Need Help! Just moved our application into production and tried to configure for .NET 2.0 - Website disappeared!

Hi, I hope someone can help.  We just moved our application that has been upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 into production.  We installed .NET 2.0 Framework and the AJAX extensions.

When I first went to test the site I received an error that referenced the web.config.  It was hanging on the System.WebExtensions SectionGroup.  I googled this problem and I was reminded that I needed to configure the site to run under the new .NET 2.0 framework in IIS.

I went into IIS 6.0 and navigated to the ASP.net tab of the properties of our website.  The ASP.Net Version drop down was blank.  I clicked the dropdown and selected 2.0.50727, clicked OK and then restarted the website.

Now I can't see any of the webpages of our website.  Is there something I have forgotten to do?  I went through this process in our test environment and had not troubles.

Please help, I'm desparate.
0
mamorgan1

try re-registering ASP.NET aspnet_regiis -u then aspnet_regiis -i , I have no clue about websites disappearing ( are you saying that IE is giving 404 or you can not see them on the server). If this does not resolve check the webservice extensions to make sure asp.net is enabled. ( This is my guess - remember guess - that your ISAPI dll is not installed properly and IIS will look for that file and throw the error) . if this does not resolve look for any custom ISAPI your company might have ( properties of the virtual folder and under directory tab Configuration)

HTH
Thajeer

"Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This marks your thread as Resolved and the community will know you have been helped."
0
thajeer
1/17/2008 3:36:53 AM

do you have 3.0 and or 3.5 frameworks installed?

0
kkarasinski

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Need Help in configuring APS.NET 2.0
I am getting the following message after I create a web services using Visual C# The site http://localhost/testWeb1 has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed to use ASP.NET 2; If not configured some functions may make incorrect , an page designed with the tool may not render correctly.   Would you like the site to be configured now. I click the yes radio button. However, I get the message confiuguring website http:/localhost/testWeb1 failed. You may need to manually configure the site for ASP.NET 2.0 in order for...

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

How to configure VS.NET to use NET Framework 2.0?
Hello I have just downloaded the beta version of .NET Framework 2.0 and I have Visual Studio 2003. How can I configure VS to use this new version 2.0, instead of 1.1? Thank you in advance. - Jasem Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait You can't, to build a .Net 2.0 application you need VS 2005./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Deploy .Net application with datawindow .net 1.0 on win98
Hello I had tried to install an application with datawindow .net on win98. I can install but application don t run ... Is it right? Do DW .Net works on win98 ? Thank you. Ste http://www.sybase.com/products/internetappdevttools/datawindownet/product_specs DataWindow .NET Product specifications Supported Operating System * Windows 2000 Professional (SP3 or later) * Windows 2000 Server (SP3 or later) (for deployment only) * Windows XP with service pack 1 On 1 Apr 2005 00:01:38 -0800, Stefano Trotti wrote: >Hello >I had tried to install an applic...

Web resources about - Need Help! Just moved our application into production and tried to configure for .NET 2.0 - Website disappeared! - asp.net.config-deploy

List of people who disappeared mysteriously - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... ), where modern Belgium is located. According to the writer Florus (iii.10.8), Ambiorix and his men managed to cross the Rhine and disappeared ...

What If Humans Disappeared? - YouTube
If we suddenly disappeared, what would happen to our planet? Squarespace: http://squarespace.com/asap click for a free trial and 10% off Why ...

Boy, 13, who disappeared four years ago is reunited with his mother
A 13-year-old boy who had been missing for four years has been reunited with his family after police found him hidden behind a wall in his father's ...

Property where toddler William Tyrrell disappeared on the market
The house where toddler William Tyrrell disappeared from has gone on the market, only a year after it was sold by the missing child's grandmother.&nbsp; ...

Parents speak of terror after their baby disappeared in stolen car
... driven away while alone and asleep in their turbo-charged Ford XR6 by a lifelong car thief have spoken of the terror the day their baby disappeared. ...

CCTV shows man in a blue hoodie spoke to missing ABC worker Jill Meagher moments before she disappeared ...
NEW DEVELOPMENT: A MAN in a blue hoodie was seen talking to Jill Meagher moments before her disappearance, CCTV footage reveals.

Intruder seen snooping at Rayney home after Corryn disappeared, Lloyd Rayney testifies in 170-page statement ...
LLOYD Rayney claims a “big” and “bald” intruder wearing gloves was seen by a neighbour snooping around his Como home in the days after his wife ...

Television stars who disappeared from the limelight, and where they went - PerthNow Search Search
FOR a while, these stars of television shone brightly and enjoyed a period of fame and acting success.

MH370 report: Air traffic control supervisor asleep on duty after plane disappeared
Sydney Morning Herald MH370 report: Air traffic control supervisor asleep on duty after plane disappeared Sydney Morning Herald No evidence ...

Jet disappeared 'deliberately': Malaysia
Malaysia's prime minister says the movement of the missing Boeing 777 was "consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane".