http/1.1 500 Server Error

Hi all..

http/1.1 500 Server Error

Wat to do to resolve this??? I tried a lot. I cannot open or create a web application.

Unistall and reinstall the framework.

Done a lot browsing the web. But still the same problem.

Can anyone help me

Regards,
Jeen
0
jeenajos

Please give us some more information

What version of OS, IIS, ASP.NET are you using?

How did you deploy the website and what settings is your virtual directory running as?

0
jimmy
10/31/2008 4:00:59 AM

Did you check the Event logs...?

Jeff

jeff

Im using Windows XP, IIS-5.1, 2003 Visual studio.

I checked event log and there is a warning for w3svc and error for DCOM.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36
Date:  11/1/2008
Time:  11:40:57 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: P-19
The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/IISHELP'.  The error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.  Check the username and password.
'.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10004
Date:  11/1/2008
Time:  11:40:57 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: P-19
DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_P-19 in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

Regards,
Jeen
0
jeenajos

It seems that there are two versions of ASP.NET to run in the same application pool.

If so, you can try the follows:

Restart the IIS before you create a new ASP.NET 1.1 application. At the command prompt, type the following command:
iisreset

-or-

Create an ASP.NET application in a separate application pool. Create the script-mapped application (ASP.NET 1.0) in a separate application pool -- for example, in the ScriptMapappPool application pool. Then, create a new ASP.NET 1.1 application in an application pool other than ScriptMapappPool.

For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/822319

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error in the VS.NET 2003
Hi, After uninstall the NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2006, I have got problem with my VS.NET 2003. so that I had to uninstalll and install the IIS,NetFramework and VS.NET 2003 again and also "aspnet_regiis -i " to reconize IIS at VS.NET 2003. However when I am trying to open any project within VS.NET 2003 it gives me "HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error" error message. I checked the System at the Even Viewer seems my system has a difficulty with the "w3svc.dll". but it's kind of strange for me, becuase when I ran "iisreset/ status" seems the IIS running without any problem and also the I...

HTTP/1.1 500 Error
I am getting the above error, with the message "Server not available."  I have a hunch that the problem can be traced to a patch I installed this month.  The patch (SP2DBFix1.1.1.mxp) was supposed to correct an interaction problem between Dreamweaver and Asp.Net.History:  Everything in Visual Studio worked just fine last semester, when I took the Asp.Net class.  Now, none of the Asp.Net applications work, although the VB.Net apps in my Visual Studio still work as expected.  Help, please!Dee Start by finding the real error:http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109JeffP...

Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I recieved the following error when trying to create a program'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or the open the Web project located at the following URL: http://localhost/asptest 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'here are the event viewer errors:Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: DCOMEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 10004Date:  10/27/2008Time:  2:05:36 PMUser:  N/AComputer: LNOxxxxCFD2YDescription:DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer...

Got an Error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Hi is there anybody can help me with my problem in asp.net... coz everytime i open .net and create new asp files i got an error of "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://pc03/localhost/MyWeb/Application'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. thanks... pilots Have you turned off Friendly Errors in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Usually this is the problem. Corey...

My VS.Net 2003 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'
Sorry, but I English is a cheet!!!I like to know the because of error when I try to create a project web:The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project locatec at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.I tried make the following command's:iisreset /stopnet user ASPNET /deleteapsnet_regiis -iiisreset /startBut continue made same thing.Thankful by attention!Luidy Morais NavesComputer Science This error occurs due to many reasons and I think you have considered most of the options. You may want...

Start up Error: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error
When I attempt to create a new project or open an existing one, I recieve the following error.  "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/PROJECTNAME'.  'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error'. Now I have a fix for this, but it requires me to have to do it everytime I reboot my computer.  It's kind of a lengthy process and I've looked just about everywhere for perm. fixes for this error but have come up empty.  I've had just about enough of d...

HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error
Hello all, I have .NET working swimmingly on my Win 2K laptop. I'm in the process of trying to get it working on my home PC, running Win XP Pro. IIS installed fine, .NET framework and the software installed fine, but here's the situation. Whenever I try to create a new web application in Vis Studio .NET 2003, I get the following error: The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/test'. HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error'. I did some further testing, and found the following: -IIS is up, and...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
please help today I instaled MS IIS, MS Framework 1.1 and MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 When I try to create new project (ASP.NET Web Application) on localhost it gives error message. I runned the aspnet_regiis.exe -i already, but it didn't help ...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I am doing a mobile application via Visual Studio.Net 2003 and encounter this error message: " The Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost.MobileWebApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error' when I tried to open my project file or start a new project. How can I debug this error? Please help. Googling your question I found: "When you create a Web Application project, Visual Studio creates the default project settings for debugging. When you choose Start from the Debug menu, ...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I installed VS2003 on my pc but when i try to create a new project http://localhost/xyz/webapplication1 it gives HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error.  anyone have idea on whats wrong?  I repaired vs2003, reinstalled iis but still getting this error.  ...

http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.i am using xp professional,sql 7.0,.net 1.1                       PLEASE HELP ME                                    ...

Error HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error with Indy FireDac DataSnap XE7
*I made a server application that calling the methods by browse, everything works perfect,* *but to test my methods build a client using TdHTTP it and call the methods as follows:* procedure TF_CLIENTE.SBEnviar2Click(Sender: TObject); var Url : String; lJSO : String; jsonToSend : TStringStream; begin Url := 'http://localhost:809...ecomandoPOST/'; lJSO := ('{"name":"TESTE"}'); jsonToSend := TStringStream.Create(lJSO,TEncoding.UTF8); idHttp.ProxyParams...

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
After scouring forums, I'm still totally baffled about what causes the HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error: "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/DotNetNuke'. I've tried the following without success: iisreset /stop net user ASPNET /delete aspnet_regiis -i iisreset /start And I've given ASPNET full control over the virtual directory. Plus I've reinstalled XP Pro (!), IIS and the DNN 2.1.2 zip. Nothing works. Could the 500.htm error be a clue? What exactly i...

Web resources about - http/1.1 500 Server Error - asp.net.config-deploy

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Dell announces Datacenter Scalable Solutions server line
In an effort to expand its share of the server market, Dell has announced today that it will be launching a new line of servers targeting companies ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Samsung starts mass production of 128GB DDR4 modules for enterprise servers
Samsung Electronics has announced that it is mass producing the industry's first TSV DDR4 memory in 128GB modules for enterprise servers and ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

HPE, Dell Stay Atop Growing Global Server Market
Demand for rack systems and growth of hyperscale data centers help drive growth of x86-based systems, according to IDC and Gartner analysts. ...

It's The End Of The Server As We Know It
The market for enterprise server hardware has experienced a pretty boring run, ­as the basic server building block has not changed significantly ...