Deploy VS 2003 Web Site with web services Web Refrences

I have developed a web site that communicate with web services in another server, but when i was running it locally on my development machine it was working fine, but now when i have deployed on the server, i have changed the URL on the web refrences folder to point to the web services server. But it keeps giving me Page Not Found 404 error. As it couldnt find the web services, even though when i put the same URL in browser it gets the services okay?

 When deploy web services, is there any other task that i should do rather than chaging the URL of web refrences in the .disco, .wsdl, .map file?

 Thanks

Be Creative, use your magination
0
nasserdw

HI, nasserdw:

I suggest you to re-add the web reference of the WebService after you have deploy it on the remote server.

Here is the similar disccusion. Hope it will give some guideline:

Dynamic Webservice reference

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=729934&SiteID=1

I hope the above information will be helpful. If you have any issues or concerns, please let me know. It's my pleasure to be of assistance

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

If there is any question or the issue is not resolved, please feel free to mark the thread as not resolved
0
Rex

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Deployment of Web Site and Web Services
I have a website that is built in ASP.NET 2.0 and deployed. On the same server I want to build web services that are connected on a different port that support the site via a Windows App. I have done this in 1.1 without any problems. On my site I am using a version of the SQL Sever authentication model. I just have it connecting to my database. I used the same web.config from the site to create my webservices since they need to use the site's authentication to communicate. This all works great in development (doesn't it always) but when I deploy my web services to the site the code that...

Web Deployment of a Web Application:why the vbproj file is in the Web Deployment folder
Hello, I'm an old ASP and new ASP 1.1 developer.Now I have to work with ASP 2.0 and I'm testing the new features but there are things that are not clear.. I created a web application (converted from an ASP.NET 2.0 web site) and I was trying to build the web application project.These are the Property Pages Settings:Configuration:ReleaseCompilation: Allow this precompiled site to be updatable .. checkedOutput Assemblies: Merge all outputs to a single assembly  is checked                    ...

Web.Config error when deploying a web service
I have been building a simple distributed app with a web service and have had it working perfectly on my test setup (My WinXP Pro as the client, SmallBusinessServer 2k3 / IIS 6 / .Net Framework 1.1). When deploying the web service to our production server (Small Business Server again, identical setup, I believe) using VS.net 2003 and a simple copy project deployment I receive the following error. Can anyone help ? Error code as follows: Server Error in '/DimEX' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error ...

Creating Web Service
Hello everyone, I am creating a new web service, and was wondering what you all thought the advantages and disadvantages of creating it using a Web Site vs using a Web Application Project...thoughts?  Is one better than the other in terms of deployment?  Is one better for development and debugging? Thanks! Hi d_helland, To understand which one is prefer to your situation, please read the following two articles. What's New in Web Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f7fb46ye(VS.80).aspx Introduction to Web Application Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en...

Web Deployment and Web Services
I was looking at the Web Deployment application and as much info as I could find here on the site.  Searching for "web services" turned up nothing in this forum though. I see it is possible so that the web.config can be edited and copied differently using the Web Deployment, but I was curious if there is a way to update web service references? Using it on development I point it to a sample web services that work with a test database, and when I push to live, I would like to have it correctly point to web services on the production web server that point to the live database.  Is i...

Web Deployment: How to deploy virtual dirs und a web site?
I have a web site that is hosted in IIS. Everything works fine with deployment.Now, I've added a virtual directory (without application bit) under this website in IIS and I've added a Web Site project to my solution. Working with this extension is fine.But now I want that the deployment project also copies the contents of the virtual dir when I deploy the main web site. I've found out that I have to check the setting "Use IIS metabase for source input". Leaving this setting unchecked the virtual dir is not copied.But then I get the following error: C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDepl...

web web web

Deployment of a vs 2005 web site to web server
Hi, When using the visio studio 2005, I just use the project / copy project menu to copy all the files needed to run my application, then would just upload the generated files to the web server.   When I only make a code behind change, I would just do the same thing and ONLY needed to upload the project name DLL of the project to the web server bin folder.  I am hoping that there is a similar way with VS 2005 with Ajax enabled web site.With VS 2005, I have done a build / publish web site from the menu but there is no project name dll produced on the bin folder, there was ...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

web app vs web site vs web project
Could someone describe the differences between web sites, web apps and web projects? (or send me a link that contains this comparison?). Is one of these terms synonomous with another? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?  How does one choose when starting new development? Can one type be converted into another?     Thank you. Here is my definition: Website: perspective of users. Collection of web pages.Webapp and project: perspective of developer (and webmasters). Collection of web pages and resouces (database, code, etc.). Maybe software installers...

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

Web Deployment Projects: Web.config sections <system.web>
I like "Web Deployment Projects" a lot - WELL done!I encounter the following by trying to replace the system.web config section in Web.config.During the build I get   Web.config (1): error WDP00002: missing section system.web.I can replace other parts of the Web.config, like appSettings, connectionStrings and even system.runtime.remoting, but not system.web.Any ideas? Thankx! I think you have the honors of finding the first bug.  We're using Configuration.Sections[] to acess the replaceable sections and it doesn't appear to work with system.web.I'll enter the bug. ...

Web resources about - Deploy VS 2003 Web Site with web services Web Refrences - asp.net.config-deploy

'Elder Scrolls 6' Release Date Before 'Fallout 4?' Leak Refrences Incoming War In 'Skyrim' [RUMOR]
The "Elder Scrolls" universe may be getting bigger! New rumors suggest a script leak that points to a war invading Skyrim. Read the full inside ...

Small list of Deported United States Veterans Vietnam , Kosovo, Persian Gulf, Iraq and peacetime
Deported Veterans this is a small list ive compiled the numbers are really in the thousands... I know more vets deported to Italy Canada... the ...

rolling thunder! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
me and nina at six flags!!!! =]

Michael A Jacob (@Michael_A_Jacob) on Twitter

ring attack 11-19-2006 - YouTube
the most recent grid attack in SL...

Talk:Domestic rabbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mammals , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of mammal -related subjects on Wikipedia. ...

Edge Of Tomorrow review: War of the Worlds meets Groundhog Day
An entertaining time-wrinkle alien invasion movie full of refrences to some sci-fi action classics and with some curious historical echoes.

Edge Of Tomorrow review: War of the Worlds meets Groundhog Day
An entertaining time-wrinkle alien invasion movie full of refrences to some sci-fi action classics and with some curious historical echoes.

Get A Quote - Web design Sydney - Cheap Web Solutions
Cheap Web Solutions get a free quote now. We provide website design, web development, SEO and Social marketing services.

Hitch, Marty and Chris: Vertigo and Its Spiritual Descendants
In 2010, Leonardo DiCaprio starred in two films that were linked not just by his presence but by their obsession with reality versus dreams, ...