Help needed to deploy application

can anybody gimme an idea abt how to create an automatic setup for my ASP.Net website

(Including creating SQL server databases, copying files, creating user accounts etc..)
i am looking for something in the lines of the ASP.Net Sample Portal Application setup.
It is quite urgent.
0
kdeepak

You may check here for Deploying Applications and Components.
jimmym
7/30/2003 9:52:15 PM
Hi -

I'm also looking for advice on creating MSIs. I have been reading the info on MSDN. But I was wondering if there was a handy step-by-step article somewhere. I would love to create something exactly like the ASP.NET starter kits.
Thanks
Heather
0
schneiderhe

Need Help---Deploying VB.NET Application ???
Hi y'all. I need your help in my vb.net application.I have a VB.NET application, that is ready to deployed on a target pc. The thing is the target pc doesn't have a .NET framework installed, so I try to include a file called "dotnetfxredist_x86.msm" file from the detected dependencies. But when I build the project it causing errors, saying that :F:\Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Get User IP Address\Get User IP Address.vdproj dotNETFXRedist_x86_enu.msm must not be used to redistribute the .NET Framework.  Please exclude this merge module.The error saying that I have t...

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Deploying HMC 3.5 Deployment step help needed.
Hello, I am looking to deploy HMC for hosted exchange. This is our first experience with HMC / Microsoft Provisioning. My company has an SPLA agreement, and the Installation media. I have read through the deployment instructions several times, but I'm still not sure how to deploy it in our enviroment. We are running a non-clustered, Front end - Back end enviroment of exchange 2003 enterprise edition with SP2. I currenly one have: 1 front end "which is a DC", 1 back end "not a DC", and a seperate 2003 standard server running MSSQL 2000 enterprise with SP4. I am not ...

Application Deployment
Greetings all, I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me... On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater... I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application deployment. I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following: - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0 - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES - MY APPLICATION Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install: - msvcr71.dll - msvcp71.dll - atl71.dll I don't know how to do...

Need help with vs.net and msde deployment
I have a website that I have created locally with vs.net. I also created the database using the vs.net database controls. Here is my issue. I need to get my web pages on the hosting server and place my msde database on the sql server database. Will I have to re-create every table and stored procedure, or what? Is there some way to 'disconnect' my database in vs.net and port it up to the sql server database? Then will I only have to place my asp.net files on the web host? If you have a SQL Server setup at your service you can use the Import/Export Data Wizard to copy the data and ...

Deploying and Re-deploying applications
I deploy my asp.net apps by dragging and throwing bin folder and aspx files into the root directory of my hosted server. If I make any changes to my app, I re-deploy my app by again dragging and throwing bin folder and aspx files into the root directory of my hosted server. My question is: (1) What happens when a user is using my website, and I re-deploy my asp.net applcation? (2) How do I ensure that when I re-deploy my asp.net app, it does not affect the users who are already on my site. regards Well, when you change the web.config file the application restarts. This kill...

Need help deploying the "Initialize Actice directory for Hosting" from the HMC 4.0
Hi everone, can someone please help me get past this error: Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.DeploymentExceptionDeploymentFailedMessage: Deployment interrupted because of a failure. See inner exception.     Exception: Microsoft.Provisioning.DeploymentTool.Engine.NamedProcedureException    Message: <errorContext description="UpdateACL/The parameter is incorrect." code="0x80070057" executeSeqNo="493"><errorSource namespace="Active Directory Provider" procedure="Update ACL" /><...

Deploy C++ bildure XE2 application on Amazon(I need help) [Edit]
Hi every one please,any one can help me about how I can deploy C++ builder XE2 application on Amazon (cloud) Thanks Edited by: Arwa Fadel on Dec 3, 2011 6:13 AM ...

pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects
pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects thanks for satisfying my curiousity:)Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Hello, Because the VS2003 deployment projects don't have as many functionalities as InstallShield. A simple example - from VS2003 deployment project you can't start the application automatically (or if user selects) after install. RegardsFlorin Antoci...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

Help needed to deploy
I am looking for someone to help deploy the DotNetNuke portal and setup my initial websites and e-commerce functions on a host. Although I'm have a current hosting company, I could consider an alternative. Any support would be appreciated and I am reachable online at 1@2002.co.za Hi JustinMinnaar, See post http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=828575 or http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=671187----------------- ~ RaMiL ~ ----------------- Justin, If you decide to go with someone like webhost4life they have an auto instal...

Need help with deployment
I been looking at this now for 5 days and its driving me nuts and i need some help. I have uploaded mysite to a test server which is some free hosting from http://aspdotnet.sk/ in the admin area of aspdotnet.sk there is a Database - Connection String Generator which gives me the connection string to add in to my web config for the database connection i have added that string into my web config on a test page and it works http://marker.qsh.eu/Default12.aspx But when i try it on any other of my connection strings i keep getting server Error in '/' Application what am i missing as all i sa...

Web resources about - Help needed to deploy application - asp.net.config-deploy

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...

The 3 Things That Can Happen With Your Early College Application
... Decision to wait as patiently as they can for the next two weeks as email inboxes and snail mail slots fill with the results of all those applications. ...