Install Web application along with sql server db using a single setup ?.......

How to create a web application along with its sql server database using a single msi  or exe setup ?...... Can i do it with web deployment projects option ?.......I need to run a create database script and an installation data script......... Please Help

0
nbsamurai

Hi nbsamurai,

I have answered the duplicate post. Please check it in the following link:

DB scripts integration with installer
http://forums.asp.net/t/1263659.aspx

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson
5/27/2008 1:34:54 AM

Thanks Benson......

0
nbsamurai

Deploying an application with SQL express to web host using SQL server 2005?
I currently have developed an application using VWD express 2008 and SQL server express 2005 on my local XP pro machine. I am using the built in user validation database/controls (ASPNETDB.mdf) and also using a database to hold the information relevant to the application (in this case, a comic book tracking database) I signed up for a cheap web server to host it on so I can access my collection when away from home. I am using the GoDaddy deluxe hosting plan (windows server, asp.net 2.0/3.0/3.5, 2 MS SQL databases) I am wondering how I can transfer my existing databases that are using the e...

How to setup Windows authentication mode for a web application deployed using a web setup project ?
 Hi,I would like to know if it is possible to set up the authentication mode to "Windows Authentication" for a web application deployed on IIS using a web setup project from Visual Studio 2005 and also how to do that. I know that after deploying the web application using the MSI file I can manually edit the security settings from the IIS and set the authentication mode to "Integrate Windows authentication", but I would like to do this at deploy time. Since I was not able to do that, I tried an open-source project, Windows Installer XML v3.0 - this project ev...

Deploy Web Application Using SQL Server Express for membership
Hello friends,I succesfully developed a Web application using Visual Studio 2008,using membership to restrict access to some pages, and using the defaultSQL Server Express to store the user data.The database is the default in file ASPNETDB.MDF in application subfolder App_Data. I tried to deploy the application,(on the development PC itself, to minimize version conflicts, or services requirements)but apparently the login page don't find the user. Going around in the forums I didn't find any related issue,but may be I didn't use the appropriate keywords. Thank you,Francesco. ...

How to ask and start sql server installation in vb.net [desktop] application setup ?
hi there...this time its a desktop application.. where application is ready tobe installed... i have made the setup for application thru setup and deployment project for this desktop application...now query is... is it possible that thru setup i can check whether sql server is installed on client pc or not... if it is not installed than i can start sql server installer.. or i can prompt the user to install sql server first.... any help would be great...thanx in advance./. Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give...

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#
4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# . Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework. Better send email. Thanks In Advance, A New Bie I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0) or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.Terri MortonEngagement Manag...

Howto install a web application with SQL Server Express via setup project
After one day of research and try and error i found out how to install an ASP.NET 2.0 application with SQL Server Express database on a "virgin" system e.g. Win XP Pro. I hope this thread will help you not to lose this time just to know how to DEPLOY your Apps. Setup project: Follow the online help to create a setup project with VS 2005. Make sure your database ist not connected to something like the internal VS server explorer when you build the setup project. If you don't do this, your mdf file won't be added to the output without VS showing an error. Installation: Check ...

How to use 2 web.config file in a single web application
Hello Guyz,In my web application I'm trying to use a Blog and for that I'm using the free version of community server. The blog itself runs fine. But I'm trying to use it as a subdomain of my original application.The blog itself has its own web.config file as my application does and for that it's throws the following  errorParser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. It'...

Web setup project to deploy a Web application to a target server
I am working on Visual Studio 2005 web setup..I need to customize installation address, scenario is as follows:  I have web setup (.msi) on my machine..while installing the website, the setup is capturing current machine websites to install the website. I want to install the website on different server...I must be able give the IP address of my target server and expecting the websetup to install the website on target server. Only websetup .msi is available on my current machine, i also have the access to target machine. Is there any way that would do my requirement? Copy pr...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

How to improve the execution speed of a web application installed using web setup project
 I have installed my asp.net web application using web setup project ,then it seemed to be very very slow.(take too much time load each pages)but it works very well on visual studio 2005 by using F5. please give me a good solution for improving the execution of web application that installed by using web setup(asp.net2.0)    .net bother Make sure you set up the project on Release mode.Thanks and Regards,Saravana Prakash P.http://saravanaprakashp.blogspot.comTrust in Technology Websetup do not affect the performance of the application. Following are list of c...

Installing multiple DNNs on single SQL Server DB causes install error
Just ran into this one: when installing a second DNN pointing to an existing SQL db already holding another DNN installation I get the following error during install:00:00:18.736 - Executing Additional Scripts:00:00:18.746 -   Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal00:00:19.758 -   Error: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_DMXTest_TabPermission_DMXTest_Permission'. The conflict occurred in database 'DMXP', table 'DMXTest_Permission', column 'PermissionID'. The statement has been terminated.00:00:19.758 -  &n...

Deploy Sql Server Express DB to Sql Server Express
I have developed by webite with Visual Studio 2005 and sql server express. I'm trying to deploy my website to a VPS with sql server express running on it I ftp'd the App_Data folder to the remote via the 'copy web site' Everything seemed okay until I started trying to run more complex database operations using stored procedures and transactions. It appears that the schema is messed up because when defining the parameters for a stored procedure, upon ExecuteNonQuery I get the error that I've assigned too many parameters which I have not (since it runs fine on...

Web resources about - Install Web application along with sql server db using a single setup ?....... - asp.net.config-deploy

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...