I think I get the general idea of this error. The webservice works on my computer as Visual Web Developer somehow makes a temporary server out of my computer. But when I try to FTP my full ASP page I get an error that localhost is not defined. This makes sense as I am sure the web server for GoDaddy is not called localhost for me. Now in my App_WebReferences folder in my program I have a local host folder that holds 3 automatically generated files which are somehow "calls" to a webservice that I built. So I have the original files for the webservice that I built on my computer in another seperate folder, and when I made a call to them the computer automatically built the directory and files under the App_WebReferences. I am not sure what I need to do when trying to transfer my site that I think, (although I am not sure), calls on these files. I tried even moving the webservice folder and files in a relative position as they were on my computer, but that doesen't work. So what do I need to do? What I think is that my site that references the webservice program is looking under "localhost" the actual (127.0.0.1) but can not find it. So how to I get it to dynamically update to the name of the server that I am trying to upload it to? So how would I get it so that if I transfer it to a different directory it would update the "localhost" accordingly? I don't mind manually fixing the path if I don't have to fix a million. I have tried the "Copy" function and when trying to copy it to the online server I push "remote site" and try the www.mydomainname.com and it says that I don't have front page extensions installed. But I also did it at the same level as the root level as localhost so the files were copied directly to the root on my server. I however still get the BC30002 error that localhost.Convert is not defined.
So in the end, how can I transfer the Web Service that I developed on my computer to online and get it to work?
Thanks for any help.
I faced similar problem few days ago. Your web service is not anymore on "localhost" sou you have to update references to it. Your web service is referenced in 3 locations:
- App_WebReferences folder has subfolder and there is file with extension .discomap;
- App_WebReferences folder has subfolder and there is file with extension .wsdl;
- In your web.config there is key with same name like subfolder in App_WebReferences (if you didn't change anything manually).
In these locations search for localhost. Be careful and do not automatically replace localhost with address of your server (http://www.mydomainname.com). Replace only if you are sure that it is related to address of your service and not to its name.
For example replace it in: <soap:address, <soap12:address in .wsdl; in <DiscoveryClientResult url in .discomap and in webconfig in appropriate key.
Please let me know if this does not help. If this does help, mark this post as answer.
Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again!