How to deploy a modified web page in to the web server

Hello

I have used aspnet_compiler to pre-compile my web application, and then uploaded the whole set of files to the webserver. Everything is fine, now i made a little change in one of the files. How can i deploy the modified file, with out recompiling and deploying the whole set of files again. Can i precompile and upload that changed file alone? Please advice

Srini

0
svakula

1) You have to recompile.  No option here.

2) If you do not want to deploy all the files, I think you can just upload the changed ASPX file and the dll in the bin.]

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

deploy dymanic web pages to the web with EA Server instead of PowerDynamo / Power Site
I recently purchased EAServer and need to know how to deploy dymanic web pages to the web with EA Server instead of PowerDynamo / Power Site as I currently do. What do I need to know to make this transition? Can someone point me to the documentation to help learn this task. How will updating from PB v7 to v8 affect the above issues? Thank you in advance for your help. B.C.I You can still use PowerDynamo as your page server, or you could use JSP. In any event, assuming you purchased EAServer 4.0 there is a "cookbook" in the online documentation (http://localhost:...

Web Deployment Projects: Web.config sections <system.web>
I like "Web Deployment Projects" a lot - WELL done!I encounter the following by trying to replace the system.web config section in Web.config.During the build I get   Web.config (1): error WDP00002: missing section system.web.I can replace other parts of the Web.config, like appSettings, connectionStrings and even system.runtime.remoting, but not system.web.Any ideas? Thankx! I think you have the honors of finding the first bug.  We're using Configuration.Sections[] to acess the replaceable sections and it doesn't appear to work with system.web.I'll enter the bug. ...

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

Web Deployment Project - Config Properties
I'm using a Web Deployment Project to compile my web site. In the Property Pages - Configuration Properties - Deployment section, there is an option to 'Enable Web.config file section replacement'. I have this working to replace certain sections of my web.config for each build config (release/staging/dev). I think this makes sense so other developers do not have to remember to change the web.config file. HOWEVER, this only seems to work when replacing parts of web.config; such as appSettings, connectionString, etc. This would require me to have separate config files for each section and bui...

WEb Deployment project issue: How do i allow updates to Various sections in web.config in the target server as part of installation ?
1) I've got  a web.config whose sections related to the application be it for SMTP settings and other sections related to the application should be editable while deploying it in the target web server 2) I don't want to use 'Replace Config files' option Is there an existing MSBuild task that can be used to accomplish this?  Or do i have to roll-out a Window application and launch that as part of the task to get this done and put this in the one of the build phases be it "After Build"    3) Also, WebDeployment projects use the F...

how to encrypt web.config during web application deployment
I am developing a web application using ASP.NET, VS 2008, Framework 3.5I want to encrypt my web.config at the end of application installation (Installer.Commit event).How do I do this ? Check this.. http://visualstudiomagazine.com/columns/article.aspx?editorialsid=2752 http://blogs.msdn.com/publicsector/archive/2005/11/08/490319.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." If you want to encrypt your web.config you can have a look at this link http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/01/09/434893.aspxFaraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD....

Web Deployment Project multiple Web.config
I have found an easy way to have multiple web.config files and have Visual Studio Copy the correct one into the project depending on the configuration. Just add a copy tag to the taret tag like so. <Target Name="AfterBuild"> <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Staging|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\webDeployStaging.config" DestinationFiles="$(OutputPath)\Web.config"></Copy> <Copy Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' " SourceFiles="$(SourceWebPhysicalPath)\webDeployProduction.config" DestinationFiles="$(Outpu...

Web.Config error when deploying a web service
I have been building a simple distributed app with a web service and have had it working perfectly on my test setup (My WinXP Pro as the client, SmallBusinessServer 2k3 / IIS 6 / .Net Framework 1.1). When deploying the web service to our production server (Small Business Server again, identical setup, I believe) using VS.net 2003 and a simple copy project deployment I receive the following error. Can anyone help ? Error code as follows: Server Error in '/DimEX' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error ...

Web resources about - How to deploy a modified web page in to the web server - asp.net.config-deploy

List of varieties of genetically modified maize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ Deliberately cultivated tolerance has effects similar to the naturally acquired traits of resistance in pest species, i.e., enhanced capacity ...

Retro Cars - The coolest modified classic cars on the App Store on iTunes
Get Retro Cars - The coolest modified classic cars on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Modified Photo: "Starry sky over Ontario farm" - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

AmbiPi modified XBMC showing Avatar fire scene + Telldus Control, Raspberry Pi with custom PixelPi
Veröffentlicht am 14.03.2013 Home theathere with modified XBMC running AmbiPi, Raspberry Pi with custom PixelPi showing Avatar fire scene. ...

St Kilda recruit Nathan Freeman to begin pre-season on Monday with modified program
While Jake Carlisle will start the pre-season with St Kilda's youngest players, Nathan Freeman will only be there in part.

Perth gas buses to be modified after fires
Perth's fleet of 474 natural gas-fuelled buses will be taken off the road in stages over the next 18 months so all vehicles can be modified following ...

Modified online children's privacy rules take effect in US - U.S. Federal Trade Commission, regulation ...
Some websites and mobile app developers are confused about how to comply with revised rules governing the online collection of personal information ...

Genetically modified food: The truth about GMO food
IT&#8217;S accused of causing cancer, destroying the environment and storing up devastating health risks for our children. Genetically modified ...

Organic farmer takes genetically modified crop case to WA High Court of Appeal
An organic farmer who failed in a bid to sue his neighbour after genetically modified canola blew onto his West Australian property wants to ...

Sunnybank house modified to accommodate '$2 million cannabis crop'
A Sunnybank rental property was &quot;extensively modified&quot; to accommodate about 450 cannabis plants growing inside, police claim.