.net 1 .. connection string problem with sql server 2005 SP2

Hi All,

 I have a prpblem that drivnig me mad... I have some old projects in .net 1 that I am having to move the databases. At the moment the webistes and database are on the same server. I have now moved the database but the connectionn string in the webconfig no longer works. I am using the following connection string.

 <add key="ConnectionString"  value="  Server=xx.xx.xx.xx; Network=DBMSSOCN; Database=xxxxxxx; Uid=xx; Pwd=xxxxxxxx;"/>

 When the website resides on the same server the connection string works but when they are on different servers it doesnt  I pressume I am missing a value in the connection string?... any ideas

Much appreciated.

Lee

0
stonecoldbossman

When I deal with connection stings I always take a look at this site:

http://connectionstrings.com/

there you can find what you need.

I hope this helps.

http://pavkata.blogspot.com/
0
mystery
8/22/2007 7:48:24 PM

Hi

Thanks this did help.... I had to specify the port.

Lee

0
stonecoldbossman

ADO.Net connection problems with SQL Server 2005
Hi. Im try to use ADO.Net for connection to SQL Server 2005. In my developer workstation connection work fine, but in the clients, don�t connect. .Net 2.0 is installed, SQL Client for sql server 2005 is installed Help me please. Hi, In general, if you have registered the following 2 DLLs,ADO will work Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.dll Sybase.PowerBuilder.DbExt.dll they are located under the folder Disk:\Program Files\Sybase\powerbuilder 11 You can get the folder from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0->Location &quo...

.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul...

.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2
Hi,I run .net 1.1, VS2003 with SQL Server Enterprise Manager v 8.0 on my home XP Pro machine.I have recently purchased some hosting with SQL Server 2005 capabilities.  I was in a real rush but I should have checked I suppose.I would love to be able to use my Enterprise Manager but obviously that wont work as it isnt compatible with 2005. It would be preferable not to have to use the web based admin and I have been told I have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, which requires .net 2.0 to be installed. It seems a bit of a mess really.Can anyone enlighten me as to w...

.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul No. You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.*******...

Can we deploy a .net 1.1 app to a .net 2.0 server?
Hi, We have been hosting an app on a server that has ASP and ASP.net 1.1 support.  We are now moving to an ISP that has ASP, ASP.net 1.1 and ASP.Net 2.0 plans.  We will soon migrate the development environment to VS 2005.  However, today we use VS 2003.  My question is can we initially deply to a server that has .net 2.0 support?  Are the 2.0 libs fully backward compatible? jerry    You can deploy a 1.1 app to a server runnuing both 1.1 and 2.0 by setting the framework version for the application on the server.  You can deploy many (bu...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

AppName in the Connectivity Parm
Hi: I would like to know if there's a connection parameter to set the workstation name and te application name using ADO.NET or OLEDB to SQL SERVER 2005. I'm currently using PB 10.2.1. Build 9858. TIA. C�sar Ratto D. Yes, This is my DBParm: SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='" + ls_provider + "',DATASOURCE='" + server + "',PROVIDERSTRING='DataTypeCompatibility=80;database=" + bd + ";App=" + ls_applicationName + ";WSID=" + ls_workstation + "',TIMEOUT=160,OJSyntax='ANSI',PBTrimChar...

Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ?
 What should I do if I want my asp.net 1.1 work with sql server 2005I get wrong message : SQL Server does not exist or access denied It's HARD to be Advanced ProgrammerIrwan. Well, you don't need to change any code.. there is no different of working against a SQL 2005, it's the same way as working against SQL server 2000 etc. If you have some problem to connect to the SQL Server 2005, just check your connection string if it's correct. For example if you provide the right user name and password etc. The connection string for connecting to a SQL Server 2000 and SQL Serv...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Writing Stored Procedure in .NET 1.1 and using in SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am working on an application in ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 as database.I wanted to use SQLCLR feature of SQL Server 2005. Is it possible that i write Stored Procedures in C# 1.1 and deploy on SQL Server 2005? as it is in case of C# 2.0. Please refer some good tutorial for it. Regards,Imran GhaniImran Abdul Ghani SQL Server requires 2.0. The .net team made a number of changes to the memory manager and gc so .net could be hosted in SQL Server....

Web resources about - .net 1 .. connection string problem with sql server 2005 SP2 - asp.net.config-deploy

... sites must now be monitored. On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...