Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server

Hi people,

I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them.

Looks like only two options I can use:

1) XCOPY

2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008.

Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems.

Thank you.

0
raj3109

use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you can search and download the FTP software from web or use visualstudio's built-in ftp.

 login into your account from ftp and upload your files. and test.

0
raju
11/10/2008 6:12:26 AM
 Thanks raju for the info.

It is deployed in an intranet server. It is not necessary to FTP.

0
raj3109

When we want to deploy a website to server, we can precompile this website or xcopy the website files to the virtual directory on IIS, and then configure it, such as ASP.NET version etc.

For more information, see Deploying ASP.NET Applications (http://aspalliance.com/1464_Deploying_ASPNET_Applications.all).

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

Problem deploying web service to web server
This is my first time developing and deploying web service and I think my problem should have a very simple solution I just never went through this path before.   Here is what I am doing. I have my .net web site pushed up to the web server which web site houses my xml web service. I have a flash/flex component which is suppose to communicate with my web service. This my architecture.Now back to my issues.   Do I need to add service reference/web reference to my web site solution that will expose my web service and how to do that?   I added a service reference just to s...

Web.Config error when deploying a web service
I have been building a simple distributed app with a web service and have had it working perfectly on my test setup (My WinXP Pro as the client, SmallBusinessServer 2k3 / IIS 6 / .Net Framework 1.1). When deploying the web service to our production server (Small Business Server again, identical setup, I believe) using VS.net 2003 and a simple copy project deployment I receive the following error. Can anyone help ? Error code as follows: Server Error in '/DimEX' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error ...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

Web Deployment and Web Services
I was looking at the Web Deployment application and as much info as I could find here on the site.  Searching for "web services" turned up nothing in this forum though. I see it is possible so that the web.config can be edited and copied differently using the Web Deployment, but I was curious if there is a way to update web service references? Using it on development I point it to a sample web services that work with a test database, and when I push to live, I would like to have it correctly point to web services on the production web server that point to the live database.  Is i...

web web web

Deploying Web App > web.config hell ?
Hello, for the last 8 hours or so I'm trying to deploy one of my personal apps on a hosted server. I've asked the host to set the folder both as a virtual directory and as a web application. Both is done and confirmed. Now I've uploaded the application (compiled using the Project Copy in VS.NET) including the bin folder. Whenever I access the app I get this error: http://www.europeum.net/dev/MMSNET/admin/index.aspx The web.config file looks like this (standard): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <system....

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Easy Deployment of web app and additional web services
I have a Visual Studio 2005 Solution of 5 projects: of which one is a is a web application, two are dlls, two are web services. As far as I am aware, the web services will not be reused by other developers. What is the best way to deploy my solution? I would prefer if all were deployable from a single project, installable by clicking on a setup executable program. What would you recommend? Please help, urgently, Mr Platypus.. try Web Deployment SetUp Project .. this is just what you want.. as you can create win application like SetUp Executable Program...Visual St...

Web resources about - Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server - asp.net.config-deploy

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...