "Load report failed" while report using data field
hi all, I'm develop asp.net and crystal report from visual studio 2003 environment. all the completed program & report will place in 1 folder running by IIS5, currently the problem is: if the report is without using database fields is runnable and display well in my page; but if the report need to uses of database's field (no matter from xml or dataset), the page always throw error message "Load report failed", the stack trace always stop in the code "rpt.SetDataSource(ds)" or " rpt.Database.Tables(0).SetDataSource(ds.Tables("tbl1")" or "rpt.ExportToStream (CrystalDecisions.Shared.E...

Load report failed "Crysal report"
  Hi When I run my ASP page which has crystal report it gives Load report failed ,, how to solve this problem ?   Thanks   Hi, Kinldy post the Complte error..ThanksAvinash TiwariRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post, if it helps you. Visit on below link, there code sample available and working fine. Hope it helpful for you. http://dotnet-naresh.blogspot.com       ThanksNaresh Prakash.Click Here : Sky is the not limitDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a p...

"Load report failed" after some report views
Hello everyone, I'm using Crystal reports in my applications. It was working fine, but now it gives me some problems. After generating a few reports (don't know the exact number) it starts giving me the error message: "Load report failed".... it gives me this message for all reports, even those I have just viewed and proved they were working. It only stops when I do a "iisreset" in cmd.exe. Then it goes back to work, and after a fiew more views, it stops again. What could it be? Anyone? ...

"Load report failed" COMException (0x80004005) when loading embedded reports
Folks,we have an ASP.NET 2.0 project here which uses Crystal Reports (that shipped with VS 2005 Pro) to render reports into PDF files. We're not actually displaying any of the reports on a web form - we're just using the CR engine to turn reports into PDF files and downloading those to the client.The .RPT files are included in the web page assembly as "embedded resources". Everything works fine on our devtest server - but on my local dev machine - freshly installed on a clean Win XP SP2 - I cannot get any of the reports to run. I can see and design them in VS 2005 Pro - but when I try to run...

Crsytal report error"Load Report Fail"
i have face this error "Load Report Fail" when open the report. but my report is work for a few month already, sunddenly my report cant show at today. Then the above of my report will show "Load Report Fail ". Please advice me. Try to verify database on report, sometime report lost connection to database, maybe this is a reason my connection is not problem. moreover this report is already upload into server by a few month past. Just sunddenly all the user cant load the report succesfully. i dont know where is the problem come from? is it got related to the window...

Crystal Report, Report "Flashes" on screen, then disapers when Priviewed
I am using the Crystal Report Automation Service to preview CR reports from my PowerBuilder application. When I call the Preview function, the report "flashes" on the screen, then it disapers right away. How can I make it "stay" untill the user closes the Preview Window ? OLEObject sc1, loo_Report sc1 = CREATE OLEObject li_return = sc1.ConnectToNewObject ("crystal.crpe.application") loo_Report = sc1.OpenReport( ls_FullFileName) loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.CanDRillDown = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWindowOptions.HasCancelButton = TRUE loo_Report.PrintWind...

Load Report Failed
Hi,  I am using the built in Crystal Report in VS.NET 2005. I followed 2 examples which seem to work until I run the crystal report, then receive "Load Report Failed" on top of the crystal report......   I have selected the table required, and put only 3 fields on the Crystal report, and made its report source my report.rpt, and in the Page_load event, put in databind() I obviouly put the crystalreportviewer on an aspx page first. But gives me the"Load report Failed" Why ? Can anyone assist please ?  Im using an access database Could it be becaus...

Crystal Report
HiI am using VS 2003 framework 1.1in my asp.net application crystal report run fine in my PC.But on demo server it will giving error,Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.Stack Trace:[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]   .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID ) +272   .E(String , Int32 ) +56   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1262   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportCla...

Crystal Report : Load report failed.
Hi all, I have a problem showing a CR's report in an aspx file. The report use an Ms Access table as datasource and it works fine, I mean when I click on the "Main Report Preview" button the report is displayed correctly. And I still get the error "Load report failed." when trying to show it in an aspx file using CrystalReportViewer. Here is my code : 1   <CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" 2           AutoDataBind="True" Height="50px" ...

Web resources about - "Load Report Failed." - Cannot get report to display in Crystal Report Viewer - asp.net.crystal-reports