Server Error-Runtime Error

I cannot fix this error message, even though I tried to do what it told me! I am new at asp.net and at programming, so it must be something small and easy? Thanks.

Server Error in '/CORES' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

I added this to the web.config file on my project and then saved it on to the webserver. What Am I Doing Wrong?!!!

<system.web>
<pages>

<controls>
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit"/>
</controls>

</pages>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

0
dotnetjunkie17

There is an error on the web.config tha does not get to the <customErrors mode="Off"/>

Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
5/24/2007 7:28:15 PM

Also, I may have to post this separately, but why is it that when I work on another machine with asp.net, it gives me about 30 error messages on the error log, when it is completely fine on the initial machine I started my project on...help?

0
dotnetjunkie17
5/24/2007 7:58:54 PM

HI, dotnetjunkie17 :

What is the error massage on the error log?

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Server Error / Runtime Error
Error Message Start -------------------------------- Server Error in '/test' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please cr...

Help with this error Smtp error has anyone come across this before:- System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 501 Syntax error in p
Hi i,ve made a function that that accepts a users email and checks it in a db using a sp. It returns true and sends a mail if the user exists or false if they dont. I have tested it. And all the values seem to be ok and it is working fine uptil when I get to the SmtpMail object. I am using my remote webservers incoming mail address eg SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.demo.co.uk" and then SmtpMail.Send(SendDetails) When i run the page and enter an email I get the following error. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected the sender...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

Server Error: HTTP Error 500.19
I got the following error while trying to make a test WCF project on VistaServer Error HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server ErrorDescription: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Error Code: 0x80070005 Notification: BeginRequest Module: IIS Web Core Requested URL: http://localhost:80/ProductsService/ProductsService.svc Physical Path: C:\Test\ProductsService\ProductsService\ProductsService.svc Logon User: Not yet determined Logon Method: Not yet determined Handler: Not yet determined Config Error: Cannot read configura...

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.Net.WebServiceFailedException: The server method 'UpdatePassword' failed with the following error: System.InvalidOperationException-- Cannot convert null to a valu
I am using this code to update password on a click event of a html button using AJAX and I am getting an error If I try to debug my Javascript. Error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.Net.WebServiceFailedException: The server method 'UpdatePassword' failed with the following error: System.InvalidOperationException-- Cannot convert null to a value type. OR  If I dont debug Javascript and click the button, then it says that 'Dont but with error' on the bottom of the page and It does not update the password in the database. ASP.Net Code: <asp:ScriptManager I...

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
I have written a web service and tested it and it works fine from the .asmx test page. However, when I attempt to call it with a post I get this error:  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.Source Error: Line 164: myStream.Close() ...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Web Service Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi i am getting an error when trying a simple web service. if i run both the web service and the client .aspx page on the same server it works fine, But when i put it on a different server it doesnt work at all and gives me this error"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HttpUtils.HttpPost(String URI, String Parameters) in e:\Websites\C#\Live\CMS\Trunk\App_Code\siteFunctions\HttpUtils.cs:line 35"UserApi.asmx  [WebMethod] public string HelloName(string name) { ...

Runtime Error
Hi,I am working on this website, shared hosting account with godaddy.com. None of the aspx pages are working. It was working fine until yesterday. First I thought it must be some syntax error in web.config file, but everything looked fine. I then replaced it with a brand new bare bones web.config file. It is still not working. I changed the customerrors mode to off, it displays the same error. If its not the web.config file, can any one tell me what else could be causing this problem? Even dummy .aspx pages with nothing inside it will not work. Godaddy customer support sucks, they k...

Web resources about - Server Error-Runtime Error - asp.net.config-deploy

Runtime error reporting · Issue #1329 · google/traceur-compiler · GitHub
traceur-compiler - Traceur is a JavaScript.next-to-JavaScript-of-today compiler

How to fix Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak runtime errors on Windows
Comprehensive guide to fix Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak runtime errors on Windows using simple steps.