GAC Installation using Windows Installer 2.0

I have read lot of documents like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dkkx7f79.aspx
which states to use the Windows Installer 2.0 and above to install the dll in GAC. But the samples they have only mention how to use the gacutil, is there any documentation on how to use the Windows Installer 2.0 or above for the dll to install in GAC?

jaydev

From your description, I understand that you want to use installer to insert assembly in GAC on target machine, right?

If so, to deploy an assembly to the target computer GAC with Setup project, we can drag the assemblies to Global Assembly Cache Folder(Right-click File System on Target Machine, click Add Special Folder, and then click Global Assembly Cache Folder). For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324168

We also can try to run some scripts to register assemblies through the Gacutil Tool (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315682) on target machine in Custom Action of Setup Project as you said above.

For the Custom Action example, see http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/15/tip-trick-creating-packaged-asp-net-setup-programs-with-vs-2005.aspx

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thomas Sun
Microsoft Online Community Support

Thomas

Can I use gacutil.exe to install .NET 2.0 Components to the GAC?
...I assumed you could, but I seem to be running into problems. Has anyone used the utility for GAC install of a 2.0 component? Any trouble? Of ourse you can use it, what kind of component are you trying to install? What errors do you get? Are those components strong named? Yes it was strongly named. Okay, here's the deal... I was given a component, which I did not build, with instructions to GAC it and start using. The component was written in VS.NET 2005 (ie .net 2.0), which I was unaware of, but have to admit I didn't know it made a difference. I attempted to GAC this comp...

Crystal report not showing in web in windows server 2003 with CR 2008 using .Net 2.0 framework installed.
we have Crystal Report 2008 Full product  installed in Windows XP professional SP2 and visual studio 2005 in the development system.We are able to see crystal report thru the Crystal Report Viewer in web.   For deployment when we have installed CR 2008 in Windows 2003 server standard edition and it has also .Net 2.0 Framework(no visual studio 2005 installed in it).But not showing  the report thru CR viewer.   Can any one help  that do I need to install anything more in the server.My guess is CR viewer is unable to show the crystal report.Although i...

Emergency! I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF w
Name: Steve Johnson Product: Firefox Summary: Emergency! I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF w Comments: I just installed the automatic installation of 2.0.0.8 (up from 2.0.0.7) and now FF won't start at all! I was using it, all was well, the box appeared saying I should upgrade to fix security yada yada, I clicked ok, and now all is kaput. Specifically, when I try to run FF, the cursor returns, but no process is launched. Not sure how to even debug this! Was this update a trojan? Now I am totally dead in the water!...

.NET Framework 2.0 bugs using beta 2 and having sqlexpress 2005 CTP installed
Hi, I am having a problem using dotnetnuke with .NET 2.0 Framework installed.  Skins dont apply right, only the default one works.  If you try applying a veritical admin skin the admin link gives a "error on page" and does nothing.  Also,  I tried using the FAQ module and you you cant switch between normal text and rich text...it resorts back to rich text, and you cannot type in the "answer" description section.  I have had another install .net 2.0 and he experiences the same problem.  The discussion module has the same issue, when you try to type in the descrip...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update
Name: Dylan McBride Email: vituloratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Adware tried to install the instant I installed the FF 2.0.0.2 update Comments: Can someone explain to me why the very instant I installed the update for Firefox browser, to version 2.0.0.2 Webroot Spy Sweeper popped open showing it prevented an Adware from 180 Assistant/Zango? I am NOT impressed. I hope you are not using ADWARE in your browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Crystal reports don't run well after Windows Update installs .net 2.0 and .net 3.5
 I have a web reporting application build using VS2003 and Crystal ver 9.5.Everything was working fine until the infrastructure team run the windows 2003 server WINDOWS UPDATE where the new .net 2.0 & .net 3.5 got installed.I started to get CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException: Error in File:crreport5.rpt -The request could not be submittted for background processing.After I restart IIS , the reports start working again but they stop after a while and I have to restart again ...Please, advise.    ...

HELP
I am having troubles understanding what I need to do to integrate Visual Basic .NET 2003 with IIS 6.0, where VS.NET is installed on my Windows 2000 machine, but the IIS is running on a separate Windows 2003 Server.We purchase Visual Basic .NET Standard.   I assume that is all that is required for creating ASP.NET pages, Web services and Web applications?We ran the setup on the Windows 2000 machine.   The prerequisites were installed, followed by VB.NET.   We installed the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK and then the .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.On the Windows 2...

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

.Net 2.0 Install on Windows Server 2003
I'm trying to install SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2003 machine with SP 1 and all the latest updates for the Windows Installer.  However, the install hangs each time on the installation of .Net 2.0 and then fails. I've tried to manually install .Net 2.0 using the dotnetfx install found on the SQL Server disk, but it will not install either.  It errors saying that the windows installer service could not be found.  I've also seen another error that states that a file it needs is either protected or could not be found. Any ideas on how to get .Net 2.0 installe...

install DW.net 2.0 on windows-7 ??
hello is it possible to install dw.net - 2.0 on windows-7 ? - i have always an error during the installation-process..... thank's for any response regards Michael On Aug 29, 9:12=A0pm, "Michael E." <michael.erlin...@hotmail.com> wrote: > hello > is it possible to install dw.net - 2.0 on windows-7 ? - i have always > an error during the installation-process..... > > thank's for any response > regards > Michael Micheal, bear in mind that Windows 7 is "soon to be released" OS and Datawindow.Net was released in 2007 . I Mys...

Web resources about - GAC Installation using Windows Installer 2.0 - asp.net.config-deploy

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...