Help with Server Error in '/' Application

 hi whenever i try to go enter some site this comes up, does anyone know how to fix this. i am using window xp home

thanks,

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

  <%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ASP.my_addshout_aspx.cr(Object sender, EventArgs e) +311
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +31
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3214

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
0
anotherdamnasian

anotherdamnasian:
whenever i try to go enter some site this comes up, does anyone know how to fix this. i am using window xp home

Is this your website? If not, there's not much you can do to fix it, other than contact the person who owns the site.

If this is your site, make sure <customErrors mode="Off" /> is set in Web.config. Then you will be able to see the runtime exception.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
4/10/2006 11:38:56 PM
Follow the error message and enabled debugging in your web.config.  This will show you the offending code.

View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse Proxy

Only $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005
0
nberardi

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Deployment error(Server Error in '/' Application.)
i have deployed website it giving following error. i have already set  mode ="off",but html pages are working fine  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to b...

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Server Error in '/' Application......help
I bought new hosting but getting the following error, the same app. is working at one free server. The guys at hosting company could'nt figure out this. I tried things what are suggested in this error but to no avail. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be vi...

Server Error in '/' Application...Help!!!!!!!!
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am using the new VS2008 and when I run it locally it works great. But when I upload it to an IIS7 Server it blowsup every time, and no matter what I do it justs keeps doing the same thing. Here is the Error message that I get and it is the same everytime.  Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!   Server Error in '/' Application. Request is not available in this context Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and...

Help!! Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi Everyone,  I'm having some problems I need help with...  When I run my asp.net vb app in Visual Studio, it works fine, when I run it on a IIS server, when I login, it errors out! Any code that doesn't login works fine. I incorporated my ASPNETDB tables into an access database with a C# membership class.  I am using an Access data as my provider, Here is a portion of my web config. I have been searching foumns and such for the last two days.  Thanks Bill  <connectionStrings> <add name="Green CardConnectionString"connectionString=&...

Help me for Server Error in '/' Application.
I am getting an errorServer Error in '/' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an app...

server error in '/' Application Incorrect syntax near ','.
This code used to work now I get an error(error follows code)  can anyone tell me where I went wrong?[vbcode]i = 0            For i = 0 To 7                If requests(i) <> "" Then                    request = requests(i)                    Dim sql1 As String =...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, I am new with asp.net i made very simple program , like if u press button then in label1 it will show fosiul. I can run it with my computer , but when i uploaded it at my web server, fosiul.co.uk , then it giving me Server Error in '/' Application error message and also Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To ena...

help! Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
When I finish install the dnn2.0 , the page beccome: Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was...

PLEASE HELP! Server Error in '/' Application.
 I've tried to find an answer to this question but as of yet haven't.  Let me preface this by saying that I don't really know much about asp.net as I'm just beginning to learn about it.  I followed the simple steps to set up my personal web page, made sure asp.net 2.0 is set up on my host/server and copied/ftp'd my site to the host.  I previously deleted off of it anything that was there, so there should be no file on the server that is causing problems there.  But when I try to pull up my page in a browser this is what I get: Server Error in '/' Application. ...

Please Help : Server Error in '/' Application.
Hi , i am running a simple aspx web on win 2000 Pro IIS Server. i am continuously getting the following error, it happen with every aspx extension. i checked the web but didnt find any correct solution. i have installed dotnet frame work. PLeaseeeeeeee , help me . here is the error ******************************* Server Error in '/' Application. Server cannot access application directory 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\'. The directory does not exist or is not accessible because of security settings. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current ...

Web resources about - Help with Server Error in '/' Application - asp.net.config-deploy