Server Error in '/Webapp' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

 10 minutes ago, my web app worked fine.  Now it appears broken and I hadn't touched the web.config file.  Anyone know what might be going on here?  I checked my web server's .NET folder (C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727) and there is indeed a system.data.dll file...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Data' could not be loaded.

http://www.nerdnology.com
0
corbybender

What it looks like is happening is your application is 32-bit but it is trying to load a 64-bit DLL, or your application is 64-bit but it is trying to load a 32-bit DLL.

Did you reconfigure your IIS application pool to run or not run in WoW? Did you add a processor target to your project?

Cheers,
       Kevin Jones

0
vcsjones
10/23/2008 5:22:16 PM

It's a 64-bit server, but all of my applications on the server were built in asp.net, 2.0 framework, and all of them run fine.  It's just the one I am working with today, an Ajax enabled site, that is throwing the error.  To my knowledge nothing in IIS has changed.  We have one application pool and everythying is 2.0 framework.  I checked the virtual directory to ensure the application pool there, the site is running as an application, and that the framework is 2.0 (all true).  There is a system.data.dll in the \Bin folder of my web app and there is also one located at the location mentioned above ( C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727 ).

 All projects previous to this one I have simply built pages and then published pages to the web server with a copy (sort of like an ftp transfer window).  The structure for this site was created with codesmith and nettiers and it changed the way I publish this site.  Now I "build" the site and then "Publish" the site.  Could this be why there is a \bin with all the .dlls, whereas my other websites don't have all the .dlls in the build directory?

Either way, I guess, I am not entirely sure I answered your question in a way that might lead to a solution...please advise...I'll watching this thread all day. Thank you for your time.

-Corby-

http://www.nerdnology.com
0
corbybender
10/23/2008 5:31:10 PM

 OK, weirdest thing ever....here's what I did to fix it.  I went to

C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework64\v2.0.50727

 Copied the system.web.dll and the system.data.dll.

 I then pasted these two files over the top of the ones that were in my \bin folder in my project on the web server.  POW..it's working again.

No idea what happened, how it happened, why it happened...but sure glad I fixed it.

Thanks everyone!  Hope this helps someone else some day.

-Corby-

http://www.nerdnology.com
0
corbybender

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Code' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Hi everyone, I've been having a problem with the .NET application I'm working on ever since I started working on it last April.  My development computer runs Windows XP Pro 2003 64-bit Edition.  All of the projects in my solution are set to compile with the "Any CPU" mode.  I can run the application just fine in debug and release modes, but I've tried and tried to make it work when I publish it in inetpub/wwwroot and it just won't work.  I always get the following error :   Server Error in '/Requisitions' Application. ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Hello Experts, I have a ASP.net 2.0 application developed in Visual Studio.net 2005 which was working like a charm. Now I opened the solution in VS.net 2008 and though it is building successfully, when I try to browse it I am getting this error Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. First of all working in Vista is a big pain with all the crappy stuff we need to do for every small thing. I would really appreciate your help on this guys. ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies
Hopefully I got the right forum here.  I've converted a web application from ASP.NET 2.0 in VS 2005 to ASP.NET 3.5 in VS 2008. When I run the site from within VS everything works fine. When I deploy it to my local IIS 7 server I get the following error. Server Error in '/PrzemekLach' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I am getting an error and I opened a post in the wrong area.  It seems more fitting here. http://forums.asp.net/t/1269455.aspx Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after u...

Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Firstly, I did read many post reagrding this error in the forum and on google.  Yet, I could not find one that matched my particualr situation. I am getting the error: Parser Error: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. I am using version 1 of the Ajax Extensions with VS 2005.  The website project works perfectly on my local machine.  However, after uploading it to my shared hosting account (Webhost4life).  I get the error above.  The hosting claims they have AJAX installe...

''''''''''''''''''''

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi,  I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. And one of my aspx was using 2 of the ajaxtoolkit namely the ModalPopupExtender and RoundedCornersExtender. But why is it that when I will access the page from the web server the error below will display on the page. It's really frustrating because there's no problem when running locally in my machine thru Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I hope you could help me figuring the problem. Thanks Error message:  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An e...

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Trying to run the samples and this is the error I get.  After looking around I see others have gotten this error but with the beta versions.  My install is not a beta release and I have not had any of the betas installed.  Any ideas? I would look to your web config file or possibly your machine config file.   Im betting you somehow got some old beta settings in it.  possibly do a search for Microsoft.Web.Preview in your entire solution. AjaxButter The other thing i just noticed is you said you were running the samples. Im betting your usin...

IIS + .NET 3.5 Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 Ok folks I need some help here. I have MS Server 2003 with IIS installed. Frameworks 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 installed. The server has VS 2008 Web Developer installed because I am developing on it remotely. When I run the web site from inside VS everything is fine. I created a new website in IIS (named Intranet) and set it to run on Framework 2.0 and set the path to the root folder of the site (D:\Intranet). I also confirmed that VS was building for framework 3.5. When I open Internet Explorer on the server and go to http://localhost/Intranet I get the following error: "Could not ...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hi all,I have a not so nice error that I can't solve. I use asp .net 2.0 and Atlas. The site works in dev but not on my server... I hope someone can help me out. RegardsStijnParser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Atlas' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 1: <...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

'''''

coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi
I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista). The problematics machines has these components installed: 1.Net framework 3.5 sp1 2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp 3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1 It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP. I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed. Here is my web.config ...

Web resources about - Server Error in '/Webapp' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. - asp.net.config-deploy