How to copy web site or publish web site

Hello:

 I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.

 I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.

How could I copy or publish .net to the server?

 Your help is highly appreciated

0
halfmoon

Having HTTP respond doesn't mean FTP is installed.  Check the target server and make sure FTP service is installed and running.

VS.NET 2k5 & VWD support multiple methods to upload your site, FTP, HTTP (FrontPage) and File system.  If you use HTTP, you must install FrontPage extension on the target site.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
3/14/2007 4:17:43 AM

Hello:

 Thank you very much for your help.

 I installed FPT service at the remote server and Frontpage extension, but I got error when clicking copy FTP site. The log file showed the error:

 Copy from 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SqlConnect1' to 'ftp://172.16.22.2/' started at 3/19/2007 3:39:21 PM.

            Copy file Default.aspx from source to remote Web site.
            Has error -- Unable to add 'Default.aspx' to the Web.  550 Default.aspx: Access is denied.
            Copy file Default.aspx.cs from source to remote Web site.
            Has error -- Unable to add 'Default.aspx.cs' to the Web.  550 Default.aspx.cs: Access is denied.
            Copy file Web.Config from source to remote Web site.
            Has error -- Unable to add 'Web.Config' to the Web.  550 Web.Config: Access is denied.

Copy from 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SqlConnect1' to 'ftp://172.16.29.9/' is finished. Completed at 3/19/2007 3:39:21 PM.

 I clicked remote site, I got error:

 Unable to open the web'http://servername/IntranetTest/. There is not server on port 443 at 'servername'. You have selected the connect using SSL option. This connection problem may indicated that the server does not support secure sockets layer(SSL) communication, or that it uses SSL comunicaton on a different port number.

I never choosed SSL option. How can I get this error? How to solved it?

 Your help is highly appreciated.

0
halfmoon
3/19/2007 8:47:11 PM

Crying

Hello:

 Does anyone who has this problem before? Is there anyone who could help me out?

halfmoon
3/20/2007 8:09:36 PM

You have multiple problems here

1) You probably did not set up the FTP service correctly.  Make sure the user has change access to the ftp site (you can do that using File explorer)

2) Regarding the HTTPS error.  Check your IIS configuration

- Directory Security Tab
- Under Secure Communication
- Make sure you didn't check REquire Secure Channel.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
3/21/2007 12:18:13 AM

Bruce:

 Thank you so much for  your help.

I checked ISS configuration. Under Directory Security Tab, I could not see if require secure channel checked for secure communication or not. View certificate and edit are disabled. However, I still got same error as before when choosing remote site deployment.

How to get it work?  Your help is highly appreciated.

0
halfmoon
3/22/2007 4:41:36 PM

I think this is an IIS configuration issue.

I think you should get better response in the IIS forum.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

Copy Web Site & Publish Web Site
So I need some help understanding this.I had been using VS2005 Beta 2 to work on an internal site.  To put a new version up on the web server, I used the Publish feature.  Worked great.A co-worker will be assisting with some of the changes now.  Since she doesn't have VS2005, she downloaded VWD.  I removed my VS2005 and installed VWD so that I could get a feel for what she'll be using (she's new to .NET dev; I'm new to ASP.NET).  One of the things missing from VWD is the Publish feature.  Doh!So my question is, how does this work in terms of compiling code? ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Web site error after publishing web site
Hi, I'm on shared hosting. I have developed a site locally and uploaded it using ftp to my host so that I could test the payment gateway insitu. That is to say I uploaded the aspx pages, the codebehinds and the class files in the App_Code folder. Everything worked fine and I'm pretty much finished so I thought to myself that I should use the Publish process in VS.NET 2005 instead. I did that and then uploaded the published files to the site. Big mistake. I now get a compilation error that I just can't get rid of. The error is: Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exis...

Update publish web site without doing down the web site?
HI, I have a web site which is production server.I want to do minor change like change text of a label. I want to do it without doing down to web site. Thanks in advance.  just edit the aspx file that you need to ... it won't put down the server at all, the user wont't see anything! ...

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

Web Deployment Project with Copy Web Site
I just tried the Web Deployment Project, and it solved all the manual steps I had to do with deployment earlier. Thanks for this great tool! But I also like the Copy Web Site tool, but I cannot get these two to work together. The problem is that Copy Web Site tool is locked to the directory of the web project, while the output of the Web Deployment Project is located in another directory: My webproject: MyWebProject/* My deploymentproject: MyWebProject_deploy/Release/* If only I could change the Source Directory in the Copy Web Tool it would be great, but I haven't figured out how...

how to package VS Web Site App to be published as a Project web site on a production web server in a sub folder of the main website
Hi, I created a VS2k5 Website and used the web site using the small business starter kit as a model.  I published the website to a folder and runs fine.  I decided to copy the website to a folder within another website so when you click on a link it will open up the website start page.  That does not work.  My problem is that I need to publish the website as a project that includes all the tools I used so it can be uploaded to a subfolder into the website and the main webdb page will open.  Is their a way for me to deploy the website a a project? I am open ...

How to deploy a setup project to a web site instead under default web site?
Hi, I like to illustrate my point of confusion. In my case, I can not see any web site defined as virtual directory under Default Web Site over the internet. I like to know how to configure my web setup project, so that I can deploy my new project under the WEB Site instead of under the Ddfault Web Site. I have tried a long time to find out the answer and no luck so far. IIS WebServerName WEB SITE --------------------You can create new web site right click here .........DEFAULT Web Site----You can create new virtual directory right click here ....................FTP ...

How to config Web Site Administration Tool in web hosting 's site?
I 'm uploading my website to Web Hosting site for the first time , Everything went well until i realized that i can't login . The problem is when created login form i use Login and CreateUserWizard tools of asp.net and Web Site Administration Tool to create a database to store registered user in App_Data folder , now i don't know where to change connection string in Web hosting page (there 's no Web Site Administration Tool ), the connection string 's not in web.config file nor any code behind file . So my question is how to config it and also another Web Site Admi...

how transfar data from web site to other web site
hi everybody i need to transfar or move data like user name from one web site to other web site without using sql Server session state is there anyway to complete this thank you very much Hi, the easiest way would be to use the querystring. Mind however that this can be captured so don't put in sensitive data. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hi, Yes you can pass these values in the query string provided you properly encrypt the data and use the same mechanism/logic/utility to encrypt/decrypt...

database web site or file web site
I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the DW does't work why? What error checking is in place? Which method call is failing first? In article <NYTEanGOAHA.267@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com says... > I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a > database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the > DW does't work why? > > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] Corporate Tech...

Enbeding a web site into another web site
Hi, I have a website and I want to reference another website from within but I still want the same menus displayed. For example I want the call to the external website from within my website. I have a masterpage and I want the website to be within a ContentPlaceHolder. Any ideas?  Thanks In the ContentPlaceHolder you can place an IFrame and show that website.For iframe features you can lookhttp://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.aspHope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::...

Deploy VS 2003 Web Site with web services Web Refrences
I have developed a web site that communicate with web services in another server, but when i was running it locally on my development machine it was working fine, but now when i have deployed on the server, i have changed the URL on the web refrences folder to point to the web services server. But it keeps giving me Page Not Found 404 error. As it couldnt find the web services, even though when i put the same URL in browser it gets the services okay?  When deploy web services, is there any other task that i should do rather than chaging the URL of web refrences in the .disco, .wsd...

Web resources about - How to copy web site or publish web site - asp.net.config-deploy

Publish and Subscribe (Mac OS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it extended the existing cut and paste editing model with a notification system; "subscribers" could include parts of "published" documents within ...

Mac OS X Users Can Publish To Facebook Directly From Desktops With Moment App
Mac users running OS X now have a way to publish to Facebook directly from their desktops with Tapmates ’ release of its Moment application. ...

Report: Facebook Personal Profiles To Soon Get Twitter Publish Feature
The latest part to Facebook’s open strategy is about to arrive, according to TechCrunch: Users will be able to post to Twitter from their Facebook ...

Quick Publish for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Quick Publish on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BandPage Announces BandPage Everywhere: Update Once, Publish Everywhere - YouTube
When we built BandPage on Facebook, a lot of you asked if you could "take it with you" to your Website and blog. So we created BandPage Everywhere ...

Hockey wrong: ATO did publish tax dodgers' names
The Tax Commissioner says publishing taxpayers' personal details would be &quot;unprecedented&quot;, the treasurer says &quot;confidentiality ...

'Publish or perish' diminishing scientific returns
Australia's research output is being hampered by a "creative recession" that is independent of funding cuts.

Woman's Day to publish pregnant Duchess of Cambridge photos
... can reveal that Woman's Day will run the controversial shots in Monday's edition. The Italian gossip magazine Chi has already published the ...

Undercover journalists publish firsthand account of asylum seeker journey to Australia
An undercover journalist has detailed how he and a photographer posed as asylum seekers and took an epic journey from Afghanistan's shady currency ...

Princess Diana - 'Do Not Publish'
A never before seen photograph of Princess Diana with another man, two days after her engagement was announced, is set to be released.