"Access to report file denied" error trying to gnerate a PDF

I am getting the following error when trying to generate a PDF using Crystal Reports from a web application:

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\...filename.rpt: Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it.

I everything I have researched points to following the advice: http://blogs.aspadvice.com/rjdudley/archive/2005/03/14/3058.aspx

I followed the instructions but am still getting the “access to report file denied” error.

The web application is using Crystal Reports 10 on Windows Server 2003.  As most familiar with this problem may be aware of, the web application works fine when testing locally on XP.  It’s when testing on Windows Server 2003 that things go bad.

Does anyone having any further insight on how to address this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

0
owen912

Well it looks like I solved my problem just as this post is
accepted.  I had given appropriate permission to the ASPNET
account, but it looks like I have to do so with the NetworkServices
account.  Also key was stopping and start IIS.

Thanks,

Mike

0
owen912
9/19/2005 3:13:12 PM
Where are these accounts that you granted access on?
0
xbjr149x
9/29/2005 12:10:20 PM
The key for me was granting the NetworkServices account
read/write/modify access to the directory the PDF was to be written
to.  The site is on a Windows Server 2003 box.

Mike
0
owen912

wow, I am now going to ask a stupid question....What do I have to install or do I need to manually create a NetworkServices account? I am soon to deploy on a Winserv2003 box and want to make problems to a minumum.

I also get this error but it seems to go away when I set the stored proc location again and verify the database again :(

I think, therefore I am
0
mvdberg
9/30/2005 11:40:30 AM
I am not a network/server administrator.

With that qualification out of the way, the NetworkServices account is a default that comes with Windows Server 2003/IIS.  From what I have read, this is a more restricted account set up to make the server a little more secure.

Mike

0
owen912
9/30/2005 6:09:54 PM

Running IIS on Windows 2003 Server box, and Asp.net application is exporting crystal report to PDF. Get the same error:  Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it.

I cannot see NetworkServicesAccount. Please advise how you resolved the problem ?

0
SamTim

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Error after deloyment
Hi,I am using crystal reports with Visual Studio 2005. And that was working fine in development environment. After I deployed it to server, It is giving me this error.#######################################################System.Exception: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80000220): Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rptInvoice {D21318F6-F9E2-4FDA-8CA9-95B11CB95993}.rpt:Access to report file denied. Another program may be using it.   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Opti...

Convert my reports from "Active Reports" to "Crystal Reports"
Hello, I discovered data dynamics active reports product a year ago while I was starting a new asp.net project and decided to use it as the reporting tool, it's a very nice product and have a lot of advantages over many other products in the market. However...I also discovered that although they clearly declare that they support Right To Left languages, they have a BIG issue when using Right To Left languages in ASP.NET.I've been writing them posts about this problem and asking when they are going to fix it for 8 months, and yet they did not give me an estimate time frame for fixing this i...

Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the...

"Logon failed error on Crystal Reports" when using oracle at backend and crystal reports
I am using VS.NET 2003 and oracle 8i database at backend. When I connect DB by ADO it connects and show tables and after making the report when I try to view it in browser there is an error of Logon failure on crystal reports. I am using VB.NET and ASP.NET. Kindly reply me soon. All in all I want to show reports in crystal reports from oracle 8i database. Haroon. can you post your code where you load the report--------------------------------------------------Sincerely,Michael ReyerosPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if...

Crystal Report give error "Load Report Failed"
Helloi in my Project I m using Crystal report,My Crystal report is Export in PDFi Have 150 fileapplication is first file export in pdf,then second file export pdf,in same say may be 30-40 file export in pdfbut after they give error load report faild, why this error will come.for run that application agian i have closed my VS and start again applicationwhy this will happen?  Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win .Net 2003 server and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNET to the Administrators group 2.) I added ASPNET user with full control to the following folder and its children C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal ...

Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied using crystal reports
Hi, I ahave got similar problenm as yours. I am getting Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied. I guessed it (dynamic_images) mapped to "C:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers\images" So I added NETWORK SERVICE user, as web site will be recognised by system by this name and provide all secuty permissions. I also added ASP.NET user and IUSR_GULIA (b coz GULIA is my machine name). I did could not get it working.....I tried whole day...I would appreciate you or any one else can help me get out of this riddle. Thank you very much. Hari...

Crystal Report
I'm trying to get a Crystals Report to show up using Win 2003 server standard edition and I keep getting this error: (note: it works fine with my other server running win2k server) If any one has any thoughts on it, please do share. P.Muni Kumar Here is the error page in its entirety: Server Error in '/BranchSoft' Application. Access to the path "dynamic_images" is denied It sounds like a typical "ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource." But none of the following actions resulted in getting past it: 1.) I added ASPNE...

Dissecting the "Logon Failed" Error in Crystal Reports .NET
Following up Eric Landes' article "Troubleshooting Database Login Errors using Crystal Reports with .NET", I set out to see why this error is so common in Crystal Reports .NET projects. The result is a Crystal Alliance article published today, "Dissecting the 'Logon Failed' Error in Crystal Reports .NET". <abstract> Often, the best way to prevent an error is to understand why it occurs. In various newsgroups, questions regarding the “Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed” are asked quite often. A recent Crystal...

"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied."
"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied." I have been getting this error msg all the time, anytime I update one of the files. Has anybody seen this error besides me. It been so frusrating I built a complete new system from scratch, and I'm still recieve this msg. I believe that it may be related to one of MS service packs, but It has made my portal useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. OS 2000pro with VS2002 aghPeter Nagy Obvious question: do you have write permissions on the Folder? Are any files Read Onl...

"Load Report Failed."
Hi Everyone, I have developed a report in VS2005 (On a Vista PC, in case that's relevant). In the report designer, I switch to "Main Report Preview" and the report shows up fine - it get the data from the database and displays perfectly. I tried to add a page to display the report in my app.  I added a crystal report viewer and a Crystal Report Source.  The report displays fine in design view.  However, when I run the app, all I get is "Load Report Failed". Please see the code below:<%@ Page Language="C#" M...

Crystal Reports for VS2005 ExportToHTTPResponse gives "Invalid report file path" on deployed server
I have a ASP.Net application developed in C# on Win2k SP4, VS2005 SP1 using CR for VS2005. The application allows the user to select different reports and the selection and filtering criteria for those reports.  The user can then view the report using the embedded CrystalReportViewer control and print the report via exporting it to a PDF file.  Everything works great on my development machine.  When deployed to a Win2k3 server, using a web setup deployment project that contains the CR merge modules, the report loads in the CrystalReportViewer as expected.&n...

Error :"Missing parameter values" while exporting a crystal report to PDF in VS2005
Hi, I have a project which is converted from VS2003 to VS2005 .I got the code to export the crystal report to pdf and is working in VS2003,but in VS2005 it showing an Error :"Missing Parameter Values" and it is runtime.The code is as shown below.Namespaces used:Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.EngineImports CrystalDecisions.Shared  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------        Dim MyReport As New ReportDocument  ...

Web resources about - "Access to report file denied" error trying to gnerate a PDF - asp.net.crystal-reports