Application not working after deployed, but working in debug mode

 Hello

My application is working properly in debug mode.

But when I deploy on another machine. It does not show textboxes on login page.

If I deploy on my own machine then also it works properly.

Both machine have same OS, XP professional.

Do I need to install entire VS2005 on other machine. While creating web setup project, i've selected prerequisits as,

Microsoft Data Access components 2.8

.Net framework 2.0

Crystal reports for .Net framework 2.0

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Report viewer

and selected option as, download prerequisits from same location as my application.

Also on new machine there are 3 partitions, C, E and F. OS is loaded on E drive. In IIS setting I've changed default web site path to C:\inetpub\wwwRoot.

if I just type http://localhost, IE launches default iis page.

I created new setup project and deployed again but same error. I checked error log text file also. But no new error has been written to it.

Please someone help me on this.

TIA,

Puneri

0
Puneri

Most likely you didn't configure ASP.NET for the site or haven't created an application in IIS.  See www.iis.net for help too.

Jeff

jeff

Application works deployed in Debug mode, but not Release
For some reason my application works great when I deploy it in debug mode and run it. When I deploy it in release mode, I get an HttpException saying "Response not available in this context." What the application does is connect to a Shoutcast stream, reads data from the stream, and outputs it to the client. My ReadStreamData() and WriteStreamData() methods are run in 2 separate threads. In release mode the application will begin playing back for about a minute and then throw the HttpException. I'm not really sure why this magically works great in debug mode, then works for about a minute in...

App_data login not working when deployed but works in debug
Hi Im quite new to asp.net and require your expertise.  I created a simple ASP.NET project, using VS2008 with sql2005 it has a Default.aspx and a login.aspx page. The Default.aspx page just has a simple text box. And the login.aspx page just has a login control. I used the visual studio "asp.net configuration" tool to set up a user and a password. I can run my web page just fine in "debug" mode - the login.aspx page opens fine and after I enter my user name and password, I get directed to my default.aspx page correctly. When I publish my web-site the App_D...

Problems with Interop Assemblies deployment. App is just not working on Deployment (working in development)
Hi, I have created an assembly which uses visio interop assemblies to genernate visio documents at runtime at server. And I am using it in a web application to generate visio documents on the fly. it is working perfectly in development system. When I deploy the same on a clean machine it is unable to work in my web application. It is not throwing any error too. If I copy the whole solution to my deployment stage server and build the solution, the application starts working fine and never stopped working until I format the machine...This is weird ! Though I deleted that entire...

Works in preview but only works randomly once deployed
Hi, I have an HTML page built using Powersite (with the patch). It opens a popup window and calls a function in that window numerous times in order to pass data that will populate a list box (HTML SELECT) in the popup window. This all works great when done in Preview within PowerSite. However, once deployed into PowerDynamo and accessed via a browser, I get the following error: Object does not support this property (on the line number where the funciton is called). Now, the thing is that this doesn't happen every time. Sometimes it works and the data is passed successfully i...

Web Deployment Newbie...can I still deploy the regular way if Web Deployment doesnt work how I need?
Hi guys. I have some projects I need to deploy to a remote server(outisde the company firewall)I am using the current 2.0 method of publishing the files to a local directory and FTP'ing to the remote server. I replace DLL files when needed. If I install Web Deployment will any of the existing methods of publishing a website be affected ?Can I use the PRE-web development method to publish once its installed ?   Thanks     I am assuming you are talking about Web Deployment Projects addin. Yes, publish will still work without any problem if you install Web Deployme...

Global Asax working at local but not working at the deployment
is there any reason not to work on my server?is there any iis setting for that  <%@ Application Language="C#" %> <script runat="server"> void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that runs on application startup }   void Application_End(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that runs on application shutdown }   void Application_Error(object sender, EventArgs e) { string url = ""; url = UIHelper.RedirectURL(Request.Url.AbsolutePath); Response.Redirect(url); } void Session_Start(object sender, EventArgs e) { // Code that ...

Application not working after published/deployed
I am using MVS2008 to build a web application consists of several buttons.  When a button is clicked (On-click), it will launch an application (i.e. SecureCRT, Dos Window, etc).  I use the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\SecureCRT\\SecureCRT.exe") for launching the SecureCRT, and System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("command") for launching the Dos window. When I test this the web application in the development environment, it works.  But, when I published/deployed on my computer, it just nothing happens when a button is click.&...

application deployed-tomcat not working
Hello, I configured Apache on SLES 10 it is working fine, later I configured Tomcat too and http://localhost:8080 opens the jakarta page which is fine, I did deploy a small war file an application in /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps/ but when I point to the http://localhost:8080/APPNAME... it is not work, the log file says "JAVA_HOME is not pointing to the JDK" but i do have java env variable set to /usr/lib/jvm/jre... I do not know whether i should point java_home to jdk or jre.. however i do not have jdk installed as of now And I have CATALINA_HOME pointing to /usr/...

AJAX not working on deployed server, but works on test server
Hello, I tried to search on this question, but I'm not sure how to form it, so if it has been answered, my appologies. I had an application developed by a 3rd party company using ASP.NET (2.0, C#) and AJAX.  On their test server the AJAX is working.  I have a page that has three drop downs.  The top drop down populates the second and the second populates the third.  On my production box, the app is not getting the new data for the second and third drop downs.  (But it does on the test server)  I am running MS 2003 server with IIS and ASP.NET and AJAX insta...

Deployed, not working
Hi, I have downloaded the portal on a local machine (HS02), and it works fine. Now I made a virtual file on an other machine (HS03) and just referenced the share on HS02. I also entered a UID and PWD for HS02. That's all (but probably more should be done) I have experimented a lot, and read just about all newsgroups, which said something about my errormessage. The advies I see in newgroups are "build it again", but that does not solve my problem. I still get same the errormessage. I am sure I did something wrong, but what ????? Kind regards, Fred -----------...

Deployment Not Working
I have an asp.net app in Visual Studio.net When I run the debug it runs fine. When I deploy the code to our production server overwriting the current production app, it does not work. I replace the dll files in the /bin directory but still no luck. It has worked on my local development and another staging server, but not the production server. The only difference I can see in the server setup is that the production server is https while other environments are http. Does the production server need to get restarted after I deploy the code? Is there something in the app settings that...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Javascript popup function working in debug mode and not working on IIS
Hi all,There is a GridView with anchors as for image buttons. They show aspx pages as popup windows. the way this happens is throuh a <div> in the page with visibility: hidden. the aspx pages show in this <div>. Three of the popup functions use the same approach generally and are working fine in debug mode. When I post the site one of them isn't showing the window. Now I am not very good with javascript so I suppose that I am missing something. function ShowPriceForYou(e, item_id, measure_id, qty, postGroup_id){        var pageX = getMouseXPos(e)...

Works on Client, doesn't work on Deployment server
I'm trying to deploy an application that has been tested and works fine on the client but now suddenly doesn't work on the server at all.  Its very bizarre.  If anyone has an ideas, as I'm pulling my hair out. This is the error: Server Error in '/Admin' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object ...

Web resources about - Application not working after deployed, but working in debug mode - asp.net.config-deploy

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...