Encrypt web application/ web site (all web pages)

Hello,

 I want to encrypt (secure) the whole web site when it is deployed on a remote server. Is there a way in ASP.NET 2.0 / IIS / 3rd party tool to encrypt all web pages that will render it useless for a competitor if they get it?

I did look up this forum and google and did not find anything (though I will keep looking). Please respond if you know anything about it.

Thanks,

vp

Please click "Mark as Answer" if you think this post answers your question
0
doknek

Yes and no.  First, you can't encrypt web pages.  Those are HTML and displayed in the client's browser, the HTML code has to be renderable by the browser.  You can encrypt the transaction through SSL.  You can encrypt the files on the server with Windows Encryption.  And you can compile your code into a DLL.

Bottom line is if you don't want a competitor getting something, don't put it on your web site.

Jeff

jeff
5/21/2007 2:30:04 PM

 Thanks for your reply.

 I want to encrypt source code (.aspx, .vb files) and not HTML. In ASP.NET 2.0, as far as I know we just deploy the .aspx + .vb files directly without any compilation. I know there is .NET obfuscator ($1890++), but are there any other options

I am looking for just something for ASP.NET 2.0 like what Zend has done for PHP:

http://www.zend.com/products/zend_guard

Thanks in advance,

vp

Please click "Mark as Answer" if you think this post answers your question
0
doknek
5/21/2007 3:07:32 PM

This would actually be the perfect situation to compile these into a DLL.  Keep in mind that both Zend and .NET Obfuscator make it harder to read the code but not impossible.  Also, under normal security you would never be able to download the ASPX or VB files, so unless you're emailing them to your competitora they likely won't see them.

Jeff

jeff

how to encrypt web.config during web application deployment
I am developing a web application using ASP.NET, VS 2008, Framework 3.5I want to encrypt my web.config at the end of application installation (Installer.Commit event).How do I do this ? Check this.. http://visualstudiomagazine.com/columns/article.aspx?editorialsid=2752 http://blogs.msdn.com/publicsector/archive/2005/11/08/490319.aspxMy Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." If you want to encrypt your web.config you can have a look at this link http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/01/09/434893.aspxFaraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD....

web web web

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

Web Site to Web Application 2005 and Web References
I'm trying to convert a VS 2005 Web Site  Project to a VS 2005 Web Application Project, I have followed http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx, which works fine for most objects but it does not convert the Web References.I can add them manually, however I need to ensure that the Web Reference Name is the same for all my Web Services, this is to ensure that I can used Shared Types.  The problem is on VS 2005 Web Application it renames the Web Reference Name to Localhost1, localhost2 etc. Any ideas how I can get over this?Regards <<<Bryan...

Running a web application within my existing web application
 Hi. I have a site set up in .net 1.1 that runs fine. A requirement came through recently to incorporate some elements by way of a third party application. I have set up a virtual directory inside my main application which points to the folder that contains the third party application. This virtual directory is also set up to run as an application. The third party application allows me to create forms. I have created a page in my main application that uses 1 user control from the third party application to display a form. I am getting the following error when trying to run the page:Serv...

Web services added as web applications are being converted to web sites
We have a somewhat large solution that we are converting from VS.NET 2003 to 2005 (using web application projects).The conversion has been going very well until recently.  Basically, one of the other developers converted a number of web services to 2005 web services as web applications.  When he loads the solution that contains these projects, it loads and builds fine. Other developers can load the solution successfully and build as well.  When I try to load this solution, VS.NET 2005 checks out the .sln file as well as all of the folders these web service projects reside in.&...

Creating Web Service
Hello everyone, I am creating a new web service, and was wondering what you all thought the advantages and disadvantages of creating it using a Web Site vs using a Web Application Project...thoughts?  Is one better than the other in terms of deployment?  Is one better for development and debugging? Thanks! Hi d_helland, To understand which one is prefer to your situation, please read the following two articles. What's New in Web Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f7fb46ye(VS.80).aspx Introduction to Web Application Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en...

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

want to allow create new web page and edit exiting web page using my web application?
 I am using asp.net 2.0 VS 2005 pro edition. I want to make web application(web form)  where my uses can go and create simple web page or can create page , so then can add page/edit features let me know if some one know , how to do this , any idea, I want to allow my user to create web page and edit web page using my web applications. some one tell me how to do that Note : I dont want to use HTMl editor or any third party software tools thank you maxmax Hello, There is many ways you can implement this. And to build your application you to need to understand the exact ou...

web site or web application
Hi,  i read there are two types of asp.net project: web application and web site. In VS 2005, there is the choice between: File -> New Web SiteandFile -> New Project -> VB/C# -> Web Application My questions are: 1) what's the difference between both? (i compile my whole project with aspnet_compiler: do i create a web site or web application?) 2) in VWD, i only can see: File -> New website and New -> File So how to create a web application with VWD? Thanks Tartuffe The Web application projects model was designed to provide developers with a project model...

Web resources about - Encrypt web application/ web site (all web pages) - asp.net.config-deploy

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...