Cannot connect to the database after deploying using aspnet_compiler

I've developed a asp.net app using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. After tested ok in the Visual Web Developer, it is deployed by precompiing using: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler -v /test_src -p c:\vwd2005\test -u c:\test

After creating a virtual directory for c:\test, I browsed to localhost/test/Default.aspx. The page is displayed ok, but fails on a function which required connection to the sql 2005 express database. Error: Cannot open database "Test" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'COMPUTERNAME\ASPNET'.

This is very very very strange...

Have I missed up something?

Thanks,

Ben

0
Ben

Ben,

          u just ur Lan connection properly.. there is a Lan connection problem has occured..`

0
vjay
7/1/2008 6:44:06 AM

I found the thread http://forums.asp.net/t/939300.aspx and manage to resolve the issue by assigning ASPNET a/c to the SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$<machinename>$SQLExpress group.

Thanks,

Ben

0
Ben

pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects
pls, why do people use InstallShild for .Net applications deployement since VS2003 already includes setup & deployement projects thanks for satisfying my curiousity:)Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Hello, Because the VS2003 deployment projects don't have as many functionalities as InstallShield. A simple example - from VS2003 deployment project you can't start the application automatically (or if user selects) after install. RegardsFlorin Antoci...

Initialising and using a database connection using web.config
Hi All,I'm getting quite confused.Up until now I have used VS.NET to create my database connection for each page which I have created in my web app.However, I really need to store the connection string in one place (i.e. web.config) to make any changes alot easier.Can somebody give me an example of how to initialise this connection string and open the database connection using C#, then run a very simple SQL statement with 1 parameter, just so I can see the syntax.I have tried a few different ways but no luck as yet.Thanks in advance. In the web.config file, create a new tag <appSettings...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

Cannot connect to database once deployed
Hi,  Here’s my scenario.  I have two machines:  DevBox Windows 2000 IIS version 5  Desktop WindowsXP Pro IIS version 5.1  I open Visual Web Developer 2008 express on desktop and Select File>open Website, and browse to a folder on DevBox.  Once opened I run the project using F5 and it does as it should (I click a button and it connects to a database and displays information on a page).    The trouble starts when I open IE6 on desktop and type in http://devbox/websitename/default.aspx.  It finds the website and displays exactly the ...

How to deploy dotnetnuke using a setup and deployment project !!
Hi, I created a website using DotNetNuke 3.0.9 . i would like to create a setup for the website so that i can install it on a production server . I tried to create a new setup and deployment project for Dotnetnuke but am getting errors in doing os .. has anyone been able to create a setup to create teh dotnetnuke database with the configuration for different modules .. if so please guide me on how should i go about it. Thanks, Atul Hello,not really sure what you are trying to do... could you maybe post some details about the errors you are facing, so we can better understand th...

Error when deploy agent using deployment wizard
Hi, I am trying using Deployment wizard to deploy agent to the windows workstation. Sometime it will return an error "failed-success (10)" . what does it mean ? Thank you. Steven foong Steven, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and o...

Re-deploy a deployment
I have made a deployment of about forty patches which i deployed to a testgroup. Now I need to deploy this to the rest of the pc's in my office and would like to re-use the old deployment. So I want to change an old deployment and then redeploy it. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? thanks -- eddzzz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eddzzz, have you tried going to the deployment, checking the box next to it and clicking deploy at the bottom of the page? :) -- Shaun Pond That sounds very obvious, s...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Can I deploy ASE connections when deploying web target in PB8?
Hi, I defined a SYC (open client) connection in PB8's DB profile, and use it to retrieve data in a web target. I select to deploy the db connection when deploy the target. But, after the deployment, from the powerdynamo, I found the deployed connection is not set to type of open client, but odbc, the same as the powerdynamo website connection. How to solve the problem? Feng ...

Connection to database using web.config
Hello, How can I give database connection string in web.config file and how can I call it on other pages of my directory in the same folder. Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Uday. In the web.config, you can store the connection string as follows:- <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="ConnectionString" Value="server=localhost;uid=sa;pwd=sa;database=Test" /> </appSettings> </configuration> Thereafter, you can retrieve it in your pages using the following code:- if you are using c# =============...

Deploying a Web Application with database connectivity
I have developed an ASP.NET Web application which up to now I have been running on my own development machine. But a recent switch from a dedicated ADSL modem to a shared router has rendered my Web site invisible to its users. That, and the problems of maintaining 24/7 availability, have caused me to investigate installing my site on a commercial hosting service. But I am confused about how to deal with the (Access) database that the Web pages interact with, which currently resides in a quite separate folder on my development machine. When I deploy the application, the path to the databas...

Connecting to a database using web.config
Hi all,I've been trying to place my connection string parameter to the web.config but never had success on it.I've got the following code below added in the web.config file which i derived from one of the posts here. Am i missing something or is there any other things i need to do?<AppSettings>      <add key="dsn"  value="packet size=4096;user id=slagan;password=abcde;data source=MCRIBS;persist security    info=False;initial catalog=ribs_csc"/></AppSettings>Please help! Thanks I always use http://www.connectionstrings.com ...

Error when attempting database connection after deploying
I deployed the page to a test server, freshly formatted (W2K server). First none of the pages would show untill we gave the asp_net user admin rights. After first compile, we removed the admin rights and everything works fine on normal pages that do not attempt database connections. We have 2 types of database access, some pages go to an access database using the oledbconnection, the other type is SQL 7.0 using the sqlconnection. When one of these pages are visited, we get the following errors: ========================================= application event log error ------------ ...

Web resources about - Cannot connect to the database after deploying using aspnet_compiler - asp.net.config-deploy

Announcing StackExchange.Precompilation
... to meta, and later production (those deployment build times increased accordingly as well). We tracked down the increased build times to aspnet_compiler.exe ...

Frequently Asked Questions / Getting started / Knowledge Base - AppHarbor Support
Where .NET apps grow and prosper - Have a question on how to use AppHarbor? Find the answer here.

Stack Overflow · GitHub
GitHub is where people build software. More than 11 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 27 million projects. ...

Software Publisher Certificate Test Tool (Cert2spc.exe)
Developer Network MSDN subscriptions Get tools Sign in Home Technologies Cloud Mobile Web Business Data Gaming Dev centers Connect Tech Advisors ...

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between May 2014 Building Multiple Filters with Lo-Dash and AngularJS Compile, ...

NuGet Gallery - StackExchange.Precompilation.Build 3.0.0
Replaces CSC and aspnet_compiler.exe with StackExchange.Precompiler for compiling C# (.cs) and Razor View (.cshtml) files in asp.net mvc 5 projects. ...

CorFlags Conversion Tool (CorFlags.exe)
Developer Network MSDN subscriptions Get tools Sign in Home Technologies Cloud Mobile Web Business Data Gaming Dev centers Connect Tech Advisors ...

ASP.NET Compilation Tool (Aspnet_compiler.exe)
The ASP.NET Compilation tool (Aspnet_compiler.exe) enables you to compile an ASP.NET Web application, either in place or for deployment to a ...

Archive
Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between Sep 2014 Features Of ES6 Part 5: The Spread Aug 2014 Karma Is Not Just ...