Personal Web Site Starter Kit (Visual Studio 2005) default document question

Hi,

I'm using VS 2005's Personal Web Site Starter Kit to start a new web site. Once I clicked ok to create the web site by the starter kit and got SQL Server 2005 installed, I pressed Ctl + F5. I was abled to see the web site right away. The default document is Default.aspx.

I would like to add a new home page to the website, so I was trying to change the default document to be another .aspx file. However, as there is no IIS virtual path set to it, I am not sure how to change the default document.

Could anyone give me some help? Thanks.

0
illbemissingu

Based on your description, I think you want to set another .aspx page as default page when you try to run your website, right?

If so, we can set the page that we want to run firstly as Start Page by right clicking that page and selecting "Set As Start Page" in Visual Studio.

If we deploy it on IIS, we can add that page name to Default Document list (enter website properties window in IIS and click Documents tab, and then click Add button to add it).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Publishing "Personal Web Site Starter Kit", Visual Web Developer 2005 on IIS 5.1 in Windows XP 2002 sp2
Dear IIS GurusI am trying to publish the "Personal Web Site Starter Kit" provided as an example with "Visual Web Developer 2005"  as a Virtual Directory on IIS 5.1. I host IIS 5.1 on my development mashine running Windows XP professional 2002 with service pack 2.On browsing the virtual directory I get the following error message: "Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing th...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Help -- Unable to process Personal Web Site Starter Kit code -- VS Web Developer 2005
I originally sent this as "Error in Website1 Application" ... resending to hopefully get some help, or a suggestion of whom to turn to next (in MS or outside) ORIGINAL: I am running VS 2005, XP Pro, without SQL Server.  I opened the 'Create A Personal Web Site' ... everything appears okay, with a clean compile reported ... Ctrl F5 or F5 both result in a Server Error.  When I do a simple page without a database call, all is well ... I haven't reconfigured anything ... any suggestions on how I can determine what is wrong?  This is the first line of the error: ...

Deploying the Personal Web Site Starter Kit
Help... Here is my delima. I created my site using Web Developer 2005 extending the started kit as laid out in the white paper. I signed up with godaddy.com as a host, followed all of their directions, and now I cannot log onto my site. I set up the sql database as instructed by godaddy and cannot import my user information into the remote database on godaddy. I was able to import the information for the SiteContent, but not the administration functions. And I cannot find anyway of accessing the information. Thanks, Larry Just in case any one falls into the same trap I did, here is the ...

question about Extending the Personal Web Site Starter Kit
I had extended my PWS by http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/extendpws.asp.When I test the content.aspx, it can't update the content.I revised :             <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Personal %>"                ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Personal.ProviderName %>"            &...

How to implement Club Web Site Starter kit into Visual Studio?
 Hi!I'm a beginner learning Visual Studio in my college. I've finally found the kind of event calendar to be used for my project. However, I'm not sure how to integrate this into Visual Studio so that when I run it (F5), I'm able to see the event calendar in the preview. Please guide me on this. I'm greatly appreciate your help, Thanks.  Thanks!The value of Achievement lies in the act of achieving. If you do not plan to use it whithin the Club Starter kit. 1. Place the DLL in the bin folder of the project. 2. run the club_add.sql on your database(this a...

Personal web site starter Kit Frame problem Question ??????
I have installed Personal web site starter kit, no problem so far, but whne I launch  http://localhost:132/WebSite1/default.aspxthe frame on bough right and left are blank  where in the application can I  either put some information on these area or expend the content area so the blank from left and right will not be there.Thanks...

Personal Web Site Starter Kit with SQL 2005 already installed
When I installed Visual Studio 2005 I elected not to install SQL Express because I already had SQL 2005 installed. I just tried running the Personal Web Site Starter kit not knowing it's dependent on SQL Express and got errors generated from web.config. I'm inclined now to delete the "personal web" and start over but my question is...is there a way to configure this starter kit so that it sets up and points to the personal.mdf and aspnetdb.mdf db's in SQL 2005 ? I did see part of this issue addresed in another post but not with a clear answer.   Thanks...

Question about using MS Web Deployment Projects with Visual Studio 2005
Hello,I am using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Studio 2005 to compile my asp.net 2.0 application to a single DLL file. The problem I have noticed that the App_Theme folder of the final build  under the web application release folder missed the skin file. I suspect that the skin file has been built inside the single DLL. For changing the skin easily, I prefer to exclude the skin file from the DLL. So I can change the skin without touching the DLL. Is any way that I can build the single DLL but without the skin file?Here is the Deployment Project URL.http://msdn.micro...

Web resources about - Personal Web Site Starter Kit (Visual Studio 2005) default document question - asp.net.config-deploy

Personal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Personal (company) , a Washington, D.C.-based tech startup Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Personal Branding Blog - Dan Schawbel
The Personal Branding Blog offers branding and career advice from Dan Schawbel and his team of experts.

Canberra psychology clinic accidentally reveals clients' personal details in email
A Canberra psychology clinic has apologised after it accidentally shared personal details of hundreds of patients in a group email.

How to boost your personal finances and wealth
INTEREST rates paid on savings accounts are at record lows and don’t look like heading higher any time soon.

Personal trainers 'not consulted' before Subiaco council outdoor fitness ban
A Subiaco personal trainer claims she was not consulted by the local council before it introduced a new policy that bans outdoor personal training ...

Personal Graffiti For Your Home: SprayPrinter Launches On Indiegogo
Tartu-based SprayPrinter launched on Monday crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo , seeking to raise 20,000 euros. SprayPrinter has come out with ...

"Some voters see a guy who is fighting for the things they care about, at great personal risk to his ...
"That’s probably why people go nuts at Trump events. They perceive charisma, and they see it operating on their behalf. But if you don’t see ...

Exclusive: Getting up close and personal with Natal
Microsoft hasn't said much about its motion-sensing technology since E3, but CNET News' Ina Fried got a chance to check in on the development ...

Cruz: No 'Personal Responsibility' For His Own Insurance
... — Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) January 21, 2016 Somebody needs to pull Ted Cruz aside and talk to him about representing the Party of Personal ...

Rep. Schweikert Introduces D.C. Personal Protection Reciprocity Act
DC is gun free for law abiding individuals - but that could change with some support