Help - "Installation Incomplete" When Installing Web Application

Hi,

1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe
file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This
was four weeks ago.
2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my
development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package.
3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the
web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago
(thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I installed the web application using the installation
package created in 2) above. However I got this error message: Installation Incomplete.
The details given were:

"The installer was interrupted before LDD_WebSetup could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."
I tried every options (including rebooting the server) I could think of to overcome this problem but to no avail. So I use the same deployment package created in 2) above to install the web application on a different Server (SPC5Server) and everything works fine.
Does anyone have any idea how I can overcome this error?.
Thanks in advance.
Hakl
0
hakl

Remove the LDD_WebSetup from Registry. if you have Norton Windoctor you can check the Registry using that before. Remove the LDD_WebSetup folder from your IIS virtual directory and the root physical directory. Reinstall it again. Hope it'll work

0
Tawhidzaman

app.config and web.config deployments and installers
I use web deployment projects for changing web.config values based on the configuration build types I have setup (dev/test/stage/prod) and it works excellent for building installers in multiple environments.  Now, I am trying to do the same the Windows Applications.  How can I automate the changing of app.config values based on the build configuration (dev/test/stage/prod)?  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,Chris...

Applications that Install the .NET while installing the app.
Does anyone know what applications currently install the .net framework? Specifically, I'm interested in which Microsoft applications install the .net framework without needing a separate download. For example, does Office 2003 install the .NET framework when the application is installed? Thanks in advance for the help. Steve usually the .net framework is installed by the manufacturer along with the OS. so almost every comp thats being shipped now with win xp has .net 1.1 hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks for th...

install new web application with new web.config settings
Hello I like to know how other people are dealing with settings that are stored in the web.config and different versions of your application. - Are you making a smart setup.exe that will update the web.config?- store settings somewhere else that's easier to update (where??)- other options.. Thanks for sharing! Marco...

MSI installer only installs aspx and web config
hiya, I created an MSI installer prog at home last night and installed at the  office today.It only installed: 1) aspx 2) web config etc. It didn't install the code behind or the solution files.(I had wanted to work on the project today)I assume that I can't somehow alter the MSI so that it installs ALL the files?(obviously, all the source code and solution files are at home)Do I have to wait till I get home tonight and "recreate " the MSI, so that it installs  all the files? Can someone confirm / deny? many thanks, yogibuy an old van and drive round oz. hiy. OK, ...

installing .net web application
Hi,     I have developed a web application and want to deploy it using vs.net setup project. I have included the .net framework also so that it gets installed on a server where its not already installed. I would like to know if I can automate the installation of IIS also on the server (if not already done) while I deploy my web app. Please guide me on this. Any comments in this regard is most welcome. No, if deploying to a web server, IIS should be installed already.  IIS comes with the operating system server software. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord an...

Install a windows service along with Web-Application installation
Actually I have a 'windows service' as a part of the whole Visual Studio solution (VS.NET 2003). I want to install this 'windows service' as a part of the installation for the actual web-application. I used to do, InstallUtil < service-exe-filename-with-path > from the command prompt for Visual Studio 2003. Can this be included in the installer itself. I guess I should be doing this in the 'Custom Actions' part of the installer. But I don't know, Where to should set the path for .NET framework How to call the 'installutil < filename >'...

How to correctly deploy and install web application ?
I am doing my course project which includes crystal reports too.For my web application I have used SQL Server 2005 for database and Visual Studio 2005 for GUI.Can anyone tell me how to deploy and install web application using Web Setup Project of VS-2005 ? I have developed the web applicatin on the same server in which I want to install it.What are the do's and don'ts which I need to follow for installing the application perfectly ?(IIS 6.0)  This links may help youhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Installation.aspxhttp://www.co...

To install or not to install?

Can't Install XE2 help From Web Installer
Keeps giving me the following error: "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. > {quote:title=Nigel Tavendale wrote:}{quote} > Keeps giving me the following error: > > "Unable to load Plug-in library. Please rebuild your project and make sure all required plugins are installed." > > The main install worked fine - just can't get the help to install. I can't get anything install at all with the s...

WEb Deployment project issue: How do i allow updates to Various sections in web.config in the target server as part of installation ?
1) I've got  a web.config whose sections related to the application be it for SMTP settings and other sections related to the application should be editable while deploying it in the target web server 2) I don't want to use 'Replace Config files' option Is there an existing MSBuild task that can be used to accomplish this?  Or do i have to roll-out a Window application and launch that as part of the task to get this done and put this in the one of the build phases be it "After Build"    3) Also, WebDeployment projects use the F...

Can I open a Web Project application after I install Web Applications Projects?
I have installed the Web Application Projects addin to my VS 2005.  I have used it to convert a web application that was written in VS 2003 to VS 2005. Now I want to open a Web Project application written by another developer on our team.  The Web Project is save in SourceSafe.  When I try to open the Web Project from SourceSafe I get an error "There are no solition or project files in the this location.  Please select a different location".  Am I geting this error because I have the Web Applications Projects installed?  Do I have to uninstall it to work o...

please help me any one i install visual studio 2003 .net.i install iis
please help me about when i open asp.net application project or run then this message is display:-Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: Line 16:   {Line 17:   ...

DNN4.0 Install - Starter kit installed, no application framework template
Hello,I have been using the install instructions at:http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspxand have finally gotten an instance up on one machine.  Now, I'm trying to install on a second machine, and for some reason, the DotNetNuke Web Application Framework template does not appear.I downloaded the starter kit, and ran the .VSI just like on the other machine.  It said that the installation occurred.  I have a template for a DotNet Nuke Web site, but not the application framework.How should I proceed??? Update!I have successfully installed on the second machine.  &nbs...

Web resources about - Help - "Installation Incomplete" When Installing Web Application - asp.net.config-deploy