Web Admin Tool Timed Out

I have VS 2005 Pro RTM, No Beta ever on this machine, running XP Pro SP2.  I created a new web site in wwwroot.  I built the site and ran it.  I attempted to run the Web Admin Tool.  When it opens in IE I get the tabs and links just fine.  When I click on either one I get "Tool Has Timed Out ".  My Windows account has full control access to site, web config, and data folder.  What am I missing?  Why does the tool time out as soon as I open it and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Gene

0
GeneQ

Web Admin Tool For Deployment
I just did my first system using Membership and deployed it.  It still has a couple of bugs I am working out, but overall, very impressive. Is there a way for me to get and download to the server where the application is deployed the Web Admin Tool that is called from inside of Visual Studio? I had a problem with the deployment site and could not figure out how to get that tool on the deployment server for use by the local net admin.   Thank you Chuck Unfortunately this tool can only be accessed on localhost through Visual studio Check out http://www.developer.com/net/asp/...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Web site admin tool time out
Hello, I am new to VS and have recently downloaded and registered VS Express (Web Dev, VB and SQL Server). I launched VS Web Dev this eve and tried to create a Personal Web site from the starter kit.  I follow the instructions and everything is fine until I get to using the Web Site Admin Tool.  It opens in a browser but if i select any link/tab including help I am told the tool has timed out. I have admin rights on the machine. How can I configure an admin user? TIA, Alan....

Web Site Admin Tool Timed Out
I am getting the message "Web Site Administration Tool has Timed Out" when I attempt to create an administrators role on the club-site starter kit. Restarting the application continues to bring this message up every time. Anybody got any ideas? I have the same problem.  I search in this forum and many message thread either saying either to create new provider, to quiting firewall, set new time out in session state in order to solve the problem.  I did all of this and i still have the problem.  If anyone know how to solve the root problem, please let me know and I appreciate...

Web Deployment Project - Config Properties
I'm using a Web Deployment Project to compile my web site. In the Property Pages - Configuration Properties - Deployment section, there is an option to 'Enable Web.config file section replacement'. I have this working to replace certain sections of my web.config for each build config (release/staging/dev). I think this makes sense so other developers do not have to remember to change the web.config file. HOWEVER, this only seems to work when replacing parts of web.config; such as appSettings, connectionString, etc. This would require me to have separate config files for each section and bui...

Using Web Admin Tool during RUN TIME
 I can work with Web Admin tool in design time to define roles and membership policy as well create users. My Question is how would an Admin of website access This Web Admin Tool in Studio 2005 to manage roles/memebership during run time. Thanks,   You can do pretty much anything programatically you can do with the web configuration tool.  Check out these articles: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/120705-1.aspx "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."  For example you can add a user to a role...

Validate web.config from c#, programmatically or executing .net tools
Hi there, we have an app that executes a web.config merge and we want to have an automated test of the MergeConfig.Ideally I would check that there are no error in the merged web.config, viewing something like the error list window in visual studio when you open the web.config. Is there an Api to validate the web.config?Or may I do it with aspnet_compiler or some of this command tools? Thanks http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/Simple_XML_Validator.aspx Since the web.config is just a Xml file you can validate it against a xsd file. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9...

Web Deployment Projects: Web.config sections <system.web>
I like "Web Deployment Projects" a lot - WELL done!I encounter the following by trying to replace the system.web config section in Web.config.During the build I get   Web.config (1): error WDP00002: missing section system.web.I can replace other parts of the Web.config, like appSettings, connectionStrings and even system.runtime.remoting, but not system.web.Any ideas? Thankx! I think you have the honors of finding the first bug.  We're using Configuration.Sections[] to acess the replaceable sections and it doesn't appear to work with system.web.I'll enter the bug. ...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

The appSettings in web.config not available at design time in VS .NET 2003
Evidently any appSettings in web.config are not available at design-time in VS .NET 2003. Is this a bug or the way that ASP .NET is supposed to work ?This is causing a problem when opening certain web pages at design-time, as these web pages use some appSettings to initialize themselves and setup database connections. The only solution of which I can think is to not initialize these database connections at design-time, since they are not needed then. The further question, therefore, is: How do I detect design-time mode as opposed to run-time mode in my System.Web.UI.Page derived class ? De...

Web admin tool in vs.net 2005 in combination with SQL server 2005
Hi,a couple of weeks I became the proud owner of the Beta experience DVD's filled with a lot of stuf. I got a new laptop from my new employer and wanted to try out the new stuff because we're working already with the beta 2 pieces on our current assignment (winforms 2.0 in that case :-) ).I installed SQL server 2005 that shipped and after that vs.net 2005 without the SQL server 2005 Express edition. I created a new website and wanted to try out the new administration tool for setting up everything for my security because I wanted to play with the new login controls.It gave me some timeout er...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

Web Deployment Project multiple Web.config
I have found an easy way to have multiple web.config files and have Visual Studio Copy the correct one into the project depending on the configuration. Just add a copy tag to the taret tag like so. <Target Name="AfterBuild"> <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Staging|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\webDeployStaging.config" DestinationFiles="$(OutputPath)\Web.config"></Copy> <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\webDeployProduction.config" DestinationFiles="$(Outpu...

Web resources about - Web Admin Tool Timed Out - asp.net.config-deploy

Admin Secret : In the Know, Running the Show
AdminSecret is tailored to the modern administrative assistant. Whether a seasoned executive assistant or an aspiring admin, AdminSecret pulls ...

Ask The Admin: Free tech support for the geek in you.
Free technical support for everyone with a touch of our geeky humor.

Admin - Search Jobs - All Job Listing - Employment Opportunity For - Anywhere at Kickadmin.com
Find Admin, Search Jobs and more at Kickadmin.com. Get the best of All Job Listing Or or Monster Jobs, browse our section on All Career or learn ...

Live Admins LLC - Providing Web Solutions for your Business
LiveAdmins LLC established in 2002, provides Live Chat and Support Services, WebGreeter, WG Live Chat Software, and WG Web Solutions for Internet ...

Wikipedia:Administrators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note: This is not the page to post questions for administrators. For questions, see Wikipedia:Questions . Note: This is not the page to request ...

INFOGRAPHIC: How Facebook Page Admins Can Become Ninjas
Facebook application creator ShortStack wants to help page administrators become ninjas. continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The best ...

Facebook Testing New Admin Panel for Messaging by Pages?
Facebook appears to be testing a new admin panel for pages’ messaging . Reader Marco Alonso shared the screenshot below, in which features that ...

Telegram Messenger updated with admins, supergroups and more
... On a much lighter note, Telegram is in the news now on account of its latest update, which introduces three new and noteworthy features. Admins ...

Poor management of admin accounts puts businesses at risk
Login details for an administrator or other privileged account falling into the wrong hands can have serious consequences for a business. But ...

Obama admin eyes school test reform
Faced with mounting opposition to increased testing in public schools, the Obama administration declared the push had gone too far, The NYT reports. ...