How can I create a Setup Project in VS.NET That Creates a Database

How can I create a Setup Project in VS.NET which creates a database on a selected
server during setup?
0
TImalle

Hi TImalle,

Here is the link for your requirement.

Walkthrough: Using a Custom Action to Create a Database at Installation

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/49b92ztk(VS.80).aspx

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

How to create database and run it in Web Project Setup (VS.NET 2003)
I already create a Web Setup Project by VS.NET 2003. And I have some script files (*.sql) for creating database in SQL Server. How can I use it. I want the Web Setup Project creates for me a new database using script files (*.sql). It's like the Rainbow Portal Setup (sourceforge.net) or the instalation of ASP.NET forums. Can everyone help me ? I'm confused. Do you mean you want to create a database using scripts everytime you create a new project in Visual Studio? If that's it, look at this article on altering Enterprise Templates. Even if you don't use Enterprise Templates, it expl...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Benefits of creating a Web Deployment project for a Setup project for a website vs a Web Setup project
I'm creating an installer for a website.The only thing I require as input from the user (in Custom Actions) is settings for the web.config. My initial approach was to create a Deployment project from my web project ans use this as input to the Setup project.Couldn't I use a Web Setup project instead of a Web Deployment + Setup project to do the same thing?Issues I have found with the Web Deployment is that I cannot edit it's contents at installation time, I'm taking user input at installation time to write to the web.config that the Installer uses but of course this file is embedded in the W...

Adding Create database user, Create database and Create Administrator UI Dialogs in Web Deployment Project
Hi guys,Are any of you adept at creating these UI dialogs for their web deployment projects? I need to be able to create a new user, create a new connectionstring, run a DB build script, and create an administrator account during the web deployment process.I must also be able to edit some settings with IIS.How do you go about doing these in VS2005 Web Deployment Projects? I know I can add new dialogs for the install process, but don't know what to do next.Thanks!http://dotnet.kapenilattex.com...

Creating a Custom Event Log in a VS.NET deployment project
I have a web site i want to deploy using a VS.NEt set up project. I have no problems with that, that is fine and works no problem. But the web application uses a custom event log to log application messages. The asp.net application will not be running under an account with administrative permissions and so this will not be able to create the custom event log. So i wanted to be able to create this during the setup program. As this will have to be run using an admisitrative account. Can this be done? How can it be done? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks Ant ht...

Can I create a new website in IIS with a .NET web setup project?
Hello, Basically, I would like to configure my web setup project to create a new website in IIS rather than simply creating the virtual directory.  Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks. File | New | Web site Pick HTTP specify site address like http://localhost/MySite  Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.   FredEH:web setup project to create a new website in IIS rather than simply creating the virtual directory Hi FredEH, Based on my understandi...

VS.NET Can't create any projects on local IIS
Everytime I try to create a new web project from within VS.NET (2003), it returns an HTTP 1.0 500 Error. I then look in the event logs to get a more detailed description and see an Error raised by W3SVC -- with event id of 36 The error says: The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The specified metadata was not found. Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated as I am dead in the water. I have IIS 5.0 w/ Framework 1.1 installed, btw.In this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't....

How to deploy a VS.VB net project to websever withour VS.net
The VB app is developed on VS.net professional. I plan to deploy it on a web server that doesn't have VS.net. Would the code behind files cause problems? Should I compile the app and deploy the assembly only? I'd appreciate some quickstart tips on how to deploy a VS.net VB project to websever withour VS.net. Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" The only thing you would need to do is compile the project and push the .aspx files and the bin folder to the server, and of course any other sub-folders that are used in your app like images. The...

Can't create Web project using Vs.Net 2003
Sorry, I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find any relevant solutions. Trying to create a Web project at: http://myserver.com/myapp, but I get this message: "The default Web access method for this project is set to file share, but the project folder at 'http://myserver.com/myapp' cannot be opened with the path '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp'. The error returned was: Unable to create Web project 'myapp'. The UNC share '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp' does not exist or you do not have access. It then asks if I would like to retry using path '\\myserver.com\wwwr...

VS .NET 2003 can't create new web project
This post was moved from the Microsoft Technical Forums on MSDN: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9402 hi,after install the .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect. I can't create any new web application (ASP.NET web application)it gives the following error message. It works for Windows ApplicationThe Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Wb project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.What I am doing wrong? Please help!-FrontPage Extension install...

Issue using control created in VS.net 2003 in VS.net 2002
I have a friend that has an issue using my asp.net C# custom control in Visual Studio.net 2002 that I have compiled under Visual Studio.net 2003. I never did test it with that version, but I was under the impression that it should still work as long as you don't use any features specific to the 1.1 framework (which I really don't think I did). My guess now is that this is correct, but only when using 2002 controls in 2003. I have searched the web, these forums, and MSDN for the last 30 minutes with no real answer. The guy that runs MetaBuilders (http://www.metabuilders.com/Faq.aspx) tell...

Create SQL Server Project in VB.NET 2.0 (Database Project)
Hi all  How can create trigger in sql server project in VB.NET 2.0 ?thanks in advance   Mitesh Darji Hi miteshdarji , How can create trigger in sql server project in VB.NET 2.0 ? Do you want to create a database trigger thru vb.net ? If yes you can assign "CREATE TRIGGER" statement to a sqlcommand and then call sqlcommand.executenoquery. Standard create trigger statement is as following: Trigger on an INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement to a table or view (DML Trigger) CREATE TRIGGER [ schema_name . ]trigger_name ON { table | view } [ WITH <dml_tr...

Web resources about - How can I create a Setup Project in VS.NET That Creates a Database - asp.net.config-deploy

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.