Create setup pakage: Parser Error: Line 1: <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage"%>

Hello,

I got stuck. My application is working find in the vs2005 development as I create the master page and content page. I can view my content page in the vs 2005 development without any error.

I create my new web setup project (WebSetup1) as I add:

1. Primary ouput and content files

2. WebApplication1.dll

3. WebApplication1.pdp

4. WebApplication1.xml

Then I build webSetup1 project.

Then I install my webSetup1 to IIS server choosing Virtual Directory: WebSetup1

Installation sucessful

But when I browse my defalut page from IIS I get the error:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/WebSetup4/MasterPage.master.vb' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage"%>
Line 2:
Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /WebSetup4/MasterPage.master    Line: 1

I see the MasterPage.Master in the root, but I don't have MasterPage.Master.vb in the root because I don't want to release the source codes to the users.

If I upload all the page and source codes pages then I can view the default page without error but to protect the code I could not do this.

Please help me. I had been stuck for 3-4 days on this problem.

Please send me mail if you have the solution on this at hotvit0000@yahoo.com

Thank you very much.

Mike

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

0
hotvit0000

Hi Mike,

Please make sure the “WebApplication1.dll” is in the bin folder instead of the application folder. I can reproduce this issue by creating a web setup project with putting “Content Files from WebApplication1 (Active)” and “Primary output from WebApplication1 (Active)” in the same folder. Please understand the assembly should be in the bin folder, so please move “Primary output from WebApplication1 (Active)” to the bin folder.

For your reference, please follow the steps in the following link to create the web setup project (pay attention the last two pictures of step 2).

Tip/Trick: Creating Packaged ASP.NET Setup Programs with VS 2005
 http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/06/15/tip-trick-creating-packaged-asp-net-setup-programs-with-vs-2005.aspx

Sincerely,
Benson Yu
Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
Benson

Web resources about - Create setup pakage: Parser Error: Line 1: <%@ Master Language="VB" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage"%> - asp.net.config-deploy