How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0

I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 .

I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft.

When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created".

And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?

 Best Regards

0
eske49152

To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to VS2005 ;-)

You can however, configure IIS to run a vs2003 app in the 2.0 framework (assuming your app is compatible).  Just right click the virtual directory in IIS manager and choose the ASP.NET tab.  You can select either framework version.

If you're running both 1.1 and 2.0 apps on your server, you MUST isolate them from each other in seperate App Pools.

A single App Pool can only use one version of the framework at a time.  I always create a seperate App Pool (using IIS Manager) and then move my 2.0 apps into that new pool.

Mike Banavige
mbanavige