Share source code in two projects (.NET 1.1 & 2.0)

Hi, I need to manage class libraries (C# and VB.NET) for framework 1.1 and 2.0. I want to share source code to avoid duplicate file. I try the following solutions :

1- Create a two project's files in same directory

2- Create projects files in separate directory (\V2 for example)

Solution 1 : conflit between the obj and bin directory if the 1.1 and 2.0 visual studio solution have been opened. Even if I configured final dll path (\bin2 for example), obj directory has to be removed to compile code on the 1.1 solution.

Solution 2 : file are automaticaly copied in the new project directory (code duplicate)

Thanks by advance for your help.

0
ClementM

When you add an existing item to a project, instead of "adding" the item, you can select "Add as link" and you will have just one copy of the file.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9f4t9t92(printer).aspx

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens

Session Sharing Between .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0
I want to share session between two .net application depolyed on one server side by side. I have created one application in asp.net 1.0 and other in Asp.net 2.0. Plzzz Help Me Out Give me Some Link So I Can Get Some Knowledge Or Show me Some Sample Application Thanks....  Two different applications cannot share session state between them, regardless of the ASP.NET version.You can share cookies check http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/12/10/432851.aspx Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRememb...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

Problem with Project Migrating from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi i am working in .net 1.1 and i am working on a web service. it 's working fine in .net 1.1 with vs2003 but when i migrated my WS from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 i am getting System.FormatException while converting datetime from string using DateTime.Parse method. it was not happening earlier when i was using .net 1.1. My WS converted from vs2003 to vs2005 using a wizard and it doesn's shows a single error.   i did lots of googling on this issue but didnot gets any help , so any reply in the matter will be highly appericiable.  thanks vishal sharma vishalsharma808...

Making a .NET 1.1 Web Project .NET 2.0 enabled
We were able to use such things as  below in the InstantASP forum source code.  I'm trying to do the same with Presstopia but it errors out when putting the below in their web.config. <machineKey validationKey="..." decryptionKey="..." validation="SHA1" decryption="3DES" />So what did InstantASP have to do to make their 1.1 code able to use machinekey then if it's not a .NET 2.0 application?  I want to do the same for Presstopia.   I figure there are general things you can do to allow a 1.1 app to make it able to ...

Conversion of code from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 posing a problem
Originally Posted by Akshay_Jadhav on the Microsoft Interoperability - Technical Interoperability Scenarios forumHI,I have converted .net 1.1 code to .net 2.0 using .net wizard. i have radiobutton whose checked property is set to false on page load, on clicking of a button on that page checked property of radiobutton is set to true and a dropdownlist is enabled. when i select some value in dropdownlist the page is posted back and checked property of radiobutton is again set to false(automatically) which is wrong, it should be true. Same code is working fine in .net 1.1,when i select som...

Sharing cookie between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 web app
I have two servers A and B.  A hosts .NET 1.1 web apps, while B hosts .NET 2.0 web apps.  I have a common login page written in .NET 2.0 (thus it's on server B).  In order to share the cookie, I set the machine key attributes (validation and encryption) of all apps to the same keys, and set all .NET 2.0 web apps to use decryption="3DES".  But for some reasons, my .NET 1.1 still cannot read the cookie generated by the .NET 2.0 login page.  Anyone has similar problem before?  Am I missing anything? Thanks. WenWen I am afraid you can only share t...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

what are the dataset features of 2.0 as compared with ado.net 1.1 & 1.0
 Hi,What are the dataset features of ado.net 2.0 as compared with ado.net 1.1 & 1.0.I need in-depth knowledgeplease give perfect solution. Friend, here are the new features of the Dataset in the 2.0 http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/amit_agrl/DataSetFeature.doc08222005024247AM/DataSetFeature.doc.aspx http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050302.htm   Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. sankar.nvss :What are the dataset features of ado.net ...

Any advantages of migrating to .NET 2.0 on still using .NET 1.1 projects?
Sorry for the noob Q - but will I get any advantages in installing .NET 2.0 Framework alongside .NET 1.1 if I dont plan to upgrade my ASP .NET 1.1 web applications?I have a few servers that I will be installing the .NET 2.0 Framework so as to develop in VS2005, however on some servers that will not (at this stage) be used for .NET 2.0 apps and that I may not have the time to convert some VS2003 applications to VS2005, I was in the 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' kind of thinking and didn't know if installing .NET 2.0 would bring any advantages.TIA.  I happen to agree. If you don't nee...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

Web resources about - Share source code in two projects (.NET 1.1 & 2.0) - asp.net.config-deploy

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Cisco appoints new country transformation project manager
Arab News Cisco appoints new country transformation project manager Arab News Cisco has appointed Reema Al-Harbi as country transformation ...

Will next BMW Project i car be an i6?
Filed under: Green , Rumormill , BMW , Electric BMW's next i Project EV could be an i6, which would be a plug-in vehicle about the size of a ...

2016 Scrapbooking with the Project Life App
... year has flown by, I'm glad to get started on a new year! This is be my fourth year scrapbooking, four! That is crazy to me. I started Project ...

Weekend Reading: D-Squared Digest: One-Minute MBA: Avoiding Projects Pursued By Morons 101
**Daniel Davies**: [The D-Squared Digest One Minute MBA: Avoiding Projects Pursued By Morons 101](http://blog.danieldavies.com/2004_05_23_d- ...

4 simple winter home projects that can save you money
Here's a look at some great DIY projects that can improve your living situation and save you some serious dough

180 MW Of Renewable Energy Projects In Pipeline In Jordan
Work on solar and wind energy projects in Jordan is likely to pick up swiftly in 2016 for companies that were awarded in projects in the recent ...

Becoming certified in project management will upgrade any resume
If you want to work in an organization of any size, becoming fluent in project management is one of the most marketable skills you can acquire, ...