Configuration Error - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0

Hey everyone,

I am very very very new to development.  In fact, this is my first website.  I've built the site and it works fine when I test it on my local machine, but when I try to deploy it and type in the URL, I get the following error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 96: 		</httpHandlers>
Line 97: <httpModules>
Line 98: <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 99: </httpModules>
Line 100: </system.web>

 I've looked all over for a solution but can't really seem to find anything.  I'm using VS Web developer Express 2008.  I've found some people who have managed to fix their respective problems that are similar but are using different versions and I can't figure out how to do it in VS Express 2008.

Perhaps this is a pretty basic question?

 Thanks!

gimpy28

make sure that the 3.5 extensions are installed on the server you are deploying to.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
8/25/2008 1:01:47 AM

Hey...how...exactly...would I do that?...LOL.  I'm such a noob.

Can I install it myself or is that something I have to ask my hosting provider about?

Sorry for all the dumb questions!

0
gimpy28
8/25/2008 1:09:49 AM

the 3.5 extensions do not deploy with your app.  they're expected to already be on the server.

you'd need to check with your host.

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
8/25/2008 1:33:24 AM

 Nice...Thanks for all your help.  I'll check with my host tomorrow and hopefully that fixes it.  Either way...I'll be in touch!

 =)

0
gimpy28
8/25/2008 1:40:21 AM

So you were right...the 3.5 extensions weren't installed.  They just installed them now and everything seems to be ok!

THANKS! =)

0
gimpy28

coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi
I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista). The problematics machines has these components installed: 1.Net framework 3.5 sp1 2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp 3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1 It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP. I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed. Here is my web.config ...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
Hi guys. I have created a Web Site on IIS 6.0 on a remote server. I installed .NET 2.0 + configured server side extensions.  I then installed Visual Web Developer 2008 on my local XP machine. This installed .NET 3.5. I created a New Web Site in VWD 2008 (using HTTP). I connect OK to the remote server. However when I try to preview the default.aspx I receive error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your conf...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
on my localhost, everything is working just fine, developing a few hours... then i publish to another server (windows server 2003)...and suddenly my website is broken. i could track i down to a scriptreference in my scriptmanager - which used to work perfectly.now i don't know where it went wrong - because i developed several things, including the addition of autocomplete textbox with the control toolkitbut even after removing all the code for the autocomplete textbox, the problem wasn't solved. i seem to be the first one to have this problem, because google doesn't return anythi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
 I developed my asp.net project using VS 2005. My web server is a Windows server 2003 and is installed framework 2.0 and Ajax 1 extension. Everrything works well until I intalled VS 2008 in my development machine.My website works fine on my development machine. But when I publish it to my web server, it raise a parser error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0... I used ajax toolkit in my project. First, I found the web.config contained a statement: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0 (and etc.) HRESULT 0x8013104
That little HRESULT, as you may know, means exactly what the error says: The assembly wasn't found. I have a Visual Studio 2005 web project I'm publishing into a folder.  When I copy that folder up to it's location on my test server, I get the following message because .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed on that server (nor should it have to be--the AJAX extension DLL is already on that server). I looked though all my Project settings, to see if I was missing something that was telling VS to reference System.Web.Extensions as a .NET 3.5 (instead of an ASP.NE...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

Why do I get this error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
I downloaded a reputed sample project and cant get it started because I am getting this error: Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\bills system\Bills Desktop\test\Dashboard\src\Dashboard\web.config 46  What can I do?  You need to install AJAX extensions for asp.net 2.0. You can get it here:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ Which version of Visual Studio are you using? If you are not us...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Web resources about - Configuration Error - Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0 - asp.net.config-deploy

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...