Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005

Can some body guide on how to migrate existing application build on Vweb dev Express 2008 to Visual Studio 2005.

Thank you

0
faisallateef58

I don't think there's a general way to do this; it all depends on if you are using .NET 3.5 stuff.

Why would you want to go backward?

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
9/19/2008 10:49:23 PM

I am using. Net 3.5. Express was a free version but my company has 2005 license, that's the way i am taking.

0
faisallateef58
9/20/2008 9:40:25 PM

VS.NET 2005 is not designed to work with asp.net 3.5.  You'll have a great deal of problem if you use it to open a asp.net 3.5 project.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
9/22/2008 6:42:03 PM

I have the opposite problem (but related). I purchased Visual Studio 2008 but need to develop code for a 2.0 framework. I set up the project for 2.0 but keep getting assembly references for 3.5

 How do I fix these issues? How do I keep it from happening again?

0
jetleg

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Creating a Centralized dll and migrating to visual studio 2005 from visual web developer express edition
HI, I would like to know if there is a way to create a centralized (only one) dll file for all the aspx files.Because when using visual studio 2003 when i click the build it automatically creates a dll file and puts it in the bin folder. But visual web developer does not seems to do it. the reason i want to do it is, when i up load the files to the web server there are 2 file for each aspx file(1 aspx file and 1 aspx.cs file). but if i just have 1 dll file for all the aspx file then i can only load the aspx file which looks less messy in the server.if i do this will it effect the perf...

Visual Web Developer 2005 Express VS Visual Studio 2005
Hi all - name of this thread says it all. What's the difference between the free app (that i've decided that I should be using over Dreamweaver) on the asp.net website, and the full, paid-up Visual Studio 2005? I realise VS2005 allows the coding of applications and completely web-unrelated things, but what does it do in the 'web world' that VWD2005 Express doesn't? Thanks!Ramic Solutions Hi all - you can ignore this thread - discovered the search button :-)Ramic Solutions...

Visual Web Developer Express 2005 coexist with Visual Studio 2005 Professional
I'd like to show some people here Visual Web Developer Express 2005 but I already have/use Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 Professional on my laptop. Can they all coexist? (I saw many notes about not having VS 2005 beta with Express but non on VS 2005 Professional with Express) Thank you.   Yes they can, but since you already have VS 2005 Pro you don't need VWD Express as VS 2005 includes all VWD features and adds more (such as HTML Accessibility Checker and Web Form Localization).Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provi...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Visual Studio 2008 -or- Visual Web Developer Express 2008 -or- SharePoint Designer / Etc.
It's been a while since I actively designed in dot net.  Now it's time to do some serious updating to our website (from dot net 1.1 to 3.5).  I haven't used any of the new design tools but want to be able to take complete advantage of all the new features of v3.5 and the features of development applications. What are the differences between Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Web Developer Express 2008 / SharePoint Designer / Etc. and are there any others I should consider for development?  I just want to settle on a development platform so I can start moving forward...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Web resources about - Migrate Visual Web Developement 2008 Express application to Visual Studio 2005 - asp.net.config-deploy

Oracle finally releases first Java Developement Kits for Mac OS X
When Apple confirmed in 2010 it would no longer be supporting Java for OS X it announced shortly after an agreement with Oracle to include OS ...

developement - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
Few things attract new users to an app more than the ability to interact with other people; gamers demand multi-player and socialites want instant ...

Developement Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest Developement Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

developement
Read all 'developement' posts on .

Profiting from social media audience developement
Social media is the biggest media game-changer since Google's launch in the late 90's, but many publishers are still wondering, "How can I make ...

FaceImageView, face detection in UIImageView for iOS developement
FaceImageView is a UIImageView clone that automatically scales the image to fill in the bounds and keep faces detected in the view.Fa

Sacha Baron Cohen's Cecil Chao Movie, 'The Lesbian,' In Developement
Sacha Baron Cohen has found his next controversial comedy. As reported by both Variety and Deadline.com, Cohen will develop a film based on Cecil ...

Developement
Mashable covers the top social media news on topics like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest and More.

More efficient fuel cells under developement by engineers
Solar panels need sun. Wind turbines need wind. Society needs ways to store and dispense alternative energy. Fuel cells could do this. But their ...

‘Saw 8′ Is in Active Developement
After almost a decade of Jigsaw, torture and traps, the Saw franchise took a hiatus back in 2010. The seventh film, Saw 3D , was a bigger financial ...