Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies

I'm trying to deploy an ATLAS CTP build to a test server.

 I've made a simple page that updates a label to say "Hello" when a button is pressed.  So no AJAX stuff as yet.

I debug the application locally which works fine.

Then I copy the porject over to a test server, which runs on windows 2000 IIS ver 5.0 with ASP.NET 2.0 installed, the site runs under asp.net 2.0.  I've checked this.

 Then when I go to the page the following error is displayed:

Server Error in '/CIS19102006' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cis19102006\web.config line 47)

Source Error:

Line 45: 		</httpHandlers>
Line 46: 		<httpModules>
Line 47: 			<add name="WebResourceCompression" type="Microsoft.Web.Handlers.WebResourceCompressionModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Line 48: 			<add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
Line 49: 		</httpModules>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cis19102006\web.config    Line: 47

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Any help is extremely appreciated.

0
wongcheming

Did you try putting the Ajax dlls in the bin folder or your app on the server, copy them from your dev machine, probably  located at

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025

 If that doesn't work you may need to install so it goes into the GAC on the server.

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
10/30/2006 5:59:18 PM

<httpModules>

      <add name="WebResourceCompression" type="Microsoft.Web.Handlers.WebResourceCompressionModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

      <add name="ScriptModule" type="Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptModule, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

    </httpModules>

Make sure you delete the previous dll and add the new one

Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
10/30/2006 7:23:50 PM
Thanks a lot for the quick response.
0
wongcheming
10/31/2006 7:50:12 AM
how could i delete the previous versions an install the new one?
0
reguapo
11/6/2006 5:02:18 PM

I am having the exact same issue, but unfortunately our administrators won't let us install the ajax beta on the production server, so, I'm just wondering, shouldn't it be possible to just toss the dll's in the bin folder of the application like was done with the earlier ctps?  It seems like it would be silly to require the extensions be installed to the GAC, since there is no way some IT people are going to let that happen.  I have all the newest dll's in my bin folder, but I still get this annoying error every time.  Is there some modification I need to make to the web.config file to make it NOT look in the GAC?

P.S.  I know the application will work when asp.net ajax extensions are installed to the GAC, it's just when they aren't I'm having the problem..

0
jacobu9
11/14/2006 6:47:04 PM

It works fine for me just dropping the dlls in the bin.

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
11/14/2006 10:18:13 PM

I fully understand that this is still a beta version but it seems to me that there is no clear instruction how it will work. It seems like the user just have to install and find out how it work later.

Anyway, I have the same exact error. On my testing development, I installed both the ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPAJAXCTP.msi on the IIS server and also on my client PC. I tried putting the Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll in the bin folder and it's still not working. Any help is much appreciated.

0
mychucky
12/2/2006 11:41:52 PM
joeaudette:

It works fine for me just dropping the dlls in the bin.

Hope it helps,

Joe

 Hey j did you get this to work

KC Abramson
www.ORCradio.com
Web Application Developer
Integrated Software Solutions, Inc.

When you're feeling down just remember.....the best things in life are someone else's.
0
kcabrams

Yes it works fine for me. I wonder if the problem is when using the Web Site project Type in VS 2005 which doesn't normally have a bin folder. I use the newer web application project type from here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx

This type of project does compile everything to the bin folder, and I have no trouble with dropping the AJAX Extension and preview dlls in there. They work.

Hope it helps,

Joe

http://www.joeaudette.com
http://www.mojoportal.com
0
joeaudette
12/6/2006 11:50:33 PM

I did work for me too. You have to add all dlls in bin folder here are the names:

AjaxControlToolkit.dll (if there is a AjaxControlToolkit.pdb file then included that too)
AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll
Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll

 Compile you code and it should work.

Clickmaster!

0
clickmaster
12/12/2006 3:05:18 PM

It did work for me too. You have to add all dlls in bin folder here are the names:

AjaxControlToolkit.dll (if there is a AjaxControlToolkit.pdb file then included that too)
AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll
Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll

 Compile you code and it should work.

Clickmaster!

0
clickmaster
12/12/2006 3:05:26 PM

hi

I setup and this file and this file necessity but how can I use this new project and creat bin file

thanks

0
prokurs
12/16/2006 4:41:30 AM
clickmaster:

It did work for me too. You have to add all dlls in bin folder here are the names:

AjaxControlToolkit.dll (if there is a AjaxControlToolkit.pdb file then included that too)
AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll
Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll

 Compile you code and it should work.

Clickmaster!

Tried that doesn't work. But here's what I found out. I have two machines that uses the same project on the same web server. This machine does not have this error when compile so I take a look at it's .Net Framework 2.0 Configuration in the Assemly Cache and I found the Microsoft.Web.Extension listed under the Assembly Name but on the machine that has this compiled error, I do not find this assembly listed in the Assembly Cache. So my question is, how do I add it in the Assembly Cache? I tried the "Add an Assembly to the Assembly Cache option but I do not know which file to add. Help is still much appreciated.

0
mychucky
12/21/2006 8:15:13 PM

I just downloaded and tried the same sample, and still in 2008 M$ has this issue in their samples. This post started in 2006 and today will are will having this issue, not cool M$?

Every error message I came across while trying to run the samples downloaded from M$ I googled it and this site comes up at every search,  I love Microsoft products, but their implementation of Ajax really has searious issues; take a look at the amount of issues people have posted through out the last 3 years on this site; tons of issues...

Fire the AJAX team project lead and bring in someone that knows how to build and put out a project.

0
average_male
2/22/2008 10:51:16 PM

Did you resolve that problem?  I'm having the same problem now.  I do not know if the reason is I do not have Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll.

Any suggestions?

0
mabellez
6/26/2008 3:47:08 PM

I finally got it to work; found a solution on another forum, but I can't recall what the issue was; I think it was that I had to download a secondary SDK extension; continuing my AJAX development; I must say M$ needs to take a second look at how thier implementation of AJAX was release to the public; I can say with 100% confidence that all M$'s other products are pretty solid and well thought out; this AJAX however; must have been put together by a team that was new or had no clue.

 Sorry for the rant and lack of guidance; but I am perpetuating/mirroring the support that the AJAX team gets out to the public.

 _____________________________________
<reader to add his/her own snappy, thought-provoking words of wisdom here>

0
average_male
6/26/2008 5:01:09 PM

Thanks! I agree that!

0
mabellez
6/26/2008 5:04:48 PM

Ok, Oddly I found myself working on AJAX again today, on a different machine and needed to configure/install AJAX again. Here is what I noted:

[Assumption you are working with VS 2005, atleast these notes reflect 2005]

 1) Download "AJAX.NET 1.0"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en

2) Download "ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Futures January CTP"  [not sure if this was 100% needed, I was too lazy to try to uninstall it and confirm if it was needed or not]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4cb52ea3-9548-4064-8137-09b96af97617&displaylang=en

3) Within VS 2005 for a Web App, you will need to do one of the following:

   A) For a new web app: Create a new project, select "ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web Application"  [easy way out]

   B) For an existing web App, Do step A) and copy the sections out of the web.config file that are not present in your existing web app.

4) In design mode, you will notice a new tool bar section "AJAX Extensions", with in this tool bar, place the following controls
  A) ScriptManager  - Manages communication between the two objects noted below
  B) UpdatePanel  - Container for UI controls for input/output, the AJAX portal
  C) UpdateProgress - Container for UI output, progress indicator

Steps 4) are more for how to implement AJAX, 1) through 3) helped me get going with AJAX

 _______________________________
<Warning: M$ tends to move URLs around to keep their web users guessing, so links above may be moved, ha ha ha, I love it when that happens; those guys at M$, they really have a great sense of humor>

0
average_male
6/27/2008 12:57:05 AM

I had the same error with the sample code from the microsoft web site.  I created a bin folder and copied the dll's into it .. still no compile.

I created a Ajax enabled web site and copied the sample app code into it ... no luck.

Then I noticed that the error pointed to the web.config.  I got rid of the web.config that comes with the sample code and replace it with the web.config from  C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025.  That worked!

0
maramay

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below you see my web.config fileIm not sure about this part in the web.config, but if I remove it I receive a bunch of other errors about the <microsoft.web> section:    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">      <section name="converters" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ConvertersSection"/>    </sectionGroup>WEB.CONFIG<?xml version="1.0"?> <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies.
Hi,    I have installed new version of ASPAJAXCTP.msi, ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi and ASPAJAXSamples.msi which downloaded from the Microsoft website. I have opend the website TaskList from the website C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET AJAX Sample Applications and tried to run. When i pressing F5, it is giving compilation error   Error 50 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Program Files\Mic...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,                             PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>     </httpModules></system.web> The DLL present in my Bin folder  is AjaxControlToolkit.dll Version 1.0.20229.0What should I have do to run the project successfully.  Sunny PatilSoftware EngineerMumbai,India. You need to download and install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions. Follow this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en  I have solved this problem. This problem comes because  the two assemblies name as System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Design are not present in Global Assemble Cache (GAC) i.e. in C://Windows/Assembly folder. Therefore we need to add these two dll i...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation debug="true" defaultLanguage="c#"> Line 31: <assemblies> Line 32: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> Line 33: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/> Line 34: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>Source File: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\hamaracar.com\httpdocs\web.config    Line: 32 Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded. WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

AJAX Beta 2

Why do I get this error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
I downloaded a reputed sample project and cant get it started because I am getting this error: Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\bills system\Bills Desktop\test\Dashboard\src\Dashboard\web.config 46  What can I do?  You need to install AJAX extensions for asp.net 2.0. You can get it here:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ Which version of Visual Studio are you using? If you are not us...

Error Can't load assembly or file 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede hallar el arc
Hi all I am working with  ajax beta 2 , in the development server the project run well but in production server it generate this error: Error Can't load assembly or file 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado I I installed the ajax beta 2 in production server...  Thanks a lot TaylorI am so high I even touch the sky Hi,I have the same problem. I think in my case it has something to do with the upgrade from "Atlas" to "ASP.NET AJ...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
 Hello everyone.i m facing Required field validators problem  with ajax.Validators works fine in my application when it runs  frm localhostBut when I deployed the application on server it stops working.the thing i was missing  <tagMapping> tag.  <tagMapping>        <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompareValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>   &n...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. (E:\SES3\Frontend\SESWe
After installingthe new Ajax release, I cannot compile my project. I tryied removing the <tagMapping>from the web.config, and was able to compile the project, BUT I go error on page: sys.argumentundefinedexception: value cannot be undefined. parameter name  Regards, Adina There is a known problem with the validators with the RTM.  More info about it here. I was getting the "Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions.." error too!  My project finally compiled correctly after removing the <tagMapping&g...

 Hi I Have installed ".netTiers 2.2 " from   http://www.nettiers.com/download.aspxi have installed codesmith also ..i have set the properties as it has been shown in "  http://docs.nettiers.com/GettingStarted.ashx   " in this when i build the application its giving the error "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.    C:\NetTiers\Northwind\Northwind.Websi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
I need to use Ajax in my application. It works fine on my Dev machine but as soon as I load it to the server, it blows up.     Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specifi...

coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi
I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista). The problematics machines has these components installed: 1.Net framework 3.5 sp1 2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp 3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1 It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP. I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed. Here is my web.config ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
Hi, I've recently downloaded latest version of the AjaxControlToolkit (AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip  runtime binary, 1634K, uploaded Nov 30 - 17686 downloads - Version 3.0.11119.0). I want to add it to my normal website Toolbox but I get "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" error message. my Web.config file has <compilation debug="true"><assemblies> <add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Library, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 I get this error when i add the reference of Microsoft.Sharepoint.dll in my web application. My requirement is to display the Performance point Server Dashboards and Reports in my web application. When i deployed this application on the same server where the share point is deployed and tried using the <WebPartPages:SPWebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server" EnableClientScript="true"/> control i get the error Object reference not set to instance of an object. I have registered the control using the following: <%@ Register TagPre...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web server   Please  installed Reportviewer Package freely available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a166cac-758d-45c8-b637-dd7726e61367&displaylang=en...

Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does
Hi, We just upgraded our application to .Net 3.5 from .Net 2.0. I updated the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to the corresponding version for .net 3.5 but we are getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.10618.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"  I tried to work around this using bindingredirect as following, but this did not solve the problem as I am still getting the error. <assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit" publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e" culture="neutral"/><bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.10618.0" newVersion="3.0.20229.20843"/> Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks --Sam Flip through your web config, pay special attention to assemby and tagprefix sections, and look for bad references. Also double check that you have the right version in your bin (could be one of those d'oh! things ;-) ) If you just want to reference something in the bin, all you really need is the assembly name (not version, culture, or public key), so if you want to make future deployments easier you can just take those out. Please remember to Mark As Answered if this post has answered your question I tried another test page using ajaxcontroltoolkit and it worked fine. the ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies
 C#, VS2005, Webforms. **NOTE** This page loads fine when I "View in broswer" locally...but when I'm on our web server, below occursYesterday when I left work, my web app worked fine.  Today, I get this error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) No idea how to fix it or what was done.  I have google searched this for 3 hours now and have not netted a definitive answer.  I'm loosing my mind. My Web.config has a reference to this in two spots:      <configSections>        <section name="enterpriseLib...

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference
I have seen many posts with this problem, but not one I found actually makes it clear to me how to solve it. The site is build with VS2008, and deploying it using VS2008 to my server works fine. Both my server and my development PC have ASP.NET 3.5 installed. I now have to deploy this web to a server that has ASP.NET 1, 1.1 and 2 (no 3.0, no 3.5). I copied the  the System.Web.Extensions.dll I found on the server to my bin directory (overwriting the one that came from my server). -> same error  The error is on line 95 of my web.config : 94   <httpModules>...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Administration, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
Hi Every one,When i try to open the IIS 7 i am getting a window which accept username and password but when i try to enter using my username and password i am getting this below error message Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Administration, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35Any Solution? Machine ConfigurationWindows Server 2003 SP 2Visual Studio.NET 2008 IIS 6 (Already Installed)I installed Microsoft IIS Manager Version 7.0     Thanks & RegardsRamkumar.Vwww.tnbytes.cominfo@tnbytes.comPlease: Don't f...

Web resources about - Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies - asp.net.config-deploy