The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com'

  I'm new on asp.net and facebook.net
I write new application. I tried on local with successfully but upload a web server and I get this error. Please help me. How do upload on my server?

www.2025arena.com/fb

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com'
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +1532269
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.GetQueryResponse(String requestUrl, String postString) +220
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.ExecuteApiCallString(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) +171
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.ExecuteApiCall(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) +43
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.CreateSession() +156
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.CreateSession(String authToken) +38
Facebook.Components.FacebookService.CreateSession(String authToken) +47
Default.PageLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +282
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

thank you

0
alimurat

This error means that the target server was not able to resolve the IP of api.facebook.com.  There are many possible reasons

- The server is not pointing to a proper DNS server
- The server admin decide to block outbound DNS query.

- etc.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

The remote name could not be resolved : 'MySite.com'
 Dear AllI have been using asp.net forums for a long time and I have found solutions every time I had a problem.But this time I couldn't  and Its my first question in this forums.I wish to get the answer.Here is the problem :I have written a web service  and published it in my website.It works fine when I call methods from anywhere but when I call methods from a computer which is located in a local network (Intra net) which has proxy I get the error :system.web.services.soapexception :  server was unable to process the request. ---> system.net.webexception : The re...

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.webservicex.net'
Hi , i gota error weni sued webservice the exception details is given as subject and here a giving the code i hav written i am beginner so pls help me out in this public partial class Weather : System.Web.UI.Page {string City; string Country;StockQuote stock = new StockQuote();  GlobalWeather oObj = new GlobalWeather();   string var;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {       }protected void btnGo_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {  var= stock.GetQuote("GVK");this.Response.Write("myQuote='" + var ...

The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'
Hi ,all i am doing now currency converter ,i got the following error,plz help me. i added Xmethods.net web reference. The remote name could not be resolved: 'services.xmethods.net'Krishnamurthy CConsultant,Holmdel Consulting,krishnamurthy@holmdelconsulting.comwww.holmdelconsulting.com You can’t call a remote webservice directly, this is a security constrain imposed by the browser, check this link for a solution:http://dotnetslackers.com/columns/ajax/MashitUpwithASPNETAJAX.aspxIf this post helped you please remember to set it as Answer so it can help others....

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Problem: The type 'typename' exists in both 'dll-name-1' and 'dll-name-2'
Hi at all!For some strange reason I sometimes (not always) get the following compilation error when starting my ASP.net project:Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ASP.formscontrols_worker_it_ascx' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0....

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Java 'config.alt' or 'alt.config' virus??
Recently opened a 'thread' in a ng and a popup indicated that a 'alt.config' or 'config.alt' virus had been detected (however this warning came not from my Sym A/V but my ISP, attbi.com) I don't recall an Java (or otherwise) virus that can attach like that (in a thread email) nor one called by either such.. ( I don't recall it as I immediately closed out and ran my A/V , no hits) - anyone familiar with something like this occurrence? Thanks! -- Rich "Doc" Colley mailto: pc-dc-doc@attbi.com I did a search on this and it appears to b...

'''

Use 'Credentials' in 'Authentication' in file 'Web.Config'
Why 'LoginUrl' is not recoganized by ASP.NET when I use in authentication mode 'Form'? Before VS.NET in which .NET1.0 is predefined was installed,I had installed .NET1.1 seperatedly. However,the error message indicates configuration error is just from .NET1.0. Therefore,is that 'LoginUrl' only accepted in .NET1.1? 'loginUrl' should work in both versions. Please note the authentication mode should be "Forms", not "Form". What is the error message you are getting? Thanks, Laura.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes,I...

DataBinding: 'System.String' does not contain a property with the name 'Name'.
I keep getting this error "DataBinding: 'System.String' does not contain a property with the name 'Name'." when running the code below. I am trying to bind this to a datagrid. I'm confused as to where System.String comes into this and I can't find a property anywhere that is specified as 'Name' or should be 'Name'. The error occurs on the databind() attempt. Thanks!                  dt = new DataTable();          &nbs...

Thunderbird
Hi, How do I know if a message is 'local' (e.g. you wrote it yourself, so it's in the sent, drafts or concepts folder, or any other folder where you want to store those mails), or if it is 'remote' (e.g. you received it in your inbox). Of course I also want messages you sent to yourself to be recognized as remote. If it's of any matter, my main extension code is called from the messagepane-loaded event. Thanks, Frederik Vanderstraeten Frederik Vanderstraeten schreef: > Hi, > > How do I know if a message is 'local' (e.g. you wrote it yo...

Web resources about - The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com' - asp.net.config-deploy