Web site error after publishing web site

Hi,

I'm on shared hosting. I have developed a site locally and uploaded it using ftp to my host so that I could test the payment gateway insitu. That is to say I uploaded the aspx pages, the codebehinds and the class files in the App_Code folder.

Everything worked fine and I'm pretty much finished so I thought to myself that I should use the Publish process in VS.NET 2005 instead. I did that and then uploaded the published files to the site.

Big mistake. I now get a compilation error that I just can't get rid of. The error is:

Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\022ba78f\d16e2e3\assembly\dl3\6e63d634\28fa6659_245dc601\App_Code.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\022ba78f\d16e2e3\App_Code.8pfeyuxw.dll'

I've googled the error code and I guess that I now have two dll's in the 'Temporary ASP.NET Files' folder with the same types. My question is how to resolve the situation bearing in mind that I am on shared hosting. I have asked my hosting provider to look at the prob but I am quite keen to solve the problem asap and from my end if possible.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark

0
fulsomepraise

Yes, I'm an idiot. When I published the site various new dll's where put in to the bin folder on the production server. I forgot to delete these when I went back to the copy method of deploying the web site. This led to the CS0433 error. I'm still not really sure why I got an error in the first place though.

At least the site is working now.

Having said all this I do miss the old deployment model very much. It was very nice to be able to upload just a single dll to the bin folder and it just worked.

Thanks

Mark

0
fulsomepraise

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

How to copy web site or publish web site
Hello:  I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.  I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.   How could I copy or publish .net to the server?  Your help is highly appreciated ...

Build error when using Web Deployment Projects
Hi,  I am getting the following error when trying to build a web site in VS2005 using Web Deployment Projects... Target "AspNetCompiler" in file "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\Microsoft.WebDeployment.targets": Task "AspNetCompiler"   Command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /_WebSite -p D:\IntDev\DotNet\AGS_Deployment\AGS\UI\WebPortal\_WebSite -u -f -fixednames D:\IntDev\DotNet\AGS_Deployment\_WebSite_deploy\Release\ The "AspNetCompiler" task is using "aspnet_compiler.exe" from "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Copy Web Site & Publish Web Site
So I need some help understanding this.I had been using VS2005 Beta 2 to work on an internal site.  To put a new version up on the web server, I used the Publish feature.  Worked great.A co-worker will be assisting with some of the changes now.  Since she doesn't have VS2005, she downloaded VWD.  I removed my VS2005 and installed VWD so that I could get a feel for what she'll be using (she's new to .NET dev; I'm new to ASP.NET).  One of the things missing from VWD is the Publish feature.  Doh!So my question is, how does this work in terms of compiling code? ...

Update publish web site without doing down the web site?
HI, I have a web site which is production server.I want to do minor change like change text of a label. I want to do it without doing down to web site. Thanks in advance.  just edit the aspx file that you need to ... it won't put down the server at all, the user wont't see anything! ...

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

how to package VS Web Site App to be published as a Project web site on a production web server in a sub folder of the main website
Hi, I created a VS2k5 Website and used the web site using the small business starter kit as a model.  I published the website to a folder and runs fine.  I decided to copy the website to a folder within another website so when you click on a link it will open up the website start page.  That does not work.  My problem is that I need to publish the website as a project that includes all the tools I used so it can be uploaded to a subfolder into the website and the main webdb page will open.  Is their a way for me to deploy the website a a project? I am open ...

IIS=>Web Sites=>Default Web Site error
Hi, When I double click Web Sites, I got an "Error" within a red octagon symbol that is besides on the left of "Default Web Site". What should I do?   Thanks  Can you right click on the "Default Web Site" and "Properties" and what does it say if so?Please "Mark As Answer" if it answers your question.Software DeveloperASP.NET (C#) That usually means that IIS is specifying a file system folder that doesn't exist. Usually, the Default Web Site points to c:\inetpub\wwwroot. Does this folder exist? If IIS points to a di...

How to deploy a setup project to a web site instead under default web site?
Hi, I like to illustrate my point of confusion. In my case, I can not see any web site defined as virtual directory under Default Web Site over the internet. I like to know how to configure my web setup project, so that I can deploy my new project under the WEB Site instead of under the Ddfault Web Site. I have tried a long time to find out the answer and no luck so far. IIS WebServerName WEB SITE --------------------You can create new web site right click here .........DEFAULT Web Site----You can create new virtual directory right click here ....................FTP ...

How to config Web Site Administration Tool in web hosting 's site?
I 'm uploading my website to Web Hosting site for the first time , Everything went well until i realized that i can't login . The problem is when created login form i use Login and CreateUserWizard tools of asp.net and Web Site Administration Tool to create a database to store registered user in App_Data folder , now i don't know where to change connection string in Web hosting page (there 's no Web Site Administration Tool ), the connection string 's not in web.config file nor any code behind file . So my question is how to config it and also another Web Site Admi...

Web.config error on opening a web site from a local file system
To run an example from ADOnet 2.0 SBS 2005 edition, I opened a web site from File System (Microsoft Press folder).   I can review the Design and Source tabs; however, running an example program, e.g. Chap 14-Finished, showed the following error:It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Microsoft Press\ADO.NET 2.0 Step by Step\Chap14\VB\Chapter 14 - Finish\Chapter 14 - Finish\web.config 51I have created a...

General design error in web deployment projects for web site projects?
  When you create a Web Site Project in VS2008 and add a Web Deployment Project you can choose to create a single output assembly and leave the aspx and ascx files updateable. In this scenario you can deploy your unfinished Web Site to a Webdesigner that modifies the layout. The problem now is, to get those files back in the source tree. As the web deployment project removes the CodeFile attribute of such files I need to readd it manually or write a program that does this step for me. Is my scenario so uncommon and why or am I missing a point? I don't want to give my ...

Web resources about - Web site error after publishing web site - asp.net.config-deploy

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

US financial, publishing hack attack part of global criminal enterprise
The US has detailed hacks of at least nine big financial and publishing firms and the theft of information on 100 million of their customers. ...

Niche Media Rebrands as GreenGale Publishing
Niche Media—publisher of Gotham, Hamptons, Ocean Drive, Philadelphia Style and more— has rebranded itself as GreenGale Publishing. The name comes ...

"The 2015 Man Booker prize winner Marlon James has slammed the publishing world, saying authors of colour ...
"... and that he could have been published more often if he had written 'middle-style prose and private ennui.'" At a sold-out Guardian event ...

Meet the 19-year-old whose 80-person company is taking the fashion, film, and publishing worlds by storm ...
Tavi Gevinson is not your typical 19-year-old. She's edited four books, starred in a Broadway show, and leads a staff of 80 at Rookie, an online ...

Move sets stage for Oaktree to sell off Tribune Publishing shares
Investment firm Oaktree Capital Management has set the table to sell its 18 percent stake in Tribune Publishing .

EXCLUSIVE: Street Fighter X G.I. Joe #1 Solicitation From IDW Publishing
A new challenger appears! IDW Publishing has provided ComicBook.com with an exclusive first look [...]

German publishing giant sues dev behind iOS 9 ad blocker
Begun, the iOS 9 ad blockers legal wars has. Germany’s Axel Springer, a company which owns major newspapers like Bild and Die Welt, is trying ...

Introducing Duct Tape Publishing
Introducing Duct Tape Publishing written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Over the years I’ve produced a lot of content – maybe ...