Need help with deployment

I been looking at this now for 5 days and its driving me nuts and i need some help.

I have uploaded mysite to a test server which is some free hosting from http://aspdotnet.sk/ in the admin area of aspdotnet.sk there is a Database - Connection String Generator which gives me the connection string to add in to my web config for the database connection i have added that string into my web config on a test page and it works

http://marker.qsh.eu/Default12.aspx

But when i try it on any other of my connection strings i keep getting server Error in '/' Application what am i missing as all i same to be doing is going around and around and getting no were fast.

Website Url http://marker.qsh.eu/

Web config

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
  <add name="DatabaseConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_51e3e2d2-ae18-49cb-bdb8-ed9aebf275c7;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:DatabaseConnectionString.ProviderName" />
  <add name="DatabaseConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_51e3e2d2-ae18-49cb-bdb8-ed9aebf275c7;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:DatabaseConnectionString1.ProviderName" />
  <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_499cbceb-e023-434c-905f-1890500bcf2c;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|ASPNETDB.MDF"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString.ProviderName" />
  <add name="ConnectionString2" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_7d90c3e5-3034-4bcb-9a05-4a84c30c8bba;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|markers.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString2.ProviderName" />
  <add name="ConnectionString3" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_6b71986a-0b87-4179-bac5-4db3ed569ade;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|news.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString3.ProviderName" />
  <add name="ConnectionString4" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_d2e715da-741a-41b3-b1d4-242cbcdf9888;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|messages.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString4.ProviderName" />
  <add name="markersConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_7d90c3e5-3034-4bcb-9a05-4a84c30c8bba;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|markers.mdf"
   providerName="ConnectionStrings:markersConnectionString1.ProviderName" />
    <add name="namesConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;Database=marker.qsh.eu_e4b4f765-e5f7-4910-8117-f5822aa578c3;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|names.mdf" />
  </connectionStrings>
<system.web>

<trace localOnly="false" mostRecent="true"/>
<roleManager enabled="true"/>
<pages>
<namespaces>
<clear/>
<add namespace="System"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
<add namespace="System.Text"/>
<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
<add namespace="System.Web"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
</namespaces>
</pages>

<authentication mode="Forms" />
<anonymousIdentification enabled="true"/>
<profile>
<properties>
<add name="Userloginname" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="FullName" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="Address" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="Address2" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="City" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="County" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="Country" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="postzip" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="EmailAddress" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
<add name="Telephonenumber" defaultValue="" allowAnonymous="true"/>
</properties>
</profile>

  </system.web>
</configuration>

This is the code from the stolen marker page  http://marker.qsh.eu/stolen.aspx

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="stolen.aspx.vb" Inherits="stolen" title="Stolen markers" %>
<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
                 <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageAlign="Middle" ImageUrl="~/images/stolenmarkers.gif" /></td>
                    <asp:Image ID="Image3" runat="server" ImageAlign="Middle" ImageUrl="~/images/smallbutton.gif" />
                    To bring up more information on a Stolen Marker click
                    on the Select link and this will give you a description, colour and who to contact

                <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AutoGenerateSelectButton="True"
                    DataKeyNames="markerid" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width="744px" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="10pt" ForeColor="#00FF33">
                    <Columns>
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="snumber" HeaderText="Serial No" SortExpression="snumber" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="type" HeaderText="Marker Type" SortExpression="type" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="date" HeaderText="Date" SortExpression="date" />
                    </Columns>
                </asp:GridView>
                   <asp:DetailsView ID="DetailsView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateRows="False"
                    DataKeyNames="markerid" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" Height="50px" Width="742px" Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="11pt" ForeColor="#00FF33" CellPadding="8">
                    <Fields>
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="type" HeaderText="Mark Type" SortExpression="type" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="snumber" HeaderText="Serial No" SortExpression="snumber" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="colour" HeaderText="Colour" SortExpression="colour" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="description" HeaderText="Description" SortExpression="description" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="email" HeaderText="Contact Email" SortExpression="email" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="stolen" HeaderText="Stolen" SortExpression="stolen" />
                        <asp:BoundField DataField="date" HeaderText="Date" SortExpression="date" />
                    </Fields>
                </asp:DetailsView>
                <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource2" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString2 %>"
                    SelectCommand="SELECT [markerid], Email, [type], [snumber], [description], [colour], [stolen], [date], [Info] FROM [Table3] WHERE ([markerid] = @markerid)">
                    <SelectParameters>
                        <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="GridView1" Name="markerid" PropertyName="SelectedValue"
                            Type="String" />
                    </SelectParameters>
                </asp:SqlDataSource>
                <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString2 %>"
                    SelectCommand="SELECT [markerid], Email, [type], [snumber], [description], [Info], [stolen], [date] FROM [Table3] WHERE ([stolen] = @stolen)">
                    <SelectParameters>
                        <asp:QueryStringParameter DefaultValue="yes" Name="stolen" QueryStringField="stolen"
                            Type="String" />
                    </SelectParameters>
                </asp:SqlDataSource>
</asp:Content>
 Any help on this would be a great help as nothing on the site using a connection strings  is working apart for the test page   Confused
0
bulgy

How about posting the full error?

Jeff

jeff
7/31/2006 3:44:45 PM
opps sorry

its only the sign up and login which is not working now.

This is the error

Server Error in '/' Application.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file I:\Data\Web\qsh.eu\marker_93618920-db3b-4a04-a274-3fb613afc5df\www\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file I:\Data\Web\qsh.eu\marker_93618920-db3b-4a04-a274-3fb613afc5df\www\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file I:\Data\Web\qsh.eu\marker_93618920-db3b-4a04-a274-3fb613afc5df\www\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734931
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +628
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +170
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +359
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +424
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +496
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +82
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
   System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHolder.Open(HttpContext context, Boolean revertImpersonate) +84
   System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation) +197
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.GetPasswordWithFormat(String username, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Int32& status, String& password, Int32& passwordFormat, String& passwordSalt, Int32& failedPasswordAttemptCount, Int32& failedPasswordAnswerAttemptCount, Boolean& isApproved, DateTime& lastLoginDate, DateTime& lastActivityDate) +1121
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved, String& salt, Int32& passwordFormat) +105
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved) +42
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +83
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +160
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

0
bulgy

Deploying HMC 3.5 Deployment step help needed.
Hello, I am looking to deploy HMC for hosted exchange. This is our first experience with HMC / Microsoft Provisioning. My company has an SPLA agreement, and the Installation media. I have read through the deployment instructions several times, but I'm still not sure how to deploy it in our enviroment. We are running a non-clustered, Front end - Back end enviroment of exchange 2003 enterprise edition with SP2. I currenly one have: 1 front end "which is a DC", 1 back end "not a DC", and a seperate 2003 standard server running MSSQL 2000 enterprise with SP4. I am not ...

Need help with vs.net and msde deployment
I have a website that I have created locally with vs.net. I also created the database using the vs.net database controls. Here is my issue. I need to get my web pages on the hosting server and place my msde database on the sql server database. Will I have to re-create every table and stored procedure, or what? Is there some way to 'disconnect' my database in vs.net and port it up to the sql server database? Then will I only have to place my asp.net files on the web host? If you have a SQL Server setup at your service you can use the Import/Export Data Wizard to copy the data and ...

Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???
Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.The error saying that I have t...

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Need help deploying the "Initialize Actice directory for Hosting" from the HMC 4.0
Hi everone, can someone please help me get past this error: Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentExceptionDeploymentFailedMessage: Deployment interrupted because of a failure. See inner exception.     Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.NamedProcedureException    Message: <errorContext description="UpdateACL/The parameter is incorrect." code="0x80070057" executeSeqNo="493"><errorSource namespace="Active Directory Provider" procedure="Update ACL" /><...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

Need some help with deploying!
 Hi,I'm more or less done with developing my site and I'm about to deploy it on my web hosting's server. I'm currently following the steps of this article to change the paths of my connection string in the web.config file: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dsdaf/104092006022507AM/1.aspxSo I changed the name of my connectionstring from LocalSqlServer to some other name, and all the other modules that references to "LocalSqlServer", I've changed it to reference to the new connection string. When I run my app, I get this error:Configuration Error Descrip...

Need help for deploying..
Hello- PB version 6.5.1 - PFC application.windows 95/98 i am using foxpro 2.6 as the back end. I successfully created the exe file with dlls. I then copied the following dlls to a network drive: - all my application dlls(including pfc and pfe ones) - all dlls in the deployment dlls directory pbdbf12.dll odbc32.dll pbodb60.dll pbdwe60.dll pbdir60.dll I also copied the dbf files to the network drive. I then tried executing the exe from another machine (not the development one)..but firstly, it says: 'The ODBC resource dll(C:\windows\system\odbcinst.dll) is a differen...

Help needed to deploy
I am looking for someone to help deploy the DotNetNuke portal and setup my initial websites and e-commerce functions on a host. Although I'm have a current hosting company, I could consider an alternative. Any support would be appreciated and I am reachable online at 1@2002.co.za Hi JustinMinnaar, See post http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=828575 or http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=671187----------------- ~ RaMiL ~ ----------------- Justin, If you decide to go with someone like webhost4life they have an auto instal...

Need some deployment help .......
I have created a new folder in c: drive of my windows server 2003 and copied all the files from my local machine Project folder to the newly created folder say "localnew" Went into iis Created a new folder under  server\websites\defaultwebsite\newfolder2. i made the "Virtualmain"(Folder)  as a virtual directory and pointed it to the " localnew" folder No  if i want to access my website What uRL should i type in my local machine browser ......? like i tried http:://servername/websites/defaultwebsite/virtualmain/Default.aspx But iam gett...

Help needed
I am poting this again hoping someone will help me. I have deployed a PowerJ java Applet on NT server which accesses a Jaguar component to get the resultset for its datawindow. It I access that Applet from my PC on which I developed it or the NT server it runs without any problem. But If I access it from other PCs, I get the following error in Java Console. ------------------------------ java.io.FileNotFoundException: servername//deploy/test/text/resources/LocalElements_en_US.class java.io.FileNotFoundException: .... ------------------------------ My Applet tag is like <APPLET...

I need help deploying an EJB??
When I try to deploy an EJB using PowerJ, It generates the following errors EAServer Deployer to 'localhost' File: C:\My Documents\EJB Servlet Example\CrapsEJBAll\Debug\CrapsEJBAll.jar _sk_Casino_CrapsEJB.java:112: Invalid expression statement. javax.ejb.EJBMetaData; ^ _sk_Casino_CrapsEJB.java:128: Invalid expression statement. javax.ejb.HomeHandle; ^ _sk_Casino_CrapsEJB.java:169: Invalid expression statement. javax.e...

Help needed to deploy application
can anybody gimme an idea abt how to create an automatic setup for my ASP.Net website (Including creating SQL server databases, copying files, creating user accounts etc..) i am looking for something in the lines of the ASP.Net Sample Portal Application setup. It is quite urgent. You may check here for Deploying Applications and Components.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi - I'm also looking for advice on creating MSIs. I have been reading the info on MSDN. But I was wondering if there was a handy step-by-step article somewhere. I...

Deployment : Need to deploy different layers in differnt servers
    Dear All                  I have developed 3 tier architecture web applications. I need to deploy those 3 layers in different ser ver. Kindly advice me how to deploy those layers in different servers successfully. Thank you,Regards,Raja.msrasa@gmail.com      Thanks,Regards,Rajamsrasa@yahoo.com  You can keep your asp.net pages in one server. A web service in server 2, which will validate the data and then SQL Server in the 3rd server for Database. But keep in mind...

Web resources about - Need help with deployment - asp.net.config-deploy

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CICADA Autonomous Deployment Demonstration - YouTube
The Naval Research Laboratory Vehicle Research Section has successfully completed flight tests for the Autonomous Deployment Demonstration program. ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
&quot;When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...