Deploying Vb.Net Web Forms on the server

I created a setup file for my first test Web Application.  It has a few forms that I like to test on the server.  What do I have to do on the server for it to work properly.  I have it working on my dev machine.

What do I have to install and is there any changes that I have to make to machine.config or any other files. I am using the default settings in Global and web.config files. These files were generated by the Vb.Net 2003.
I have been reading on this for awhile and like to make sure of the steps I have to follow.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0
aviandy

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment
Hi all I have written some test web services and some web form applications and deployed them to my IIS. That's fine but I now want to deploy them to my real IIS server. I have created an msi for each but the problem is I seem to only be able to deploy to the default web site. Our default web site is turned off and instead we use several other sites. Does anybody happen to if Powerbuilder 11 supports non default web sites? If not do I need to hack the msi and if so can anybody suggest a suitable tool. I have Orca but it's not very friendly. Unless of course I knew exactly what data I need to change in the msi. Thanks Graeme ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp There are a number of tools out there that will allow you to edit the MSI file. You might look at: http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/authoring.htm http://www.qwerty-msi.com/ "Graeme Cooke" <gc@datawright.co.uk> wrote in message news:4669b57f$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all > > I have written some test web services and some web form applications and > deployed them to my IIS. That's fine but I now want to deploy them to my > real > IIS server. I have created an msi for each but the problem is I seem to > only be > able to deploy to the default web site. Our default web site is turned off > and > instead we use several other sites. > >...

deploy .net web form
hi to all. I'm try to deploy your example pbtutor to an iis 6 web server (that isn't on my development local machine).. I have installed .net fwk2 and I put in system path some dll (atl71.dll, msvcr71.dll and others as the documentation says). I obtain this error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.Core, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b76b10796def6a00' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare il file specificato. Source Error: Line 381: <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true"> Line 382: <assemblies> Line 383: <add assembly="Sybase.PowerBuilder.Core, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b76b10796def6a00"/> Line 384: <add assembly="Sybase.PowerBuilder.Common, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b76b10796def6a00"/> Line 385: <add assembly="Sybase.PowerBuilder.Web, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b76b10796def6a00"/> Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pbtutor\web.config Line: 383 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Sybase.PowerBu...

Deploying VS.NET 2005 Crystal on a Web Server for Web App
Can someone confirm when/where the Crystal for VS.NET 2005 Merge Modules will be available?Secondarily.. I am wanting to deploy to a web server and with VS.NET 2003 v (and VS.NET 2002 version), I had to use the merge modules to be able to enter in our product key otherwise we had licensing issues.I just read a post that seemed to imply that this may not be needed with VS.NET 2005 version.. is that so?I am able to create a installation package by choosing Crystal as a prerequisite in the VS.NET 2005 setup project, but that seems more like the thing we would do if we were shipping out a WinFor...

Deploy 3.5 web app on .NET 3.0 web server?
Hello,I am considering developing an ASP.NET app in VS 2008 using LINQ.  I know LINQ is .NET 3.5 specific but the IIS6 web server I need to deploy to only has .NET 3.0 installed (and I can't change that).So my question: can I compile and deploy a .NET 3.5 app on a web server with .NET 3.0 on it?  If so, how - and is there any official MSFT documentation? thanks,Justin Try this out it may work, if not you won't be using Linq unless they upgrade. http://linqinaction.net/blogs/main/archive/2007/09/05/linq-support-on-net-2.0.aspx- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful rep...

How to deploy a VS.VB net project to websever withour VS.net
The VB app is developed on VS.net professional. I plan to deploy it on a web server that doesn't have VS.net. Would the code behind files cause problems? Should I compile the app and deploy the assembly only? I'd appreciate some quickstart tips on how to deploy a VS.net VB project to websever withour VS.net. Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" The only thing you would need to do is compile the project and push the .aspx files and the bin folder to the server, and of course any other sub-folders that are used in your app like images. The...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Deploy Datawindow.net 2.0 to Web Server
I am working on VS 2005 and Datawindow.net 2.0 beta locally on my pc. The program work fine. but after using one clicked in VS 2005 to deploy my application to the Web server (Server 2003), the application showed error saying it can not find pdbwn110.dll on web server. I also created the DWCLTRT20.msi and installed it on the Web Server. Does the Datawindow.net Beta version allow to deploy application to the web server? If it does allow, what other step of deployment do I need to get my app on the web server? Also I notice that the release of Datawindow.net 2.0 is 2006Q1. Is t...

Deployment steps of a PB.NET Web Form application
Hi, I know everything about deploying .NET Web Forms are written in the PB help files. Unfortunately, like many developers coming from Client/Server background, the several steps to be followed in setting up the production server seemed very tedious and very annoying to say the least (when we are accustomed to nice and simple PB client/server deployment steps that still is more or less the same even after 1.5 decades!). Ok, so I finally was able to do everything (so far so good) as per the help files and I thought why not list it and make it available for you all to use and comment and provide corrections etc. I have tried to specify all the steps including setting up Windows to show all the steps. Of course please skip upto any step that you already have on the target computer. Here it is to deploy your .NET Web App: 1. Install Windows (XP SP2 / Win 2003 / Vista) 2. Install IIS (5 / 6/ 7) 3. Install .NET 2.0 (Do we also need .NET 1.0 for compiling IE Web Controls?) 4. Install all Windows updates 5. Install IE Web Controls (Does it compile on .NET 2.0?) 6. Install GhostScript (download from http://www.ghostscript.com/awki) 7. Install a dummy PostScript printer so that the required library is available to Windows (any printer available in Windows with PS written beside its name is supposed to be a PostScript printer) 8. Install PB .NET Runtime MSI (You need to make it first) 9. Install YourApp .NET MSI (I find MSI better as it creat...

What Powerbuilder functions are not allowed to be deployed as .NET web forms?
I'm trying to move a small PB app to be a .NET webforms app and the build process is yelling that sharedata has no corresponding .NET method (yeah no duh). 1) what should one do to curcumvent share data function calls? 2)is there some white paper describing all the stuff you can't port over to a .NET web form. I'm pretty sure my large PFC based application will be a no-no , right? The only constraint on ShareData is supposed to be when you are trying to share data across sessions. Internally to the app, with that option turned off, it should work. Any chance the parm data type being passed to ShareData is difficult to discern at compile time? (e.g. Any, PowerObject) There's an entire manual that comes with PB on how to move things to ..NET: "Deploying Applications and Components to .NET" It's available on the Sybase site as well. As far as PFC goes, I believe there are going to be some incompatibilities code-wise and some failures from unsupported features, but the bigger issue is that it's a bad architecture for a web application. Remember that code is only executed on the server, so every time it thinks it has to execute code, the entire app state is sent back to the server for execution. PFC has code in the ancestor for ItemChanged, LoseFocus, etc... You don't want your app to go meandering back to the server every time the user does something; it's a UI nightmare. IMHO, you'll find a l...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Can we deploy aspx files and individual codebehind files in the server without deploying the solution in .net 1.1?
Actually, as far as my knowledge, in .net 1.1 we just bulid the solution and deploy the aspx pages and the dll. Is it possible that we can deploy the codebehind and aspx pages instead of dll? Currently, i have deployed some aspx and codebehind vb files in the server, the pages are using some dlls which are to be put in GAC. But, the pages are working fine with the dlls in the bin folder but not removing from bin. That means it is unable to take the dll from GAC. Can any one help in this issue? Thanks , SonaliThanks,Sonali yes, In .net 1.1 also individual aspx pages work taking codebeh...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

can we deploy RDL files into report server without using web services through .Net
how can we deploy the reports into report server with out using web services from .Net. Is it possible. Hi vidyaIt is possible, after the initial deployment and folders were created. You could do the following:Browse to your reportserver. Normally [server]/reportsBrowse to the report and click on it. Select the report's 'Properities' Tab. Under the heading 'Report Definition' are 2 options 'Edit' and 'Update'. Use the 'Update' to upload the new rdl file. This will deploy a new version.Hope this helps,l0n3i200n Hi folks,             ...

add/change name/delete server files via vb.net web form
I have the add(upload) part of this page figured out. I have an application with an "Images" sub directory. I know how to access the getfiles() method from the system.IO namespace. I am using a while loop to create a table with an edit button (so that you can change the name of the file) and a delete button so you can remove the file from the server. Each file is on a new line much like it would look if it was bound to a datalist or datagrid. Here is where I am clueless. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for someone to write this for me, beca...

System.NET.Mail cannot communicate to relay server through my .net server relay config
Environment: My PC – I’m testing the code from ServerA in debug mode using VS 2005 ServerA – my .Net Code server in which the code I’m testing resides and is running .NET version 2.0.50727 ServerB – An exchange server on our network   Problem & Info: I get this error no matter if I specify the exchange servername or my .net servername.  I want to use ServerB as the relay server in my System.NET.Mail but when I try that or try just using ServerA’s plain SMTP.  I've used the exchange server fine in other applications from other servers for my code so not sure why it'...

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

i am soon to deploy my first .net 2 web site. what is the best method for me to set up tables on the live server?
i am soon to deploy my first .net 2 web site. what is the best method for me to set up tables on the live server? Create a sql script from the development database and execute this against the live database. Most hosting companies will allow you to do this online or connect your sql client to the database. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional ASP.NET developersPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helpe...

Web resources about - Deploying Vb.Net Web Forms on the server - asp.net.config-deploy

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...