default.aspxx white page??? i copy my web sites to other folder than i open it and but my web sites doesnt run in other folder ?? i see only white page.. what can problem be ?

hello friends

my web site runs with set as start page but i copy my web sites to other folder than i open it.. my web sites doesnt run in other folder ?? i see only white page.. what can problem be ? if i copy my web sites to hostname, wont web site run on hostname ? Should i delete default.aspx (white page) and change master1.aspx to default.aspx ?

sincerely

oguzkaygun

Hi oguzkaygun,

For the website project, the “start page” information is actually saved at %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WebSiteCache\websites.xml. The “startpage” element associate with “RootUrl”, which actually is the file system path (also can be virtual directory).

Hence, after moving the web site project to another diretory, we have to specify the start page again.

However, if you ask the scenario about publishing to hoster, the start page defined by Visual Studio IDE is not useful. It is because after publishing to the hoster, IIS takes the responsible of setting the default page. It can be done by the following steps (we may don’t have the privilege to do that on the host, contact host provider for help).

   1. Open IIS manager.
   2. Right click your virtual directory, and then select “Properties”.
   3. Click the “Documents” tab.
   4. Make sure the “Enable Default Document” option is checked, and your deault page name is in the list.

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Can not open Security Page of Web site Administration tool in visual web developer 2005 express
Hi, I cannot open the security page of   Web site Administration tool in visual web developer 2005 express.When i click on security tab it gives  the following error.Also i am getting the same error message when I click on Add New Item ->Sql Database-> and click ADD. "There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The fo...

message is that Disassembly cannot be displayed in run mode... and my web site display white page.. where is my panel gridview or etc??
hello friends i backup my website.. But my backup web site give me a message.. message is below.. message is that Disassembly cannot be displayed in run mode... and my web site display white page.. what should i do ? sincerelyMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hiya Sounds like you have a bug in your code. Are you able to use visual studio to debug it by setting a break point? If you know what part is failing, i would ether debug it or use a try/catch. Cheers Jorus--Please put "Mark as Answer" if I help you solve your problem, Thanks. hi i ...

how to package VS Web Site App to be published as a Project web site on a production web server in a sub folder of the main website
Hi, I created a VS2k5 Website and used the web site using the small business starter kit as a model.  I published the website to a folder and runs fine.  I decided to copy the website to a folder within another website so when you click on a link it will open up the website start page.  That does not work.  My problem is that I need to publish the website as a project that includes all the tools I used so it can be uploaded to a subfolder into the website and the main webdb page will open.  Is their a way for me to deploy the website a a project? I am open ...

I can't log in when deployed to a IIS 7 site, but I can with F5 or with a web app in that web site
I created a website in ASP.NET using a database set up the aspnet_regsql utility. I can log in fine when I hit F5 and run the app or when I use the copy web site tool to create a new web app in an existing site, but when I publish or copy the files to the web site itself set up in IIS I get failed login when I try to log in. I've got anonymous and forms authentication enabled in the site. Is there some magic setting I'm missing to allow me to log into the app from the site as opposed to the temp server set up with F5 or the web app set up in the copy web site tool? Thanks, ...

secured page and folder in web site
Hi all if i have (img) folder , when i write in address bar (http://mysite.com/img) all files in (img) folder appears ?? How could i secure this folder ??? thank you for your help  you could try turning off directory browsing from IIS-- Please Mark Posts that helped you as Answers, and share a summary of what solved the problem. Create user and roles in your site by using ASP.NET  configuration and deny all users to this folder.ISRAR ALI  ok if i goto ASP.net configuration then where ???   Click on the ASP.NET configuration button at the right...

Encrypt web application/ web site (all web pages)
Hello, I want to encrypt (secure) the whole web site when it is deployed on a remote server. Is there a way in ASP.NET 2.0 / IIS / 3rd party tool to encrypt all web pages that will render it useless for a competitor if they get it?I did look up this forum and google and did not find anything (though I will keep looking). Please respond if you know anything about it. Thanks,vp Please click "Mark as Answer" if you think this post answers your question Yes and no.  First, you can't encrypt web pages.  Those are HTML and displayed in the client's brow...

Open Webdav Web folder programatically from a web page
Hope this is simple: Would love to use WebDav at our company to share files with offsite folks. But to ask the average user to check the box "open as web folder" is feat in itself. Is there a way to script the opening of a WebDav Web folder from a web page? Any help would be huge for me. Kevin Kevin, Did you find out how to do this? Cheers...

How to deploy a setup project to a web site instead under default web site?
Hi, I like to illustrate my point of confusion. In my case, I can not see any web site defined as virtual directory under Default Web Site over the internet. I like to know how to configure my web setup project, so that I can deploy my new project under the WEB Site instead of under the Ddfault Web Site. I have tried a long time to find out the answer and no luck so far. IIS WebServerName WEB SITE --------------------You can create new web site right click here .........DEFAULT Web Site----You can create new virtual directory right click here ....................FTP ...

Can a .NET 1.1 page execute in a .NET 2.0 web site?
I've got a ASP.NET 1.1 web site to which I would like to add some ASP.NET 2.0 web pages. Could I just change the web site to point to the 2.0 .NET version and still have the .NET 1.1 web pages work so that both versions are in the same web site? Have you some of you approached this? Thanks. The official answer is maybe It's not officially supported, but most ASP.NET 1.1 pages will run fine under ASP.NET 2.0.  Officially you should run the upgrade wizard on your 1.1 pages. This is a  pretty good blog entry.      JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.c...

'Codebehind' attribute in the @ Page directive is not supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the Web site (project) containing the page.
I have some code in ASP.net 1.1 and I would like to know what changes I must do to update the code to ASP.Net 2 beta. I am using Visual Studio Developer express 2005. I obtain the folowing errors:1* 'Codebehind' attribute in the @ Page directive is not supported. Convert this page to the new code-behind model by opening the Web site (project) containing the page.2* Could not load type 'JokePoint.Header'. C:\MyCommerceSite\JokePoint\UserControls\Header.ascx3*The server tag is not well formed. C:\MyCommerceSite\JokePoint\UserControls\DepartmentsList.ascxAnything?Thanks. CodeBe...

Improuvement for frequently visited web pages ? Stock web-sites pages p.ex...
Name: Jean C HEISEL Email: jch21atlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Improuvement for frequently visited web pages ? Stock web-sites pages p.ex... Comments: Per exemple on stock web spécific pages sites would apear a "calepin-page" with personal comments for that specified page. On call or automatiquely ? On the same way as "aide mémoire" widget in "Dashboard"(mac OS X), would it be possible to have a "Firefox note" (aide mémoire) when calling a specific page upon witch I made a spécific comment while my l...

How to copy web site or publish web site
Hello:  I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.  I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.   How could I copy or publish .net to the server?  Your help is highly appreciated ...

Web resources about - default.aspxx white page??? i copy my web sites to other folder than i open it and but my web sites doesnt run in other folder ?? i see only white page.. what can problem be ? - asp.net.config-deploy

Default logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Default logic is a non-monotonic logic proposed by Raymond Reiter to formalize reasoning with default assumptions. Default logic can express ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube
Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube

Local bourse will suffer if US defaults
The picture is a worrying one for Australian investors if the impasse with the US debt ceiling is not resolved by the Thursday deadline.

Readdle’s Spark email app gets even better with default signatures and other enhancements
... further cementing its reputation as an excellent alternative to Apple's built-in Mail app and to any other third-party email app on iOS. Default ...