Server error running asp.net 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'

.

0
ds12will

can anyone help?

0
ds12will
10/28/2008 12:52:07 PM

First, is this ASP.NET or ASP Classic, there is a difference and ASP.NET wouldn't normally use the IWAM account.  The answer to your issue is usually this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276407

Jeff

jeff
10/28/2008 1:06:54 PM

this is ASP.Net, trying to create projects in VS 2003.  I recieve that error.

0
ds12will
10/28/2008 3:50:01 PM

PLEASE HELP VS is uesless to me unless I get this issue fixed!!

0
ds12will

It seems that there are two versions of ASP.NET to run in the same application pool.

If so, you can try the follows:

Restart the IIS before you create a new ASP.NET 1.1 application. At the command prompt, type the following command:
iisreset

-or-

Create an ASP.NET application in a separate application pool. Create the script-mapped application (ASP.NET 1.0) in a separate application pool -- for example, in the ScriptMapappPool application pool. Then, create a new ASP.NET 1.1 application in an application pool other than ScriptMapappPool.

For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/822319

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support