How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server

Hi ,
My IT Director has resigned and I am stuck in the middle of doing his all tasks. For safety reason we removed all functionalities from the developers to deploy any project and only given to IT director. He refuse to help me as he is having problem with the management. I have got a video tutorial for deplying project but not very helpful.

Would any body kindly describe the steps required to setup a .net project or any tutorial can be recommended. I have setup website in IIS and pressing 'Copy Project' button in visual studio .net. The dialog box comes and ask me destination project folder to enter like
http://yourprojectname. I press ok and the error message comes as 'Unable to create Web project 'x'. Not Found'.

Can any body help me please on how to deploy in window 2003?

Many Thanks

0
BravoTwoZero

I'm having a similar problem. When I go to the 'Copy Project' option, the first thing is 'Destination Project Folder' and when I navigate to my web server, inetpub, wwwroot, the folder I want my website in, it gives me the following message.

Microsoft Development Error
You must enter a valid destination URL to copy the project.

I don't really have any experience in the deployment of projects. If anyone has any idea why this is happening I'd really appreciate some guidance.
0
RyanMMurphy

Can't delete projects from Visual Studio .Net IDE 'Start Page'
Please ignore this post. Since posting it I found the solution but I'm not able to delete this post. nikita ...

Web Deployment Project only copies files of 'known' extension??
I have a file with extension .lic in my web directory structure, but when I build the solution includeing the Web Deployment Project, it doesn't appear to copy this file to the Debug/Release directory? Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work around? Where do I define allowable file extensions?   B If you right-click the Web Setup project you should be able to get to View > FileSystem.  Through that window you can manually add your file to be copied to the target computer's bin folder. I don't see that option on VS2005 SP1? Web Setup Project? B My solutio...

"Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. "
i wanted to create a New Project, with Visual Basic Projects as Project Type, and ASP.NET Web Application as the selected Templates. However, there was an error message pop up saying these: "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost/2373/Labs/Lab071' not started on this Web server. " How may i overcome it? Is 2373 already a directory in your web root? How about Labs? It might have something to do with subdirectories, have you tried creating one just off the route? Ala: http://localhost/labs071 ? You might want to try to see if tha...

Error Could not connect to server 'localhost'. when building a web deployment project
Hi all, I get this error when i try to build a web deployment project that is set to "create an iis virtual directory for the output folder". under the deployment option of configuration properties   The actual target folder is located in the vs projects folder under my documents.  I can browse sites using localhost no problem so i surmise this is a permissions issue but i'm not sure what i need to do about it - what permissions do i need to set and where for the web deployment project to be allowed to connect and create the virtual directory - or is someth...

Error: "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server" when running a local web project
I get the above error when I try to run my project.  Any ideas what the configuration of the computer needs to be in order to run VS2005's local web server? Ok, the problem is that I apparently don't have the executable on my machine.  Does anyone know how I can reinstall this executable?  I've tried to repair my .NET studio installation, but no luck. I got same proplem , did you solve it ? if you .. please help me Thanks Top Systems Inc.Coding ServicesBooks Download I accidentally hit my firewall program to block the web server application.  When I fig...

Web Deployment using 'Web Setup Project'
Hi All, In 'Other Project Types', I select 'Web Setup Project' so that I can have a windows installer for my website. Everything is working fine but I am not able to compress all of the code pages into a single dll so that users will not able to view it. Currently, my windows installer will show both xxxx.aspx and  xxxx.aspx.cs pages instead of only xxxx.aspx. Note: In the project output group section, the VS2005 only has 'Content Files'. There are no other selections. Does any one have a suggestion? Thanks for any feedback! Greatly appreciated. Cheers, Frank Frank, To c...

deploy output of 'publish web' in a web application project
 HelloI'm looking for a way to use the output of the WAP publish command in a Web Deployment Project.  Since the deployment projects use msbuild, I thought I could just add the publish command as a BeforeBuild target, but I can't seem to find out how to publish a WAP from the command line.My whole reason for wanting this is because I like that the publish web command will copy 'only files needed to run this application' (and only files in the project), but I don't want to copy my .config files and you can exclude files in a web deployment project.Thanks! Jo...

What's the different of Web Application Projects and Web Deployment Projects ?
What's the different of Web Application Projects and Web Deployment Projects ?I have read some articles about WAP and WDP, but i feel confuse between WAP / WDP and  aspnet_compiler.exe under .NET Framework folder .because all of them is use for deploy the web application and compile the resource (eg. *.VB, *.aspx ,*.ASCX etc...) to a single or mutli assambly Library, so i wonder what the different between them. i can using aspnet_compiler.exe to compile a library simply , so why i need WAP / WDP?My Blog : http://mingalive.mysinablog.comMy Web : http://www.aspvista.net ...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

Web Deployment Project 2008 doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 SDK
Why ??? After removing Visual Studio 2008 SDK all works egain as expected How can I make them work together on the same machine ??? Hi, What do you mean it doesn't work? Did you get any error message? I test it on my machine, and it works fine with Visual Studio 2008 SDK. I download Visual Studio 2008 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=30402623-93ca-479a-867c-04dc45164f5b&displaylang=en I download Visual Studio® 2008 Web Deployment Projects - RTW from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C...

Digimaker .NET CMS released Developer's Kit
This October 1st Microsoft ISV Partner, ‘Digimaker.com’ released Software Developer’s Kit for Microsoft Certified Partners. In a nutshell, Digimaker Content Management NetServer 5.1 is a 100% .NET-based, C#-written, web-based Content Management platform meant for editors, authors, developers and .NET solution houses. The .NET CMS platform comes with built-in Microsoft Office integration, Active directory integration and an SDK for Microsoft Visual Studio 2003.  We are currently looking for Solution Business Partners for World wide, who has a strong focus in the Content Management Segmen...

How to programablly control the 'Project Output' in Setup Project of vs.net?
My solution has several projects, some are windows applications and some are web applications. I hope user can select the apps which he wants to install during the installation. I create a Setup Project in vs.net and added "primary output" and other related resources of those projects in. I also added some dialogs and created custom actions. I can execute the my script (sql script) in installer class, but still don't know how to control the installation of each project in my code. I mean whether to install or not. Does anyone has some suggestions to me? And can I add a c...

Web resources about - How to deploy .net project via 'copy project' in Visual Studio from your local machine to your web development server - asp.net.config-deploy