underlying connection was closed:unable to connect to remote server

I have been receiving this exception for over a week with a .NET remoting app and can't find a solution anywhere that works.  Below I'll paste my config files and the client code calling the remote method.  I'd really appreciate some assistance. The Server code and files are on a remote server within our facility and have been told more than once there is no firewall between my workstation and it.  So firewalls are out of the question as the source of the problem.  I assume its somewhere in my config files but I've tried everything I've seen on the net.

I receive the Net.WebException: underlying connection was closed:unable to connect to remote server exception message.

Any thoughts?

client config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<system.runtime.remoting>

<application>

<!-- <channels>

<channel ref="http" port="1234" />

<channel ref="http" port="1235" />

</channels> -->

<client url="http://agiledev2.sanmina-sci.com/DataExtractService">

<wellknown type="AgileExtractNegotiator.ITNSManager, AgileExtractNegotiator"

url="http://agiledev2.sanmina-sci.com:1234/DataExtractService/TNSManager.soap" />

<wellknown type="AgileExtractNegotiator.IDataExtractManager, AgileExtractNegotiator"

url="http://agiledev2.sanmina-sci.com:1234/DataExtractService/DataExtractManager.soap" />

</client>

<channels>

<channel ref="http" />

</channels>

</application>

// <customErrors mode="off"/>

</system.runtime.remoting>

</configuration>

server config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
 <system.runtime.remoting>
  <application>
   <channels>
    <channel ref="http" port="1234"/>
   </channels>
   <lifetime leaseTimeout="20M"
      renewOnCallTime="20M"
      leaseManagerPollTime="3M" />
   <service>
    <WellKnown mode="SingleCall"
       type="DataExtractServer.DataExtractManager, DataExtractServer"
       objectUri="DataExtractManager.soap" />
    <WellKnown mode="SingleCall"
       type="DataExtractServer.TNSManager, DataExtractServer"
       objectUri="TNSManager.soap" />
   </service>
  </application>
  <customErrors mode="Off" />
 </system.runtime.remoting>
</configuration>

client code:

Dim app As Windows.Forms.Application

Dim rc As RemotingConfiguration

Dim strConfigFile As String = app.StartupPath.Trim & "\DataExtractLogin.exe.config"

rc.Configure(strConfigFile.Trim)

rc.CustomErrorsEnabled(False)

Dim rh As RemotingHelper = New RemotingHelper

Dim tnsm As ITNSManager = CType(rh.GetObject(GetType(ITNSManager)), ITNSManager)

Dim props As IDictionary = ChannelServices.GetChannelSinkProperties(tnsm)

props("username") = "*********"

props("password") = "********"

Dim TNS As TNSGeneral = New TNSGeneral

Try

TNS = tnsm.GetTNSInfo

Catch rEx As RemotingException

MessageBox.Show("Remoting Exception: " & rEx.Message.Trim, _

"Remoting Service Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Stop, _

MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button1, MessageBoxOptions.ServiceNotification)

Exit Sub

Catch argEx As ArgumentException

MessageBox.Show("Exception: " & argEx.Message.Trim & argEx.InnerException.Message)

Exit Sub

Catch aEx As ApplicationException

MessageBox.Show("Exception: " & aEx.Message.Trim & aEx.InnerException.Message)

Exit Sub

Catch nrEx As NullReferenceException

MessageBox.Show("Exception: " & nrEx.Message.Trim & nrEx.InnerException.Message)

Exit Sub

Catch nwEx As Net.WebException

MessageBox.Show("Net Web Exception: " & nwEx.Message.Trim)

Exit Sub

Catch Ex As Exception

MessageBox.Show("Exception: " & Ex.Message.Trim & Ex.InnerException.Message)

Exit Sub

End Try

0
beachbum714

anything look wrong in the code?  i know something is missing.
0
beachbum714

Deploying HTTPPost test
Hi,I have a test page which sends an HTTPPost to another page on my server and writes out the response. It works perfectly on my Localhost but when trying it on our test server I have come accross the above problem.I have tried with our URL and the server IP as the address. I know that the Connection string is correct as I am testing the connection on the page.Here is my Post code: try { string result = ""; StreamWriter myWriter = null; HttpWebRequest objRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(server + "/messagehandler.aspx"); objRequest.Method = "POST"; objRe...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
I am writing a valid link checker but get an error of "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server" It seems to only happen if there is a www in the link. What is the best way to approach this Dim httpReq As HttpWebRequest = CType(WebRequest.Create(strLinkURL), HttpWebRequest) httpReq.AllowAutoRedirect = False httpReq.Proxy = System.Net.GlobalProxySelection.GetEmptyWebProxy() httpReq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials ...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Hi guys, I have problem with the above HTTP response while trying to post a request from one aspx (from A site) to another aspx page (at B site) which is hosted at the same web server. Which particular area should I pay attention to ?? Thanks ictie...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Not my code. I purchased Enterprise Forms. It is suppose to email the data from the form submitted using the following code to receive the forms data and store in a string. The last line is where the code is throwing the error.The dev server runs it properly the live server has the problem. The are both 2k3 server. Using same firewall and DNS settings. System.Net.HttpWebRequest req = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)System.Net.WebRequest.Create(url);       req.CookieContainer = new System.Net.CookieContainer();      for(int i = 0; i <...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
Hi, I am getting this error message.I am using myWebClient.OpenRead(uriString) method. Stack Trace is     Accessing http://www.amfiindia.com/portal/upload/downloadnav.txtException  The underlying connection was closed:  Unable to connect to the remote server.stackrace at System.Net.HttpWebRequest. Here is my code private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { // Create a new WebClient instance. // Just file reader WebClient myWebClient = new WebClient(); // Download home page data. string uriString="http://www.amfiindia.co...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Hello, all... I'm in the process of trying to deploy a web app to a W2K box. The application itself installs flawlessly, but when I try to generate a report, I get the following error: -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: ...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I have the following problem with all the web services clients I created. What could be wrong? The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Source Error: Line 35: [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAtt...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
 I`m getting the error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +677 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +74 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +233 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +105 myapp.myapp.Login(String User, String Password) myapp.WS.WS_Test.RUN_Login.Page_Load(Object sender,...

Underlying connection was closed. Unable to connect to remote server.
The subject is the error i get when i try to consume my webservice from my web application running on a machine outside of our firewall. Inside everything works like a charm. The machine that runs the web app is a windows 2000 server which uses a proxy. I can connect to and get information from my webservice through a browser without any problems. When i try to do it programatically from inside my webapp it fails. I found a few suggestions of things to try such as: modifying machine.config file to include the address of the proxy like so: <proxy usesystemdefault="f...

HttpWebRequest
I am developing an asp.net/vb.net web application locally on my development pc. My development pc is a member of a Small Business Server 2000 (SBS) domain and as such it connects to the internet thru the proxy server (ISA) on the SBS. I am trying to process a credit card transaction using HttpWebRequest as follows: webRequest = CType(webRequest.Create("https://www.viaklix.com/process.asp"), System.Net.HttpWebRequest) With webRequest .KeepAlive = False .Method = "POST" .ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" ...

Error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
Dear all,I have a webservice project running on Computer A.I am calling a webmethod from this web service from an asp.net project on computer B, it is working correctly.But the problem is when i am trying to call the same webmethod from another asp.net project on the computer B, i am receiving this error:The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.it is not a security problem or configuration since the same webmethod is working on the first asp.net project Can anyone help, thanks.   Any help please....

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. #2
I am working with asp.net web applications along with RSS feed back when I tryed to access RSS feed content then I get following error message The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. what is the solutions for above problem help me if someone can! thank you maxamx sounds like you are closing the connection to the remote server before you read the xml data.  can you post some code or anything to reference the problem further? If my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/BlogViewScreen.aspx...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. #2
I created a webservice, which get some information about certain typpe of items from about 4 suppliers. My webservice was working fine and getting proper result from all the suppliers servers, until one the suppliers changes  its production server link. After making changes with the new link, I m receving error:The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote . the code i m using is:NetworkCredential nc = null;Uri uri = null;nc = new NetworkCredential("NewUserName","NewPassword");string requset = "xml=" + strRequestXml;uri = new Uri(NewURL + strRequestUrl);HttpWebRe...

"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.".
Hi,We have created Paypal Sandbox profile.Then, we tried to use. we are getting the following error."The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.".We are using ASP.NET USING VB.We are getting the error in the following line.response = CType(caller.Call("TransactionSearch", request), TransactionSearchResponseType)Urgent help is needed. If anyone know, let me know.Urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sekaran--Regarding this... sekaran wrote:..."The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."....We are getting the error in the...

Web resources about - underlying connection was closed:unable to connect to remote server - asp.net.config-deploy

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 6:15:20 PM