MSI installer only installs aspx and web config

hiya,

I created an MSI installer prog at home last night and installed at the  office today.It only installed:

1) aspx

2) web config etc.

It didn't install the code behind or the solution files.(I had wanted to work on the project today)I assume that I can't somehow alter the MSI so that it installs ALL the files?(obviously, all the source code and solution files are at home)Do I have to wait till I get home tonight and "recreate " the MSI, so that it installs  all the files?

Can someone confirm / deny?

many thanks,

yogi

buy an old van and drive round oz.
0
cyoker

hiy.

OK, my MSI projects now contains:

1) sourceFiles

2) primaryOutput files

3) contentFiles

I run the MSI installer.It apprently installs without problem.

However when I go to the DIR that contains the files, I notice that:

1) there is no "solution" file

2) when I click on the .vbproj file, I get the error:

<error>

the project that you are trying to open is a web project.You need to  open it by  specifying its URL path

<\error>

Can anyone help? this is driving me daft.

cheers,

yogi

buy an old van and drive round oz.
0
cyoker
4/21/2005 11:33:38 PM
Why are you building an installer for this?

Either use the Copy Project command in Visual Studio and select "All Project Files" or just zip up your folder and take the zip file home with you.

Of course, you'll want to learn to use source control eventually.

0
rponton
4/22/2005 11:49:37 PM

good question.The reason I want an installer is that:

1) it seems a lot easier to copy an installer than to copy all the files.

2) the installer automatically sets up the viurt dir for me (I always seem to have problems when I zip files and then try to setup a virt dir on the new machine.)

Is it possible to use the MSI installer to install all the files..solution files and all?

Surely it must be possible..

If not, I will struggle on trying to setup the virt dir....messy messy

cheers,

yogi

buy an old van and drive round oz.
0
cyoker

app.config and web.config deployments and installers
I use web deployment projects for changing web.config values based on the configuration build types I have setup (dev/test/stage/prod) and it works excellent for building installers in multiple environments.  Now, I am trying to do the same the Windows Applications.  How can I automate the changing of app.config values based on the build configuration (dev/test/stage/prod)?  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,Chris...

(1) MSI installs to my local "web" (2) config problems (3) strange VS installer while creating MSI
Thanks for any help on the following three issues:(1) When I put the MSI that I generated on my FTP server, it tries to install to the virtual web directory from whence it came on my local machine. (2) I then put a copy of the project directory on the web server. When I ran some of the controls on the first page, I received errors (see below) possibly having to do with web.config, but the description is so vague it's hard for me to tell. I did as I understood the instructions below but I'd appreciate resources. All references to deploying projects didn't ...

WEb Deployment project issue: How do i allow updates to Various sections in web.config in the target server as part of installation ?
1) I've got  a web.config whose sections related to the application be it for SMTP settings and other sections related to the application should be editable while deploying it in the target web server 2) I don't want to use 'Replace Config files' option Is there an existing MSBuild task that can be used to accomplish this?  Or do i have to roll-out a Window application and launch that as part of the task to get this done and put this in the one of the build phases be it "After Build"    3) Also, WebDeployment projects use the F...

install web config
I think this may be more an apache config question but it is about bugzilla so I'll try here first: I used the install docs here http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Bugzilla to get bugzilla up and running and it works fine on port 8666 This install puts bugzilla in /var/www/bugzilla/htdocs I'd like to use SSL as some people may login over an insecure wifi connection. Once bugzilla is coming up via port 80 it's easy for me to add SSL so I tried changing bugzilla to port 80 as they indicate in the gentoo wiki replace port 8666 with port 80 in the virtual host ...

Web.Config and installation
Hello Friends, I am doing my first steps with installing a website by using the web-installer, and I have a lot of problems. First problem is, that the website I have developed has many different installations (for me it is many), and I want to be able to enter values into configurations- and applicationstrings during the setup. After that I want to encrypt the configurationstrings. I can do it all manually, but how to implement it in the installer.  Thanks.       nerosdk71:  First problem is, that the website I have developed has many different installations...

Web Deployment Project - Config Properties
I'm using a Web Deployment Project to compile my web site. In the Property Pages - Configuration Properties - Deployment section, there is an option to 'Enable Web.config file section replacement'. I have this working to replace certain sections of my web.config for each build config (release/staging/dev). I think this makes sense so other developers do not have to remember to change the web.config file. HOWEVER, this only seems to work when replacing parts of web.config; such as appSettings, connectionString, etc. This would require me to have separate config files for each section and bui...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

machine.config problem after installing .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express
 I had asp.net 2.0 and visual web developer 2005 installed on my windows xp computer. I then installed .net 3.5 and visual web developer 2008 express on the same computer with out uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD 2005 express and did not encounter any errors during installation. Problem is, i can no longer run any project.When i create a web site in visual web developer 2008 and click "start Debugging" i get the error message below"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config(138): Build (web): Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.&qu...

install new web application with new web.config settings
Hello I like to know how other people are dealing with settings that are stored in the web.config and different versions of your application. - Are you making a smart setup.exe that will update the web.config?- store settings somewhere else that's easier to update (where??)- other options.. Thanks for sharing! Marco...

web.config / install on godaddy
I'm new to DNN and am trying an install on a godaddy site. I've found alot of good info but I haven't seen how to actually run the install. From  what I can tell I need to set some file permissions ( I know how to do that), FTP DNN install to my site (no problem), set up database (done). Now how do I actually start the install? Do I need to create a web.config file or is one created as part of the install? If I need to create how do I do it?I've looked for install docs but didn't have any luck.   Thanks for you help!        &nb...

Modifying Web.Config During Installation
Hello,  I have developed a web setup project (that generates a setup.msi file) that works fine. But I have two appSettings at my web.config file that I need to prompt at installation:  <appSettings>  <add key="srv_ip" value="localhost"/>  <add key="srv_port" value="8090"/> </appSettings> Who ever runs the setup must be able to configure this two settings. I serched the internet and I found this article:  http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebServieInstaller.asp  I try to follow it but, for my disapointm...

First Install
I was surprised to read the following in the installation documentation of dotnetnuke:"All ASP.NET Application require a web.config file. In versions prior to 3.1, this file was part of the zip package.  In v 3.1 this file is not part of the zip package.  If you are installing v3.1, before doing anything else rename this file to web.config."Now I may be being excessively dense here, but which file, exactly, do I rename to web.config if i'm doing a fresh install as opposed to an upgrade?-- Please mark answers as answers! ---- "SQL has driven more programmers mad than any o...

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Web resources about - MSI installer only installs aspx and web config - asp.net.config-deploy

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 10:18:47 AM