Trying to access site via IP. Server Timeout.

I've created a site, and I am able to access it by going to my IP address from any computer on my home network.  When I try to get to it from a computer outside my network, I get a server timeout message.

I'm using:
Windows 7 Beta
IIS 7.5
Linksys WRT54G
Cox Cable
Any help would be appreciated. I feel that I'm almost there, but that some tiny little thing is keeping this from working.
0
CrazyVega

To access from outside your network, you need to use a public ip / an ip that's recognizable from outside your network. Open the command prompt and type:

ping [the ip addess]

(wihout []) and hit enter.

See if the ping is answered. If not, you need to set up your network so that the ip does respond to a ping. It should work then.

All that glitters is gold-
Only shooting stars break the mold.
0
HeartattacK
5/4/2009 2:56:14 AM

Hello,

How you tried to access your site - with internal IP (192.168...) or external one (It will be good to have dedicated IP address)?

You should also check your firewall settings if it allows access to port 80.

To diagnose this problem you could also to write in command prompt - "telnet IPaddress 80".

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
5/4/2009 12:04:35 PM
From inside my network on another computer
Ping statistics for 24.252.xxx.xxx:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)

From outside my network
Request timed out.

I am trying to access it using my external IP address.
For the firewall settings, is it the local port, remote port, or both which should be set to 80?
I tried "telnet 24.252.xxx.xxx 80" and got back: 'telnet' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
0
CrazyVega
5/4/2009 9:45:27 PM

Hello,

It depends, if you have a firewall router you should map 80 port to your internal web server 80 port. Default HTTP port is 80, so you should have access to your web server 80 port.

Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet
5/4/2009 11:43:43 PM
It turns out that everything was set up correctly, technically.

After some more investigation, I found that Cox Cable blocks port 80 unless you pay extra.

I reworked things to use port 8080, and everything works as it should now.

Thank you for trying to help though :)
0
CrazyVega

Remote access to server via ip
I have created a website using 'wordpress' (http://wordpress.org/) and i have used my pc as a server(localhost). I thought that anyone can visit my site with the url of the following format: my_ip/name_of_the_site where my_ip is the ip of my pc that i have used as localhost for my website. But that is not working.So i am wondering if i can enable something like remote access via ip. I have openSuse 12.1 installed! Please help me cause i am a newbie in that stuff. -- magdalini888 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=...

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

Problem with accessing file from server via vb.net application
Hi All, I have a situation like my Application is running on server 2003 ( i.e Server A ) and user has full access to the application. and there is another server or NAS system ( i.e server B) user can access file or folder directly from their system. but when user try to access file and folder via application which in on 'server A' they are unable to acess that. User has full access permission. How to resolve this issue. any help will be very greatfull. Thanks -nelly nelly78:User has full access permission. Which user?  Are you imper...

Redirect 301 when accessing my web server via IP address
Greetings everybody! For some odd reason (it's probably my fault, somehow), Google is indexing pages on my blog via the web server IP address.  This is driving me crazy and I want to stop it.  So, in order to do that, I need to intercept requests for the IP address and do a 301 redirect to the domain name so that Google will stop indexing it.  What would be the easiest way to implement this? How can I globally intercept each and every request to my web application?  I do not want to have to perform this check on every Page_Load because that's not how I roll...

how do i access a site (not all sites) through a proxy server?
this proxy server ( 195.226.230.58 port 80 ) works I tried it in settings and it works there. IT'll probably work for you guys too. You are welcome to try But this URL doesn't work http://195.226.230.58:80/www.google.com in firefox i get an error " Server Error The following error occurred: [code=CANT_CONNECT_LOOPBACK] Cannot connect due to potential loopback problems " But, if I try that URL with internet explorer, I just get a regular "page not found" error. It seems to me that IE doesn't support http proxy chaining or those long URL...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Access Denied while window service in .net trying to create a file on remote server
Hi,              I am facing serious problem while running window service.              My window service is running on remote machine(in the same private network) and I am trying to create a file using window service on my machine. When I am trying to create the file, the path I am giving is \\MyMachine\MyFolder. But, is giving 'Access Denied' exception. I need this asap. Hope I will get the response soon.   Thanks in advance, Kalyan.    &nb...

Trying to get a 2.0 site (with AJAX.NET) working on Server 2000
I recently wrote an application using AJAX.NET (and obvioulsy .NET 2.0).  When I went to publish the site on the server I realized that neither .NET 2.0 or AJAX.NET were installed.   I downloaded both and installed.  Rebooted the server to be sure.   After I created the virtual directory, I went to check the site.  I got a parse error ont he web.config file, immediately I realized that I forgot to set the site to 2.0 from 1.1 (like I do EVERY SINGLE TIME, but that is not here nor there).    The wierd thing is, is that once I switched over to 2.0 when...

Caching Mode Tries to Access PO Via UNC Path, Not IP Address
GW 6.0.2. Client I created this particular user's caching mailbox over a year ago. Somehow, someway now instead of accessing the PO through the IP address, it attempts to use the UNC Path (\\Server\Volume\PO). This works fine in the office, but of course outside the office, it does not. I can't seem to find where/how to force it to look at the IP address. I think if I recreate the caching mailbox, it will behave itself once again, but over 6000 messages means it will take a while. Any thoughts? Brian Tomarchio wrote: > I can't seem to find wh...

i am soon to deploy my first .net 2 web site. what is the best method for me to set up tables on the live server?
i am soon to deploy my first .net 2 web site. what is the best method for me to set up tables on the live server? Create a sql script from the development database and execute this against the live database. Most hosting companies will allow you to do this online or connect your sql client to the database. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helpe...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server
Hi ,My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder ...

custom server control deployed for multiple site on server
Please let me know if this is the wrong spot to be asking this. I'm building a dynamic CMS solution where one set of code will host multiple sites and content will be based on the DB.  Each site will have some specific information for that site and a admin site where they control the content. Very similar to a standard CMS solution.  Where I think this is different is most of the content will be custom server controls that will act like widgets on the site.  Client will be able to place them where they want from the admin and it will save this to the db.  My pr...

Web resources about - Trying to access site via IP. Server Timeout. - asp.net.config-deploy

Mom On Timeout - Delicious recipes, fun crafts, DIY, and more!
Hi there! I'm Trish - the resident "Mom On Timeout". I am a stay-at-home mommy and love spending precious time with my two little boys, Reece ...

Timeout (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... take place, unless another specified event occurs first; in either case, the period is terminated when either event takes place. Note: A timeout ...

Kyrie Irving and coach David Blatt disagree about timeout: Cavaliers at Knicks - YouTube
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving and coach David Blatt disagreed about a late timeout during a game against the New York Knicks.

Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?
Should the NBA reduce the number of timeouts per game?

New Android apps worth downloading: RetailMeNot update, Kiddy Timer Timeout Toothbrush, UNO & Friends ...
Save some money this weekend with the updated coupon app RetailMeNot, which brings you discounts from the stores around you and has added deals ...

Galaxy Button Lights App Finally Lets Galaxy S6 Users Change The Capacitive Button Timeout
In their infinite wisdom, most US carriers opted to remove the Galaxy S6 settings to change the backlight timeout for the capacitive back and ...

NorthWestern Energy calls 'timeout' on controversial MSTI power line
BUTTE — NorthWestern Energy officials have told multiple federal agencies to stop their work on a controversial power line, halting progress ...

Rajon Rondo and Dallas Coach Rick Carlisle Have Heated Exchange During Timeout - Bleacher Report
Dallas Mavericks point guard Rajon Rondo joined the team in mid-December, but it looks like he is already butting heads with his head coach, ...

A timeout from the usual raving about the degenerate Village menagerie, except for a Borowitz Report ...
The House Republican Menagerie gathered behind closed doors today and apparently with a bare minimum of opposition chose Majority Whip Kevin ...

Oakland Mayor Threatens Anarchists With a Timeout
This woman makes David Dinkins look like a pillar of granite when it comes to placating mindless thuggery. Heck, Mikey Bloomberg could give her ...