How to include 2 installers(msi) in one installer(msi)?

I have made two installers for two different applications ie. msi files. Now I want to make a single .msi file which  installs these two applications.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Regards,
N@vEeD Kh@N
0
naveed_khan

You can create a master MSI then executes the 2 other MSIs.

0
jimmy
1/5/2008 11:35:58 PM

Currently I am doing the way you suggested.
It will install the things.
But how the uninstall will performed.
If the user uninstall the mater Setup then it should uninstall the child installers too.

How this will work?

Regards,
N@vEeD Kh@N
0
naveed_khan
1/7/2008 10:54:55 AM

here is a Good Article

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Installation.aspx?print=true

Regards,
N@vEeD Kh@N
0
naveed_khan

(1) MSI installs to my local "web" (2) config problems (3) strange VS installer while creating MSI
Thanks for any help on the following three issues:(1) When I put the MSI that I generated on my FTP server, it tries to install to the virtual web directory from whence it came on my local machine. (2) I then put a copy of the project directory on the web server. When I ran some of the controls on the first page, I received errors (see below) possibly having to do with web.config, but the description is so vague it's hard for me to tell. I did as I understood the instructions below but I'd appreciate resources. All references to deploying projects didn't ...

MSI installer only installs aspx and web config
hiya, I created an MSI installer prog at home last night and installed at the  office today.It only installed: 1) aspx 2) web config etc. It didn't install the code behind or the solution files.(I had wanted to work on the project today)I assume that I can't somehow alter the MSI so that it installs ALL the files?(obviously, all the source code and solution files are at home)Do I have to wait till I get home tonight and "recreate " the MSI, so that it installs  all the files? Can someone confirm / deny? many thanks, yogibuy an old van and drive round oz. hiy. OK, ...

MSI Installation #2
Hi, I work in a lab environment where there is a need to install the Office XP global IME packages for Chinese, Korean, Japanese. I have snapshot the installation of these packages, however when a student tries to access this software a Windows installer dialog box appears asking for the location of the msi file (it also does this when logged in as an admin, however it doesn't cause problems because admin has the required permissions). Even if I point to the msi file location, it cannot be installed because the students only have user privledges. If the installer doesn't go t...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

How to deploy updates to MSI installation
My web application uses Crystal Reports so I had to create an MSI to deploy the app to my client. However, I need to give them some additional updates which will only involve a few pages. What is the best and / or easiest ways to distribute the changes to them. Ideally, I'd like to give them just the changes. But because I used an MSI, I can't actually see the files that got copied to the client. All I have is a single MSI file. I believe my deployment allowed the site to be precompiled. How can I determine what files I need to send to update the site? Thanks in advance. -- ZLA...

Multilanguage and MSI installer #2
Name: Nicola Vigano Email: nicolaatnicolavdotit Product: Firefox Summary: Multilanguage and MSI installer Comments: Hi, I'm working for large company and I manage many ssystem with Windows Multilanguage. Why don't you plan for a single version with all languages embedded and a sinmple tools for switch UI? and why don't give windows' users and MSI installer for rapid deployment? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; www.ASPSimply.com; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2) ...

Create MSI installer that Installs as Web Site in IIS
 Hi all, I have used Visual Studio to create an MSI package of my web site, in order to deploy it on my application server. This package installs my site as a Default Web Site in IIS.  Is there any way to create a packagethat installs my site as a new Web site in IIS (i.e. not under Default Web Site)? Much ado about nothing Hi, Web Setup project installs the website into default virtual directory such as "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot". If we want to install the website to another location, we can create Custom Action to create virtual directory that is specified by &q...

MSI installer for AD domain wide agent install
Book instructions state that "MSI installer can be edited to include the Patch Management Server name and serial number. In this way, agents can be deployed through the use of Group Policy Objects." Where can I go to modify the above. I have, on my own made a MSI package w/ Winstall LE but wanted to use the MSI on the CD/extracted files for better deployments. I have over 3500 to deploy to. Please help. Ozesati, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has yo...

can i move all device files from one 11.0.2 installation to another 11.0.2 installation with their server.cfg files ?
are there any problems n doing this ? ...

Perform 2 installation using same MSI
 I am using Visual Studio 2005 to create a setup project that installs a Windows Service and a Windows application on client's machine. I have two different versions of the same application that provide different functionality. Till now, we used to provide two different setups for both versions (let's say version 1 and version 2 ). Now, the requirement is to club both the versions in a single installer package and provide a dialog (similar to the one shown below) using which user can select which version he/she wants to install. I have been able to insert a dialog (using Visual ...

Updated MSI files
After the 10.0.1 update, I expected the new 10.0.1 MSI's to appear in the Program files\Novell\ZENworks\Install\downloads\msi folder, but they did not. Am I wrong to expect the old files to be updated in this location? I found them in two other locations on the server (which is a bit of a waste of space): Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache and work\system-update. -- same here my zenworks-setup has also not been updated with agents for 10.0.1... anyway to solve this ? Marc "Michael Stewart" <mdstewar@cityofdenton.com> wrote in message news:glLPi.1...

Remote Deployment Without MSI Installation?
I was wondering if it is possible and how hard it would be to remote deploy the starter kit without having to install the MSI... I want to use it on my webhost but I do not know if they would install it just for me... I have been testing it on my local server first to see if I can do it. I installed the MSI first to copy the files and configure the web.config file, then I copied the files somewhere else to try to set it up without using the MSI package, then uninstalled it. Installs all files - Copied from files created by MSI package Creates virtual directory - Created a...

Web resources about - How to include 2 installers(msi) in one installer(msi)? - asp.net.config-deploy

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Windows Installer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) is a software component used for the installation, maintenance, and removal of software on modern Microsoft Windows systems. The installation ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Solar Installers San Diego - 619-831-8786 - Call Today - YouTube
Would you like to get solar panels installed in your home or business? The search is over. We are highly qualified and local solar panel contractors ...

Australia's solar installers face another boom and bust
Solar energy installers are expecting a boom then sharp contraction of their businesses as the Abbott government prepares to take an axe to renewable ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
You know you might have a problem when one of the most popular pieces of open source software decides it no longer wants anything to do with ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...