i need help configuring application

How do i configure my site not to shutdown, the problem i am having is when i and anyone haven't access the web application, it shutdown. When i got to use it any page, it takes for ever to load. Then after loading the pages are loaded at a pretty decent speed. It take on avarage for my site to load initially around 40 -60 sec. When i have user that visit the site, they aren't going to sit around waiting on the page to load. How do i fixed this problem. here is how i have my web.config setup:

 Notes: Also the application uses Ajax.

<compilation debug="false">

<sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="30"/>
        <hostingEnvironment idleTimeout="203000" shutdownTimeout="999999"/>

0
lew26

This is happening due to recompilation of your site after it has been closed. You could pre-compile your website in advance and then deploy it. Here is link with further details on how to do that.

Zafar Iqbal
VP Technology
Hansvits

** Please mark as ANSWER if my reply helped you
1
ziqbalbh
9/27/2007 4:04:04 AM

Hi lew,

I’m not exactly sure why the setting in web.config doesn’t work. Please try to modify the IIS metabase instead by IIS manager. I hope it is helpful.

    1. Open IIS manager: Start | Administrative Tools | Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    2. Expand the Application Pools node.
    3. Right click the special application pool of your website, and then select “Properties”.
    4. On the “Performance” tab, Change the setting of “Idle timeout”.

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???
Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.The error saying that I have t...

Need Help! Just moved our application into production and tried to configure for .NET 2.0
Hi, I hope someone can help. We just moved our application that has been upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 into production. We installed .NET 2.0 Framework and the AJAX extensions. When I first went to test the site I received an error that referenced the web.config. It was hanging on the System.WebExtensions SectionGroup. I googled this problem and I was reminded that I needed to configure the site to run under the new .NET 2.0 framework in IIS. I went into IIS 6.0 and navigated to the ASP.net tab of the properties of our website. The ASP.Net Version drop down was blank. I c...

Help needed to deploy application
can anybody gimme an idea abt how to create an automatic setup for my ASP.Net website (Including creating SQL server databases, copying files, creating user accounts etc..) i am looking for something in the lines of the ASP.Net Sample Portal Application setup. It is quite urgent. You may check here for Deploying Applications and Components.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi - I'm also looking for advice on creating MSIs. I have been reading the info on MSDN. But I was wondering if there was a handy step-by-step article somewhere. I...

Need help with application configuration
I have installed the Framework and sdk onto my system... though, it hasnt actually changed the application configuration to allow me to run aspx applications using InetPub... I was just wondering whether anyone could give me the location of the dll's, the file extensions and the verbs needed to manually add them to IIS... Try running %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\{Version}\aspnet_regiis.exe -i This will take care of all the scriptmaps for you....

Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!!
Hi I seem to have a huge problem on my hands.  I launched my website MyDesignerResource.com and used visual web developer to create dynamic pages.  I tried to put those on my webpage but everytime you login etc it gives me an application error.  I cannot figure out how setup the asp.net and sql server express 2005.  I tried everything i converted it to a .sql but i do not know what to put in the strings etc.  Could someone walk me through the steps in doing this.  By the way im using godaddy.com for my webhosting and i have a database setup there i just cant tak...

Application Deployment
Greetings all, I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me... On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater... I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application deployment. I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following: - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0 - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES - MY APPLICATION Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install: - msvcr71.dll - msvcp71.dll - atl71.dll I don't know how to do...

I need help setting up and configuring .Net
Hello everyone, How is everyone doing? I need everyone's help if at all possible on setting up and configuring ASP.Net, VS.Net and other stuff on my laptop.First off, I used to be an active member of this forum, and I used to do alot of .Net programming, mainly in ASP.Net and VS.Net.  I haven't programmed much in the last 2 or 2.5 years and I've forgotten alot of things. I just bought a brand new HP Laptop last Saturday and I need major help on setting up .Net on my laptop.Here are the specs on my machine:AMD Turion 64-bit Ultra 2.1 GHz with 4 GB DDR2, WIndows Vi...

Need help with .NET Framework configuration
Hello, I am building an application in C# and trying to use the System.data.odbc namespace. Here is the code: OdbcConnection myConn = new OdbcConnection("DSN=TestAsp"); string myInsertQuery = "INSERT INTO Login_Info (user_id, password) Values('xxx', 'xxx')"; OdbcCommand myOdbcCommand = new OdbcCommand(myInsertQuery); myOdbcCommand.Connection = myConn; myConn.Open(); myOdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); myOdbcCommand.Connection.Close(); But I realize now that I have .NET frame work 1.0.xxx and odbc is not supported, when I...

Need help with google maps and .net application
I have an application that uses  SQL 2005 which is developed in VS.net 2005 C#. I have the google maps advanced example in use. I would like to be able to insert and address which is in a formview from the SQL to the google maps to and from address. If any one has done this before could you post some code as an example. I do not want to have to type the address in to the google mpas I would like it to auto populate from the fornview aspx page I have....

Need help with vs.net and msde deployment
I have a website that I have created locally with vs.net. I also created the database using the vs.net database controls. Here is my issue. I need to get my web pages on the hosting server and place my msde database on the sql server database. Will I have to re-create every table and stored procedure, or what? Is there some way to 'disconnect' my database in vs.net and port it up to the sql server database? Then will I only have to place my asp.net files on the web host? If you have a SQL Server setup at your service you can use the Import/Export Data Wizard to copy the data and ...

Help needed securing my .NET web application
Hi there!I have a web application that has 3 components:     The VB.NET code to handle the web Requests and calls,    A .NET DLL that handles some vital processing which calls    A VB6 DLL that does some other vital processingI am trying to secure my application so that all the components check to make sure that the calling code has  permission to execute it.I'd like to use CAS Demands to check the stack to make sure all of the code components responsible for the call have permission to do so. My problem is that the VB6 DLL doesn't use the .N...

Need help configuring SqlHelper to use with in my WebSite Application
Hello, I am trying to create a report that displays data based on a drop down list selected value.  I am usinig this article as an example, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/ReportViewer.aspx, I converted the code to VB from C# and I have to install and configure my visual studio to use Application Block which will allow me to us SqlHelper.  I Download the Application Block installer package and installed the Application Block but when I opened the solution, the conversion opened becuase the solution was built using a previous version and after I converte...

Need Help in configuring APS.NET 2.0
I am getting the following message after I create a web services using Visual C# The site http://localhost/testWeb1 has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed to use ASP.NET 2; If not configured some functions may make incorrect , an page designed with the tool may not render correctly.   Would you like the site to be configured now. I click the yes radio button. However, I get the message confiuguring website http:/localhost/testWeb1 failed. You may need to manually configure the site for ASP.NET 2.0 in order for...

Web resources about - i need help configuring application - asp.net.config-deploy

Configuring Your Xcode Project for Distribution
Describes the common workflows to develop, test, and distribute your app.

Installing and configuring Graphite
Here are some notes I jotted down while installing and configuring Graphite, which isn't a trivial task, although the official documentation ...

Configuring Android Data Binding Just Got Easier
The [Android Data Binding Guide](https://developer.android.com/tools/data-binding/guide.html) was recently updated with a new way to configure ...

Configuring your Mac's network settings
At one time, a typical Mac user would no more have connected a couple of computers to the Internet via a local network than they would have extracted ...

Configuring a secure Ubuntu Linux Virtual Private Server
... acid which is a web based application to be able to view snort alerts $ sudo apt-get install acidbase Select No when it prompts you for configuring ...

Custom Configuring Java Apps: Extending log4j
Creating an extended, server-side version of a log4j Logger that automatically configures itself and adds printf -like logging methods to the ...

T-Mobile networks start configuring themselves, thanks to Eden Rock
T-Mobile US has tapped Eden Rock Communications , a Seattle-area wireless networking startup, to add some self-awareness to its networks. Eden ...

Configuring the feed used by dnu to restore packages
The Home repository is the starting point for people to learn about ASP.NET 5.

Why NASA Is Re-Configuring Part of the International Space Station
NASA robotics flight controllers are preparing for moving day at the International Space Station.

Configuring two wireless routers with one SSID (network name) at home for free roaming - Scott Hanselman ...
Scott Hanselman on Programming, User Experience, The Zen of Computers and Life in General