Help urgent! The file " '/application/Default.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested." error

I have been using the following to compile my apps.

CD C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
aspnet_compiler  -m /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Application C:\deploy\Application
pause

It compiles without any errors but when I copy it to the production server I get the following error:

The file '/application/Default.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/_reportGenerator/Default.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/_reportGenerator/Default.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +3096390
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +111
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
   System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +139
   System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +161

NOTE: it works fine if I just copy the files without compilation.

This error only appears when I use asp.net AJAX, other apps compile just fine.

How can i get a more specific message, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if this post answered your question
Life's good
My Site
0
aspdotnetjunkie

Have you tried to compile your application from Visual Studio (Build -> Publish)?

0
kipo
5/19/2008 7:35:43 PM

Have not tried it but this is not an option. We have a standard way of compiling the apps using batch files. Any other ideas?

Again the app only throws this error when compiled and uses the asp.net ajax framework extension.

Thanks

Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if this post answered your question
Life's good
My Site
0
aspdotnetjunkie
5/20/2008 11:41:51 AM

I tried to use publish just for hahas and i get :

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Don't forget to "Mark as Answer" if this post answered your question
Life's good
My Site
0
aspdotnetjunkie
5/20/2008 12:26:46 PM

aspdotnetjunkie:
Any other ideas?

Stop using AJAX or change the compiling process.

Jeff

jeff
5/20/2008 12:33:36 PM

jeff@zina.com:

aspdotnetjunkie:
Any other ideas?

Stop using AJAX or change the compiling process.

Jeff

Not an option. Here is the stack when using publish from VS

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   System.Web.Script.Services.WebServiceData.GetWebServiceData(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean failIfNoData, Boolean pageMethods) +395
   System.Web.Script.Services.PageClientProxyGenerator.GetClientProxyScript(HttpContext context, IPage page, Boolean debug) +45
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterServices() +776
   System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPagePreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +244
   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
   System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +2063008
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2247

 So it has to do something with the scriptmanager.

So what I don't understand is why does it work fine when not compiled?