Locally deployed website, not working at all

I published the website that has been working fine in the IDE for months, and I did everything like they said, but it refuses to work.  I keep getting this cryptic error...it seems to be just choking on the first line as if it doesn't know what ASP is?  Please help...newbie is lost.

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

  • Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
  • Open the 0) && (window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2"))) { Homepage(); } //--> localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

  • Error Type:
    Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
    The specified 'page language="VB" masterpagefile="~/MasterPage.master" autoeventwireup="false" inherits="_Default, App_Web_nf6o527p" ' option is unknown or invalid.
    /default.asp, line 1

  • Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

  • Page:
    GET /default.asp

  • Time:
    Wednesday, June 06, 2007, 9:30:35 AM

  • More information:
    Microsoft Support

0
CiscoCylk

I think it's should be ".aspx" instead of ".asp". .NET doesn't know anything about .asp files.

Liming Xu
Jumptree ASP.NET 2.0 Project Management - With Source Code, Free to Non Profit Org and Effectively Manage Projects/Tasks/Milestones
0
Liming
6/6/2007 2:49:48 PM

I've tried it as .asp and .aspx neither work and I get the same response.

That's another thing I don't understand.  The publish utility creates a .aspx file, but all the documentation says to browse to //server/filename and that server should be localhost and filename should be default.asp...no where does the documentation say rename the file to default.asp, but yet that's what works.  If I leave default.asp/x off and just browse to localhost, it says that I do not have permission to view this file....huh?

0
CiscoCylk
6/6/2007 3:24:38 PM

This was solved by a few things...I had to run the following two commands to make sure that the IIS was properly installed and registered

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -e

in that order then restart the IIS server.

 Next I discovered a little thing called double hopping, which caused a problem that is not particular to this thread but I'll include it anyway..I found that it is not possible to run a web server on your local machine that accesses a MS Sql Server Express server that is in a remote 'box'.

Finally I had to grant permissions to public to access the database...duh.

0
CiscoCylk

Error while deploying website
Configuration Error Server Error in '/WebSites' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.Source Error: Line 15: <assemblies&g...

XMLHttp requests work locally but not when deployed to website
Website with XMLHttp requests works locally but not when deployed to Website==================================Can someone please help with what I hope is a common problem! (I’m new to .net).I have a simple website generated by Visual studio 2005 .NETIt has a custom Http handler because I need to poll my website and update the browser page every few seconds.I have developed the project locally and everything is working FINE!However … when I publish to my Website instead of getting my polled data into the browser (Internet Explorer) I get the handler HTML data ie the .aspx page HTML!After...

Global Asax working at local but not working at the deployment
is there any reason not to work on my server?is there any iis setting for that  <%@ Application Language="C#" %> <script runat="server"> void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that runs on application startup }   void Application_End(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that runs on application shutdown }   void Application_Error(object sender, EventArgs e) { string url = ""; url = UIHelper.RedirectURL(Request.Url.AbsolutePath); Response.Redirect(url); } void Session_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that ...

Problems with Interop Assemblies deployment. App is just not working on Deployment (working in development)
Hi, I have created an assembly which uses visio interop assemblies to genernate visio documents at runtime at server. And I am using it in a web application to generate visio documents on the fly. it is working perfectly in development system. When I deploy the same on a clean machine it is unable to work in my web application. It is not throwing any error too. If I copy the whole solution to my deployment stage server and build the solution, the application starts working fine and never stopped working until I format the machine...This is weird ! Though I deleted that entire...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

localization not working when deployed.
hi, we are developing a bi-lingual application with the following: database = oracle 10g (we are using the nvarchar2 and nchar columns for strings) os = Server 2003 Standard x64 setup =   web server --> apps server --> db server. the pages are in web server. the web service is in apps server. the application when tested in development machine (database, pages and web service are in the same unit), the localization does not have any problem. both languages are saved properly on the database. however, when we moved to our test and production environment wit...

deploying a .net website
please tell me how to deploy a .net website in vs.net 2003 please respond to my question thanking you See Deploying ASP.NET Applications - Part 1http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm Deploying ASP.NET Applications - Part 2http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030820.htmThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Program works locally, but when deployed it does not.
I have a dropdownlist being populated on page_load with results returned from a sql stored proc. When I run the program on my local computer it works fine. When I deployed it to a test server, using the copy website function, the program will run, but the dropdownlist isn't being populated. Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this? What does it say? I am suspecting a timeout? did you try refreshing or reloading the page?~C#Learner*************************************************Please remember to Mark As Answer if this postanswered your question! *************************************...

Deployment :: Publish Website vs Web Deployment Project
Hi All,   We have a Web Application that we have moved it form VWD to Visual Studio 2005 and are about to deploy. Our project type is currently a file based web project and we use web.config files in sub directories to control access.   We are wondering whether we should use the “Publish WebSite” option, or whether the new Web Deployment Project that has been introduced, is a better fit. (We have also looked into the Web Application Project option but that is not being considered at this point)   From our investigation, it seems that if we choose the “Publish Website” op...

Deploying a website on Local IIS
Hi,  We have just now started making websites in vs.net 2005. But we are facing some problem while deploying website When we debug the application it takes http://localhost:2026/webapp but we want it should run on http://localhost/webapp  For testing i in property pages of project in startup option in server tab i checked custom server and typed http://localhost/webapp in that case it gives following error An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the defa...

Re-deploy a deployment
I have made a deployment of about forty patches which i deployed to a testgroup. Now I need to deploy this to the rest of the pc's in my office and would like to re-use the old deployment. So I want to change an old deployment and then redeploy it. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? thanks -- eddzzz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eddzzz, have you tried going to the deployment, checking the box next to it and clicking deploy at the bottom of the page? :) -- Shaun Pond That sounds very obvious, s...

works locally, but customErrors when deploying....
I've created a small website using ASP.Net 2.0 w/ Masterpage. The site compiles and runs fine locally from my machine (I have VS 2005 Beta and 2.0 Framework 2.0 Beta 2). But when I copy the whole application and paste to the development server, I get this error: Server Error in '/intranet' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers ru...

TeamBuild to deploy deployment project website to remote server
Hi, Did anyone get the deployment project to be deployed to a remote server through a team build after compilation? I am thinking of adding an after compile target and xcopy the files to a remote destination as well as create a virtual directory on the remote IIS server. Something similar to the script below. Is that the recommended approach? Thanks <PropertyGroup> <WebDeployFolder>d:\StagingFolder</WebDeployFolder> <WebSiteSrcName>WebSite1</WebSiteSrcName> <WebDeployName>WebSite1</WebDeployName> <WebSitePreCompiledSrcFolder>$(SolutionR...

Localization After Deployment for Website Project
I have a specific requirement for my application. My customer needs localization of the application to an extend, the resource (.resx) files are just translated and copied into App_GlobalResources folder. Based on the resource (.resx) files available the users shall be able to pick up the language setting from a dropdown list while they configure their profile in the application. The application is a website project and not a web application (WAP). It is a nice feature and good have it in the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Look at http://www.guysmithferrier.com/ and in...

Web resources about - Locally deployed website, not working at all - asp.net.config-deploy

List of deployed WiMAX networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Net One (Angola) (subsidiary of MSTelcom ) is deploying a nationwide project at 2.5 GHz; currently available in Luanda, Malanje, Lobito and Lubango. ...

4/08/2014 US Navy tests electromagnetic Railgun to be deployed in 1-2 years - YouTube
Full post with screenshots and links to this new US Naval Research Laboratories public release : http://dutchsinse.com/4082014-builders-of-h ...

Africa-led force could be deployed in Mali within weeks
Four-day meeting in Malian capital involving local and international groups to finalise blueprint aimed at clearing out militants.

Canadian soldier deployed against Islamic State killed by friendly fire in Iraq
A Canadian soldier was killed on Friday in a friendly fire incident in Iraq, Canada's Defence Department said on Saturday, in the first fatality ...

ACT crews deployed to help storm effort
Canberra SES volunteers are preparing for redeployment to assist their NSW colleagues.

US military personnel deployed to Niger
PRESIDENT Barack Obama says about 100 US military personnel have been deployed to the west African nation of Niger.

Security forces deployed in Baghdad
Iraq's prime minister has announced he will sue the president and deploy security forces across Baghdad.

Hand in your guns: Destruction vans deployed across state
Queenslanders have been asked to surrender their illegal guns under a three-month amnesty taking effect on Friday.