Asp. mvc deployment on IIS6, site very slow

Hi all,

 I've created a very simple site for a restaurant, http://www.peterpoxpub.com. Deployed it on a windows 2003 sever with IIS6. But the site as you see take a very long time to load.

 The images in the style are very small, for example the left menu image is 97Kb.
 Also it might help to know the site is on .net 3.5

Any ideas on this please ?

Regards Calin.
1
calin

hi.. even in my intranet site i face this problem.. for the first time it is taking too much time to load.. or if i sit idle for 20 minutes also it is taking time.. its because the process is shutting down for memmory management...

to reduce this problem, in my Internet Information Server, uncheck the workerprocess of my site... i'll tell u how

IIS -> Expand Application Pools -> (in the new window)  select Performance tab -> uncheck the idle time out. ..

0
joseabie

Deploy a site and then deploy changes only !!
 Hi everyone,I do some asp.net 2.0 development .. and currently i deploy my tests .. using Build + publish ... !and then .. i copy & paste the "PrecompiledApp.config" + Bin("App_Code.dll" + "App_Web_4tzghadp.dll..."... etc) + aspx files ... !!This is fine and everything works !!However ... when i modify anything .. even if i add one If statement .. or Response.Write ... i redo the same steps !!! again and again ... (publish & copy & paste &&& ) ..... Notice that .. I don't replace the web.config .. because on my server ...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Re-deploy a deployment
I have made a deployment of about forty patches which i deployed to a testgroup. Now I need to deploy this to the rest of the pc's in my office and would like to re-use the old deployment. So I want to change an old deployment and then redeploy it. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? thanks -- eddzzz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eddzzz, have you tried going to the deployment, checking the box next to it and clicking deploy at the bottom of the page? :) -- Shaun Pond That sounds very obvious, s...

.Net deployment loading slow
I am deploying a 11.5 PB .net application out to an ISS server. The first time loading takes 1 to 2 minutes. If I close the application/browser and go back in 10 minutes later than the loading takes a few seconds. If I go back about two hours later, then back to loading in 1 or 2 minutes. I have been told that native .Net does not have this problem but PB does. Are we missing something? Hi David; This has nothing to do with PB .. its ASP.Net. After deploying a new version of any Webform application - try compiling the application using the ASP.Net Compiler ... C:\>...

Develop in .NET 3.5...Deploy on .NET 3.0...Assembly strong name issue in web.config
Hi. I develop locally using web developer express 2008. I have .NET 3.5 installed on the development machine.I am trying to deploy to a Windows Server 2003 machine running.NET 3.0.Not surprisingly, I get an error about the strong assembly names referenced all over my web.config when I try to access the site on the production server.I don't think any of my code truly relies on .NET 3.5--it should all be compatible with the 3.0 framework.Here's my error message:Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Web Deployment: How to deploy virtual dirs und a web site?
I have a web site that is hosted in IIS. Everything works fine with deployment.Now, I've added a virtual directory (without application bit) under this website in IIS and I've added a Web Site project to my solution. Working with this extension is fine.But now I want that the deployment project also copies the contents of the virtual dir when I deploy the main web site. I've found out that I have to check the setting "Use IIS metabase for source input". Leaving this setting unchecked the virtual dir is not copied.But then I get the following error: C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDepl...

Deploy to IIS6.0, adding .mvc not working
Following the other posts regarding deployment to Windows Server 2003, I added the .mvc extension to my controllers in my route mappings. However, this still doesn't do the trick for me.  The default page works, but nothing else.One thing is that my deployment is in a subfolder, such that my url looks like: http://myhost.com/subdir/controller.mvc/action.  I don't have any options on not using subdir at the moment either.Any idea what I need to get this working? regards,Matt   Did you update the routing as well with .mvc? If you arent using one of the HTML H...

Deploying without the .mvc extension on IIS6.0
Hi all, Coming towards deploying my MVC application, i've noticed that most sites/blogs/microsoft recommend using the following routhing: "[controller].mvc/[action]/[id]" now, that works great for me with IIS6.0 :) but, is there away to avoid the .mvc extension attached to the controller's name? ( certainly i've tried using "[controller]/[action]/[id]" without much success =/ ) Thank in advance !! Try this: http://www.flux88.com/UsingASPNETMVCOnIIS6WithoutTheMVCExtension.aspx Thanks :) Although I wish I could avoid using URL rewriting... thank...

Deploying a site
Ok, I've just completed a site in localhost/development environment. After getting a suitable host, how do I shift my application over? I know I don't have to upload the source files or anything, what steps should I follow? Are there any other considerations to take when deploying a project? Microsoft ASP.NET Enthusiast use the 'copy project' wizard in Visual Studio to get a copy with only the files needed for deployment, then simply upload it to your host via whatever method they recommend. FTP or WebDav are the usual methods - with webdav you can do this right from the IDE. and...

Slow Deployment
Hi. I try Appeon 2.8 Enterprise Edition. Which is the reason of slow deployment of menu objects in this version? Do you think exists any problem with my appeon developer config? I use PB 8.0.4 build 10726, EAServer 5.0.0 & SQL Anywhere 8 on Windows XP Pro SP1. Thanks Johny. Johny, How slow is the deployment for the menu object? Please send the deployment log to me for further study. Appeon engineers deployed various applications and did not see specific deployment performance issue with menu objects. One suggestion for having the best deployment performance is, b...

Deployment detail missing from some deployments
Server Version: 6.4.2.1549, Agent Version: 6.4.2.405 This just started today. Under Deployments, I click the "+" sign next to a few of my named deployments and the only thing I see is the gray header with "Action" "Taskname" "Scheduled Date" and the icons. My package, the number of successful devices, and the number of failures, etc. are missing. I think this is odd so I go to delete the deployment and receive a pop up message to "Select an item first." So, I have deployments that contain no information and I cannot delete them. This ...

Deploying and Re-deploying applications
I deploy my asp.net apps by dragging and throwing bin folder and aspx files into the root directory of my hosted server. If I make any changes to my app, I re-deploy my app by again dragging and throwing bin folder and aspx files into the root directory of my hosted server. My question is: (1) What happens when a user is using my website, and I re-deploy my asp.net applcation? (2) How do I ensure that when I re-deploy my asp.net app, it does not affect the users who are already on my site. regards Well, when you change the web.config file the application restarts. This kill...

Mvc.net Preview 2 does not work when deploying to Shared Hosting
I used Mvc.net First Preview before and I successfully deploy to IIS 6.0 Win2003 (Shared Hosting). Now, with the same code (some modified to meet the new API of Mvc.net Preview 2), I try to upload to the same server with the same configuration (Mapping .mvc extension, Install .net 3.5, Copy System.Web.Mvc.dll, System.Web.Abstractions.dll, System.Web.Routing.dll to the bin Directory). The problem is when I access www.domainname.com, it should show me /Home.mvc/Index page but the page is white blank. It is showing Default.aspx which is empty page that we need to add to support mvc.n...

deployments just sitting there and not deploying
ive chosen 4 vulnerabilites to push to a machine.. i go through and keep most all the defautls during wizard setup... all is good, they cache fine, they show up under that machines 'deployments' page... but they dont start, they sit there saying 'not started', any ideas? and whats the huge difference between local time and the universal time options? should you use one over the other? are the agents contacting the ZPM server? You'd use UTC if you were an organisation spread over multiple timezones and you wanted to deploy something to every machine at the ...

Web resources about - Asp. mvc deployment on IIS6, site very slow - asp.net.config-deploy

Deployment diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To describe a web site, for example, a deployment diagram would show what hardware components ("nodes") exist (e.g., a web server, an application ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
A lot of sensitive data is sent over email, so we encrypt emails in transit via STARTTLS when available. STARTTLS has been around for 15 years, ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Motive Security Guardian (formerly Kindsight Security) now supporting virtualized deployments - YouTube ...
Patrick Tan, General Manager of Network Intelligence at Alcatel-Lucent, discusses enhancements to the Motive Security Guardian – a cloud based, ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop: Military deployments and peacekeeping to count as foreign aid
Australia will begin to count the costs of its military and police deployments in humanitarian disasters and UN peacekeeping operations as part ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...