precompiled 3.0 wcf service has references to .net 3.5

after I installed .net 3.5 my existing web site with a wcf serivce has references to the 3.5 versions of System.WorkflowService and System.ServiceModel.Web. They are inserted in the .svc.compiled file when precompiled non updateable. I found them in the customString attribute in the preserve tag.

Even when I precompile with VS 2005 and deploy it to any system without .net 3.5 it doesn't work (the assemblies couldn't be found...). I found out that the framework (2.0) web.config is modified after 3.5 installation. There are 2 assembly references (the two above) and a build provider (.xoml) that refreneces 3.5.

At the moment I use a workaround and remove these things in web.config of all 3.0 web sites. Is there another way to precompile a non updateable wcf service for .net 3.0 after installing 3.5?

0
Stefan

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: Tony Email: Accuscopeathotmaildotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Proplem with..Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: I have used Firefox for many years but I am not happy with latest version. You can set options such as home page and security and privacy settings but as soon as you close the browser and re start it remembers none of the settings??? Very frustrating! I have re-installed several times and rebooted every time but it always goes back to a default page as though I had just do...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Upgraded to VS2008 & .NET 3.5 ... 3.0 Web services no longer working
Hi guys. We've just upgraded to to VS2008 and .NET 3.5 and found that 3.0 web services that where running on the machine we did the install on are no longer working or showing up as web services during discovery. Are there any common causes for this? Thanks. ...

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

Moving to .net 3.0/3.5
Hi, We are using ASP.NET 2.0 and .net 2.0 and we are planning to upgrade our application to .net 3.0/3.5(silverlight)Can any one suggest me the costs,advantages,disadvantages,issues and things to be considered when moving from .net 2.0 to 3.0 or 3.5.?  Thank You Briefly... The core .NET Framework run time in 3.0/3.5 is the same as .NET 2.0.  However, w/.NET 3.0/3.5 you have everything available at your finger tips for Silverlight, Workflow, AJAX, LINQ, etc.To take advantage of the new features in .NET 3.5 all you need to do is set to compile the run time to .NET 3.5 i...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

.Net Framework 2.0 3.0 and now 3.5...can I remove some?
 Hi ASP.net I've been installing the Express editions and following the recommendations to install the latest .Net Frameworks...however I now have 4 of them and there not exactly light. Do I need ot keep all of them or can some be removed bevause the later version make them redundant.I ask because I am trying to clean up my machine and get some space back...but if it's not advisable then I can live with the weight.Many thanksMike.  ThanksMike (the beginner)  I think you 'd better not uninstall them and If you have to you make access to microsoft msdn to get ...

Web resources about - precompiled 3.0 wcf service has references to .net 3.5 - asp.net.config-deploy

Portage (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Portage is a package management system used by Gentoo Linux , based on the concept of ports collections . Gentoo is sometimes referred to as ...

Apache Tomcat/5.5.25
If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations! As you may have guessed by now, this ...

Tigraine
Daniel Hoelbling talks about programming Home Articles About me Articles Over the years I accumulated a number of (at least sometimes) useful ...

Welcome to the ‘Practical Compressor Test’. Unlike some other compressor comparison sites, I won’t be looking for a compressor offering for the ...

[SH11] db - Green Grappler
We use precompiled headers, and the header is called Precompiled.hpp. However, we do not include it in the source, we instead relay on the fact ...

ActivePerl is Perl for Windows, Mac, Linux, AIX, HP-UX & Solaris - ActiveState
... Perl distribution available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX. ActivePerl Business and Enterprise Editions feature our precompiled, ...

Suspicions aroused as exploit for critical Windows bug is leaked
... on the 'Net, prompting the researcher who discovered it to say it was leaked by the software maker or one of its trusted partners. The precompiled ...

Original BRAD BLOG "WHISTLEBLOWER AFFIDAVIT" Story
This is a copy of the original story that I posted on The BRAD BLOG yesterday in this affair. The story that has made it impossible to get to ...

Simulated PS2 Controller for Autonomously playing Guitar Hero
It's been a long while since I've posted a personal procrastineering project. The past two and half years have been pretty heads down with developing ...

Managed FocusApp
This console application is an extended managed version of Microsoft&#39;s FocusApp, included within the Windows Mobile 6 SDK.