Deploying a website on Local IIS

Hi,

 We have just now started making websites in vs.net 2005. But we are facing some problem while deploying website

When we debug the application it takes http://localhost:2026/webapp but we want it should run on http://localhost/webapp

For testing i in property pages of project in startup option in server tab i checked custom server and typed http://localhost/webapp in that case it gives following error

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

 where as we are using sql server 2000 not 2005.

 We need to do some configuration but i have don't idea what to do if anyones knows please tell us

Dhiren

0
dhirub4u

When you run debug in VS.NET 2k5, VS.NET spawn a instance of the ASP.NET development webserver that listen to a random port.

Do you have IIS installed on the same machine?  or do you want to deploy to another server?

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
6/8/2007 7:17:03 PM

1) check whether IIS is installed or not ??

type this link http://localhost in to your browser and then see the result.... If it is home page of IIS then your IIS is installed.....

2) Now you are using sql server 2000.... so it is running

check on your desktop.... in corner there is icon for sql server..... check the status of the sql server.....it must be running....

Please click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that help you.

Thanks.....
0
suresh
6/8/2007 7:26:36 PM

1) check whether IIS is installed or not ??

type this link http://localhost in to your browser and then see the result.... If it is home page of IIS then your IIS is installed.....

2) Now you are using sql server 2000.... so it must be running

check on your desktop.... in corner there is icon for sql server..... check the status of the sql server.....it must be running....

Please click "Mark as Answer" on the posts that help you.

Thanks.....
0
suresh
6/8/2007 7:26:54 PM

Yes IIS is installed and it is running fine and we want to delpoy the applicaion in IIS instead of instance of asp.net development webserver.

and i want that this web application should be accessible from LAN also. Like if my machine name is mach32 then users in LAN can access my web app as http://mach32/webapp it use to work fine when we were using vs.net 2003 but now we are getting same error which i use to get in http://localhost/webapp

 And one more thing in my machine i have both the things installed vs.net 2003 and vs.net 2005 i hope this is not creating problem.

Let me know your inputs

0
dhirub4u
6/9/2007 7:02:41 AM

You have 2 issues here.  One is deployment and the other is w/ SQL connection

Deployment:

All you need to do is to use the Copy Website OR Publish website feature to deploy to local IIS.  To do that

- Website -> Copy Website.  This should bring up the Copy Website Wizard
- Click Connect
- Select Local IIS in the Open Website dialogue box
- Select the directory you wish to publish to
- Select all the files / folders you wish to pubish and click the -> button

Database error:

This can be caused by a number of problems.  Can you post your web.config's connection string section?

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce

I tried copy website feature but nothing worked following is the connection string

<connectionStrings>
  <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
  <add name="WAP" connectionString="data source=soft24;Initial Catalog=WorldAllProduct;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Integrated Security=true;user id=sa;password=;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
 </connectionStrings>

Let me know your comments still i am facing the same problem

0
dhirub4u
6/12/2007 5:13:08 AM

You said you are using SQL 2k (not 2k5). Please check whether 2k is installed. Then see the connection string settings from your web app to the SQL 2k server. For connection strings, see this link... http://sqlconnect.googlepages.com

Cheers

moredotnet

Vishal Khanna
.NET Interviews & FAQs @ www.dotnetUncle.com

Click Mark as Answer if the reply helped you.
0
moredotnet
6/12/2007 5:23:29 AM

SQL Server 2000 is installed and connection string is also proper i checked it with URL you sent.

The machine in which database resides has both sql server 2000 and sql express (i think it is installed when we install vs.net 2005) is this creating problem ?

0
dhirub4u

 These may seem to be really elementary questions. You said while debugging it takes http://localhost:2026/webapp. Did you actually create a virtual directory. Also how did you actually add your database to the Application. One more thing did u add aspnet as a user to your database.

Nitinkcv
6/12/2007 6:48:29 AM

  1. First of all add new virtual directory and map it to the project folder...also do not forget to set the asp.net version to 2.0..
  2. second when you open the project....open visual studio....file > open>website>...open website using local iis. ... select the virtual dir created for the project and open the project...and then run..now it will not show   http://localhost:2026/webapp and will take http://localhost/webapp

mark the post as answered if it helped you....cheers   :)

Sanjeev Sharma
Software Engineer
Blog
0
sanjev

Is your problem still persisting regarding while debugging the application it takes http://localhost:2026/webapp.

Nitinkcv
6/22/2007 1:38:30 PM

I am still getting sql error when i type http://localhost/webapp

0
dhirub4u

Deploy my website to port 80 in my local IIS?
In my window 2003 server ,can you tell me which port should I deploy my website to my local IIS?  After I installed sharepoint when I deploy my website to local IIS ,it seems that I can only deploy to administration folder whose port number is 8089, is there possibility for me to deploy my website to port 80 and how?   Thanks You may add an additional IP in your network controller, and select that IP in IIS properties of the website.If e.g. IP 192.168.0.100 is the IP of your server and port 80 is being used you can add 192.168.0.101 and select this IP in your website. Though...

Deploying Website to IIS
Hi, I am trying to deploy my website to my local IIS server on Vista and my own personal web server.  My website has a database which is SQL Express 2008 and I am using the basic "user registration" tools in the website and using the generated database "ASPNETDB.MDF"   I get the following error whern i try to do anything with the database.     Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-wei...

deploying a .net website
please tell me how to deploy a .net website in vs.net 2003 please respond to my question thanking you See Deploying ASP.NET Applications - Part 1http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030806.htm Deploying ASP.NET Applications - Part 2http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030820.htmThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

IIS website deployment
Hi! I am using Windows XP, ASP.Net 2.0, Access 2000 database I copied my webpage folder to another folder (to assume transferring the folder from one location to another).  I managed to deploy my website using IIS and I can see the login page, but when I tried to enter the user names and passwords, it kept saying Unable to log in. I follow the advice of trying to insert the <membership> tags but I do not know what are the attributes to insert, so I only enter the connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" and applicationName="/". The applicationName is the s...

Web Deployment Project IIS Deploy error
I get the following  when I build locally  if exist ".\TempBuildDir\" rd /s /q ".\TempBuildDir\"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v /WebSite -p C:\Projects\YourClubMatters\Trunk\YCM\WebSite -f -c .\TempBuildDir\ Running aspnet_merge.exe.C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\aspnet_merge.exe .\TempBuildDir -o WebSite_deploy -a  -r -copyattrs Successfully merged '.\TempBuildDir'.if exist "C:\Projects\YourClubMatters\Trunk\YCM\WebSite_deploy\Release\" rd /s /q "C:\Projects\YourClubMatters\Trun...

Problem with deployment of website on IIS
 I have created a virtual directory for my website because I want to access it in the intranet...but I'm always having this error... Unable to open the physical file "D:\Bohol Top Products\App_Data\BoholTopProducts.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file D:\Bohol Top Products\App_Data\BoholTopProducts.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. I tried to grant access to the folders but its still the same... please...

Localization After Deployment for Website Project
I have a specific requirement for my application. My customer needs localization of the application to an extend, the resource (.resx) files are just translated and copied into App_GlobalResources folder. Based on the resource (.resx) files available the users shall be able to pick up the language setting from a dropdown list while they configure their profile in the application. The application is a website project and not a web application (WAP). It is a nice feature and good have it in the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Look at http://www.guysmithferrier.com/ and in...

Locally deployed website, not working at all
I published the website that has been working fine in the IDE for months, and I did everything like they said, but it refuses to work.  I keep getting this cryptic error...it seems to be just choking on the first line as if it doesn't know what ASP is?  Please help...newbie is lost. The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. Please try the following: Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Open the 0) && (window.navigator.appVersion.charAt(0) == "2"))) ...

Re-deploy a deployment
I have made a deployment of about forty patches which i deployed to a testgroup. Now I need to deploy this to the rest of the pc's in my office and would like to re-use the old deployment. So I want to change an old deployment and then redeploy it. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? thanks -- eddzzz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eddzzz, have you tried going to the deployment, checking the box next to it and clicking deploy at the bottom of the page? :) -- Shaun Pond That sounds very obvious, s...

Deployment :: Publish Website vs Web Deployment Project
Hi All,   We have a Web Application that we have moved it form VWD to Visual Studio 2005 and are about to deploy. Our project type is currently a file based web project and we use web.config files in sub directories to control access.   We are wondering whether we should use the “Publish WebSite” option, or whether the new Web Deployment Project that has been introduced, is a better fit. (We have also looked into the Web Application Project option but that is not being considered at this point)   From our investigation, it seems that if we choose the “Publish Website” op...

TeamBuild to deploy deployment project website to remote server
Hi, Did anyone get the deployment project to be deployed to a remote server through a team build after compilation? I am thinking of adding an after compile target and xcopy the files to a remote destination as well as create a virtual directory on the remote IIS server. Something similar to the script below. Is that the recommended approach? Thanks <PropertyGroup> <WebDeployFolder>d:\StagingFolder</WebDeployFolder> <WebSiteSrcName>WebSite1</WebSiteSrcName> <WebDeployName>WebSite1</WebDeployName> <WebSitePreCompiledSrcFolder>$(SolutionR...

Deploying my New Website under IIS
Having developed my new website using Visual Studio Web Designer I attempted to run it after configuring IIS and my Web.config file seems to have some conflicting errors. Although the same file runs perfectly well in debug mode the errors are as follows. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings' Source Error: Line 1:&nb...

Website deployed in IIS but cannot log in
Hi! After much trouble, I managed to deploy my website in IIS, the first page to be shown is the login page. However, when I enter the user names and passwords that I have created, I could not access the webpages, it keeps saying that my user name and password are not correct. Is there any settings that I need to set in my webpages or IIS? First, what kind of Security Authentication are you using?  When you created the Virtual Directory on IIS for deployment what did you selected? Windows authentication? Impersonation? just forms Authentication? You can use from VS2005 the AS...

how to deploy .net website on webserver
hello to all ! can any one please help me in deploying my aspx page working my win 2003 server ..   i made the web application setup .. which actually made  executable file.. but i guess it will not work in web server.. i try to run these executables .. and that will install the all files in my iis directory structure..  i copied all these files through any ftp application but it is not working .. please tell me how will my aspx file s will work out .. ?/ what is the real procedure ...   waiting for a kind reply !   thanks ...

Web resources about - Deploying a website on Local IIS - asp.net.config-deploy

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...