could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' or one of its dependencies.The located assembl' manifest definitation does not match the assembly reference.

 Hi All,

 I have got problem while deploying in windows server 2003.When I run deployed site I get this error,The error message is "could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' or one of its dependencies.The located assembl' manifest definitation does not match the assembly reference."

 Please help me to find the solution.

Regards,

Shiva Reddy.P

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} ..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

0
shiva994u

In the bin directory of your website, please check if you have the 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' dll is available.

This error might be, because you have the reference of the dll in the web.config and in the bin direcory , the dll is not available.

Hope this helps you

Thank you

0
venkatzeus
10/10/2008 10:43:22 AM

'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' is part of AJAX lib.  You can also install AJAX on your production server.

Bruce
DiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting by asp.netPRO Magazine
0
Bruce
10/10/2008 6:00:34 PM

Hi ,

I have not used any refernce of 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design'  ddl but y its coming again.

But i am unable to find the 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' dll also.If one know where the dll is present,Please guide me to find this.

Regards,

Shiva Reddy.P

0
shiva994u
10/11/2008 6:30:11 AM

hi,

try to add that dll in in your refernces and add it in GAC also

Please Mark as Answer if it helps you
0
naveen
10/11/2008 8:07:37 AM

Hi

If you have the Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design.dll file here: C:\Programme\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025 And try copying it to your web site's Bin folder.

Shazz
.Net Application Development
0
shazzmerc1

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference
I have seen many posts with this problem, but not one I found actually makes it clear to me how to solve it. The site is build with VS2008, and deploying it using VS2008 to my server works fine. Both my server and my development PC have ASP.NET 3.5 installed. I now have to deploy this web to a server that has ASP.NET 1, 1.1 and 2 (no 3.0, no 3.5). I copied the  the System.Web.Extensions.dll I found on the server to my bin directory (overwriting the one that came from my server). -> same error  The error is on line 95 of my web.config : 94   <httpModules>...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' does not match the assembly reference.
HI Group,i have tried all the possible solutions. but my web controls do not run on the live server. it runs perfectly allright on the local project.let me explain the problme in details. i am using. the tabstrip control on in my project. it runs without any problmes on the local machine (in the source coded controlled project). but when i deploy the project with the relevent dlls on th live server, this control fails. i have installed the controlls on the live server as well. i have tried to set all the relevent settings except the settings to change the path of  folder "ebctrl_client"...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does
Hi, We just upgraded our application to .Net 3.5 from .Net 2.0. I updated the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to the corresponding version for .net 3.5 but we are getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"  I tried to work around this using bindingredirect as following, but this did not solve the problem as I am stil...

located assembly's manifest definition name 'ExchangeProvider' does not match the assembly reference.
Hi,   We have been getting the following error when we do any exchange calls. The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'ExchangeProvider' does not match the assembly reference. Normally we have been able to work around this by uninstalling Exchange provider, and reinstalling it. But now, even doing that does now solve it.  Anyone know what is causing this issue?   Eric Hi, We have the same error message, when I try to change the mailboxplan from users. The problem exists since I have added more Serviceplans using "CreateSamplesServicesPlans". Any help w...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'ExcelXmlWriter' does not match the assembly reference
Hi im getting the error "The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'ExcelXmlWriter' does not match the assembly reference" this happens when i tried to load a dll excelxmlwriter. it did not load properly in web matrix and gave the error that it cannot load. thereafter when i hit the play button to view the page, i get the first error. I can however use the same files in IIS, which works fine. anyways i can use this dll. if not how do i get rid of this error? as i dnt want to publish each page to the web to test, i need to be able to view it once a i make a chan...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'System.Drawing' does not match the assembly reference.
I downloaded a control called ASP popup from Eeeksoft. I then used this on my machine to create a web project. It worked fine. The project was then literally copied to the server. The problem is that I get the following error now The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'System.Drawing' does not match the assembly reference. and it highlights the code for the control. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. JagdipIntelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan) Solve it. I think the problem was with version numbers. ...

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'MySql.Data' does not match the assembly reference.
Environment: VS 2003 (VB.Net); Frame Work = .NET 1.1; MySQL 5.0; Connector .Net 1.0; Web Host: GoDaddy My application works fine and can connect to MySQL on my laptop. Made necessary changes in the connection string as siad by GoDaddy: Server=p....; Port=1234; database=MyDatabase; UID=MyUID; Pwd=MyPwd. I am geeting the error "The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'MySql.Data' does not match the assembly reference. " I have MySQL.data.dll in my bin. Please help me in successfully connecting to MySQL DB on GoDaddy. Please let me know if you need more in...

Unable to load AjaxControlToolkit => The definition found of the manifest's assembly doesn't match the reference's assembly
 Hi, I'm working on a school project and I have to use the Ajax Control Toolkit. I created a solution with a website. The default asp page includes a TextBox, a ListBox and an Extender for the TextBox.Everythings works fine that way. Now, for the project, I have wrap my controls along with the Extender in a Custom Server Control. So I started to write a CSC for that (in a new project that is part of my Solution).It works correctly but as soon as I try to add an "Extender" object to my page, I get an error.The line that causes the website to bug is the follow...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest
hosting: ixwebhosting message error: Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.Source Error: [No relevant source lines]Source File: none    Line: 0 Assembly Load Trace: The following informatio...

Could not load file or assembly 'Intelligencia.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
 ASP.NET Version : 2.0Just now I have uploaded our website which is a pre-compiled one.  When I browse, I am getting error saying "Could not load file or assembly 'Intelligencia.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.". What this means ? I have this dll uploaded to bin directory. Anybody knows any workaround for this issue ? Thanks SincerelyNavaneeth.K.Nwww.w3hearts.comIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! hii used it many sites its working good check its rules i...

Web resources about - could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design' or one of its dependencies.The located assembl' manifest definitation does not match the assembly reference. - asp.net.config-deploy