An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c

*** Repost of original locked thread of "webmaster@dotcom-sys.com" ***

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
AM GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS,THE APPLICATION WORKS FINE IN MY LOCAL WEB SERVER
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet

As the error explains, add the following section to the web.config file on the right place:

<configuration>

<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

In order to get this working, the folder containing the web.config file should be marked in IIS as an application (via inetmgr, properties of the folder, "Create Application" button). When the custom errors are disabled, you'll get detailed information about the error that occurred (information about the exception itself).
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
12/29/2004 6:10:12 PM
*** Reply of "ranganh" ***

Hi Webmaster,
If you lock the thread, no one can reply for your post.
Anyway, please check This Article on the error.
It should help you in solving your problem.
Thanks.
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
12/29/2004 6:11:49 PM

Contactl your host and ask them to set the application directory for asp.net and also give full control to asp.net account on your domian folder,and please confirm that the server is supporting asp.net 2.0 instead of asp.net 1.1.

Prajeesh KK

ASp.net Developer

(If this post is helpful, please mark as an answer )

Regards,

Prajeesh
Web Developer
ipix solutions
My Blog:Prajeesh's Tech blog
My company :IPIX Solutions
1
prajeeshkkindia

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely...
 Hi everyone, I've just uploaded my ASP.NET application on a new web host. But now whenever I load any .aspx page, I get this error: Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on rem...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

I have error in page .. application error from being viewed remotely
I have Make the page fro sending the email from website . iupload it on the web but it show error like thsi *********** Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <cust...

Server Error in Application error
Hi, I have been having this error with my asp page once it is on the server. Off the server running on a local machine it works fine. Its a form which inserts records to a database. Operation must use an updateable query. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.Source Error: Line 43: cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("Choice3", d...

Server Error in '/' application occurs when trying to view a micromedia/flash presentation. Any idea of this error?
  Server Error in '/' Application. Argument 'Number' must be greater or equal to zero. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Argument 'Number' must be greater or equal to zero.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the excep...

Deployment error(Server Error in '/' Application.)
i have deployed website it giving following error. i have already set  mode ="off",but html pages are working fine  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to b...

What does this error mean?
  Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'BUECapture.Logon'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Logon.aspx.vb" Inherits="BUECapture.Logon" %> Line 2: Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitio...

custom error handling for application error
Hi check the following code i cant get any mail about the error on page  i don;t think there is some problem with sending and receving of mail but i think the code in global.asa file is not executed in application failure any suggestions.. Is there any other way to check if the code in global.asa is at any point executed thanx heaps Mrugesh      -----> Config file <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="errpage.aspx">   <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.aspx"/>&n...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

.NET Error Message "Server Error in '/' Application."
I continue to get this error message randomly for several .NET applications and I'm trying to determine if this issue is "Permissions" or "Application Configuration" related.  What are the necessary NTFS security groups and rights that should be applied to the file directories?  Or what is the resolution to resolving this complex problem? HELP! moblack29   The first step is posting the full error message. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Helo Me :((
I wrote One ASP.NET page With C# , the follow Code :System.Drawing.Graphics myGraphics;System.Drawing.Image iB;System.Drawing.Image iF;System.Drawing.Image iM;iB = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath("Images\\pooria.jpg") ;iF = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath("Images\\hosted.gif");iM = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath("Images\\pooria.jpg") ;myGraphics = System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(iM);myGraphics.DrawImageUnscaled(iB,0,0);myGraphics.DrawImageUnscaled(iF,0,0);myGraphics.Save();in The Red line (myGraphics.Save) Send me error : Server Error in '/' Applicat...

Error after deploying my application on a remote server
I have an extended starter  kit application that is running ok on my local web server on my machine but am getting error after deploying the application on a remote server. i know it is a connection string issue but am having problems modifying the web.config file. My hosting service installed SQL express server for me  that is  running  as a server and they have given me  the following parameters for the connection string Example, Server name: 218.123.1563,1246  database name: something.   Any ideas how i can modify the web.config to make the app...

Web resources about - An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c - asp.net.config-deploy

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...