Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message

I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?

Here is the message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'QTAR._default'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="QTAR._default" %>
Line 2:  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
Line 3:  <HTML>

Source File: D:\Web Applications\qtarapp\Default.aspx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

0
brgdotnet

Hi There

The namespace looks as thouigh it is QTAR is this correct ?

I would think that if you deleted this page re-added it and then copied then content back in , reploy it the problem will not occur.

 Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Gregor

Gregor Suttie
MCSD, MCAD, MCSD.Net
0
gsuttie2002
10/31/2006 8:36:21 PM

Basically this error message was too general for me to sink my teeth into the problem. I later discovered that this was a SQL Server database permissions problem. Thanks for the help.

Bill

0
brgdotnet

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Deployment error(Server Error in '/' Application.)
i have deployed website it giving following error. i have already set  mode ="off",but html pages are working fine  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to b...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Howto fix error message: Server Error in '/' Application
Hello, I have installed IBuySpy Portal but am having a problem when accessing from IE. The error message is: Server Error in '/' Application. Does anyone know what the problem maybe? IIS error log shows the following: 2003-08-15 14:54:59 10.1.1.2 - 10.1.1.6 80 GET /Default.aspx - 500 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322) What may be wrong? Thanks, Ann To find out what the error is you can do two things. 1. As a rule I always do this Go to IE > Tools > Internet Options Advanced Tab Then uncheck the "Sho...

Server Error in '/' Application troubleshooting Help needed
I get the error below when I load my code to my Server. How do I go about fixing this problem please????       Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please ...

Server Error in '/' Application Please Need Help
Dir All I make a web site have a DevExpress Tools and  its work nice in my Pc but when i Publish it to the webhost there is an error Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.v8.1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.<%@ Register Assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.v8.1" I see many soluotion from DevExpress  but still same error on of this : 1) remove <add assembly="DevExpress.Web.ASPxEditors.v8.1"> from web.config 2) Delete  Version, Culture , PublicKeyToken from <%@ Register ...

Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi everyone I've just uploaded DNN2 final release to a web host for the first time. The host was very accommodating, gave full permissions etc. When i try to open it in a browser i got this error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers ...

Help!!! I have errors "Compiler Error Message: BC30389: 'C' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'."
Hi guys! Pls. help me with this one. I know this is very simple and easy for you. i'm just stuck in here for almost two days. I just can't solve this error. Pls reply. Tnx! =) Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. hi guys! i'm new in using Crystal Report .Net and I jus...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

Error: Server Error in '/' Application. The "web.config" file is attached for your reference.
Dear All, I receive the following error & the web.config file is copied below for your reference. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } ...

Strange Server Error in '/' Application error
Hi ! Just updated to 3.1.1 without any errors.All the websites are running just fine except for one. It says: "Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag with...

Server Error in '/' Application.- Runtime Error
************* Edited by moderator Adec *************** Inserted missing < code></ code> tags. Always include such tags when including code in your postings. Many readers disregard postings without the code tags. ************************************************** hi, i have some problem on asp.net, i would be very happy if somone can give me a hand here. i am traing to set up a page wich will access to the datsbase and shwo me some information . i get an erorr on the page : http://www.accounting.ws-solutions.org/index1.aspx the code is : <%@ Pa...

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime error
I always get this error : "Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime error" when i want to launch my site, its online, and when i want to debug it localy it works fine, but only when i put it online I get that error...   Can somebody help me?  you need to set custom errors to "off" in your web.config so you can see the real problem (exception details) on the remote machine:<customErrors mode="Off" />Mike BellMy Code Blog Mike Bell:  you need to set custom errors to "off" in your web.config so you can see the real pr...

Web resources about - Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message - asp.net.config-deploy

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...